First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
587 miles from my house to Granger Ford. Worth it?
I think so. If I was that close to Granger, I'd go with them and make a trip of it.

I'm going to try to find a nearby dealer that will do a decent deal, similar to X-Plan. My next option would be to find a dealer near somewhere that I would take the Bronco out to play after picking it up. Arizona and Colorado are good options for me. Barring that, I guess having it shipped to me would work, but it seems that would cut into how good a deal I could get since it would add to a dealer's cost.
Sponsored

AD-CLE

First Edition
First Name
AD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

with X-Plan gone dealers are going to start charging premiums.

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Need to talk to the boss, can get a hop to ATL for $26 and drive back..... Hmmmm.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So if I switch to a different dealer, I could delay delivery of my timestamped reservation? This doesn’t make since especially since 2021MY is being completely filled by reservations. I’m not in the business but thought dealers with the most reservations would actually get my reservation quickest since they aren’t shipping onesy twosy to low reservation dealers.
If I understand the system correctly it goes as follows:

Each dealer is sent in Wave 1, a certain percentage of their order (I can't recall - but it might be 50%).

They get additional percentage based off of how many SUV's they have sold in the past (favors big dealers) and how many Jeeps are sold in the area (favors certain regions).

So if your reservation is a day 5 reservation (just as an example), and you move yours to Granger where (theoretically) 1000 other reservations are, you need to be in the top 500 (plus whatever rank they are in SUV sales and whatever number of Jeep sales there are in the area) to get your Bronco in wave 1 (allocation). Once ALL of Wave 1 is delivered to ALL dealerships, then Wave 2 begins.

If someone put their reservation in on August 31st but their dealer only has 20 reservations, they just need to be in the top 10 to get their Bronco in wave 1.

So your reservation number matters vs all the other reservations AT YOUR DEALER but has very little to no affect on the reservation numbers of other dealers.

Sponsored

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies for supporting a local dealership and not bending over for Granger Ford to save $500 (no offense Granger haha). They’re great and all, but I’m looking forward to the experience of going down to San Diego to pick up my vehicle in person. I’m just recommending SoCal dealership who plans to continue honoring x-plan and maintaining customer relationships. No need for the “having babies” comment. We all want the same thing here.

Also, T-Mobile is garbage ?

cactus_jack

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I love that this so called confirmation uses the words "implies a second dealer switch is allowed"

bf4445

First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea but I don’t live anywhere near Granger Ford. I’ll spend $1000 just getting there. Southern California residents need to switch to Kearny Mesa ASAP.
What does kerny mesa have to offer?

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What does kerny mesa have to offer?
Tootsie pops and a “we won’t financially assault you” statement in writing haha. But they’re honoring x-plan even though Ford just announced that the Bronco is non-eligible. I don’t really care what dealership people use. I’m just spreading the good word haha.

Sponsored

That_Hal

Badlands
First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 and Volvo S90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Honestly makes me wonder why

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thank you for adding Mr. Lahey with these shit birds messing with us!!! Trailer park boys for life haha
They screwed up the Explorer launch due to actual vehicle quality issues?. Get your stuff together! “The sh*t apple doesn’t fall far from the sh*t tree.” - Mr. Lahey

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You know... I’ve already switched to Granger. Albert is super nice and helpful so I’m just gonna stick with them. Plus, by the time I get back to Houston after picking it up it’ll be broken in and I can go nuts.

tyrobronco

Badlands
First Name
CC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco,2017 Ford Fusion Energi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

with X-Plan gone dealers are going to start charging premiums.
By moving back the 'change date', they kinda cut into that ability to some degree.

Go in on December with your B&P and find a dealer who will give you a fair deal. Any premium add-ons, leave. Once you find a place - call, switch, order, sign, done.
Sponsored