First Name
Britt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007LarietCC4x4, 2018FocusTit, 2016Jeep reneTH
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yea. They’re basically taking a loss to maintain their original promises regarding x-plan. I’m quite happy about it.
WHO IS TAKING A LOSS? tHEY WILL STILL GET THE FORD DEALER PERCENTAGE. i'VE BOUGHT LOTS OF fORDS OVER THE YEARS AND HAVE NEVER PAID MORE THAN X PLAN PRICE AND MOST OFTEN MUCH LESS AND THEN REBATES AND DEALER INCENTIVES ARE TAKEN OFF THE PRICE. tIMES ARE CHANGING BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS NEGOTIATE THE LOWEST PRICE POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOK AT REBATES ETC. iF THAT DEALER WON'T GIVE YOU YOUR PRICE ANOTHER ONE WILL. tHERE ARE ALWAYS DEALERS WORKING HARD TO GET THEIR TOTAL SALES NUMBERS UP SO THEY CAN QUALIFY FOR A HIGHER KICKBACK PERCENTAGE FROM fORD
SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK I HATE THAT KEY. nEW KEYBOARD AND I HAVENT POPED IT OUT YET
Sponsored

TTown

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Explorer; 2019 Honda CR-V; 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So what is the point of this? Is this to give Consumers the ability to negotiate something below MSRP by playing one dealer off another?

BroAD

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I understand the system correctly it goes as follows:

Each dealer is sent in Wave 1, a certain percentage of their order (I can't recall - but it might be 50%).

They get additional percentage based off of how many SUV's they have sold in the past (favors big dealers) and how many Jeeps are sold in the area (favors certain regions).

So if your reservation is a day 5 reservation (just as an example), and you move yours to Granger where (theoretically) 1000 other reservations are, you need to be in the top 500 (plus whatever rank they are in SUV sales and whatever number of Jeep sales there are in the area) to get your Bronco in wave 1 (allocation). Once ALL of Wave 1 is delivered to ALL dealerships, then Wave 2 begins.

If someone put their reservation in on August 31st but their dealer only has 20 reservations, they just need to be in the top 10 to get their Bronco in wave 1.

So your reservation number matters vs all the other reservations AT YOUR DEALER but has very little to no affect on the reservation numbers of other dealers.
If you’re right, it wouldn’t matter too much for me since I’m timestamped about 4.5 hours after launch... would have been sooner if I could get the website to work.

N3T

Big Bend
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 e320 wagon
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m in the camp where I hear what they’re saying but I don’t believe this second dealer switch will happen without some penalties. Ford is not doing this out of kindness. Heck, until they post it on their site or email me, I’m skeptical that it’s true.

Communication is a thing, ya know

Ford Bronco News: Second Bronco dealer switch will now be allowed F62342E4-A6A0-4B78-AA07-60A5B3C20F54

TOWMA8R

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ECOBOOST F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Per BN article just posted, change cutoff date is still January 31. Also implies a second dealer switch is allowed now.

This confirms the new date news already posted by Bronco6G.com last Friday --
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...e-sep-18-2022-my-reservation-start-date.6835/

BRONCO 2021 RESERVATION HOLDERS CAN UPDATE DEALER SELECTIONS THROUGH JANUARY 31, 2021

Reservation holders for the 2021 Bronco can update their dealer selection through January 31, 2021 according to information obtained exclusively by Bronco Nation. Reservation holders can contact Ford Customer Support at (800) 334-4375 for assistance in updating their dealer selection. Ford has confirmed that by changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer’s reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp which is important for future owners in securing their place in line.

For those reservation holders who are seeking to change their dealer for a second time, Ford has confirmed that this can be accomplished by contacting the same Ford Customer Support center toll free number for assistance in updating their dealer selection through January 31, 2021. In changing dealers, there will be no impact to a customer’s reservation ID, vehicle details, or the associated timestamp.

Some dealers better step up tot he plate then

Sponsored

Panzer948

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If I understand the system correctly it goes as follows:

Each dealer is sent in Wave 1, a certain percentage of their order (I can't recall - but it might be 50%).

They get additional percentage based off of how many SUV's they have sold in the past (favors big dealers) and how many Jeeps are sold in the area (favors certain regions).

So if your reservation is a day 5 reservation (just as an example), and you move yours to Granger where (theoretically) 1000 other reservations are, you need to be in the top 500 (plus whatever rank they are in SUV sales and whatever number of Jeep sales there are in the area) to get your Bronco in wave 1 (allocation). Once ALL of Wave 1 is delivered to ALL dealerships, then Wave 2 begins.

If someone put their reservation in on August 31st but their dealer only has 20 reservations, they just need to be in the top 10 to get their Bronco in wave 1.

So your reservation number matters vs all the other reservations AT YOUR DEALER but has very little to no affect on the reservation numbers of other dealers.
If you’re right, it wouldn’t matter too much for me since I’m timestamped about 4.5 hours after launch... would have been sooner if I could get the website to work.
Ok, this bit of info is news to me. If this is true, then I could be impacted by recently switching to Stephens since my reservation # is around Day 7. Obviously I want a low hassle great deal but there is something special about being one of the early birds for the Bronco. I would love to verify this somewhere. Would a call to Stephans or Granger confirm? Maybe Ford site where this is listed?

Also, can someone explain the estimated time between Wave 1 and Wave 2? If I am in Wave 2, just how long of an additional wait from Wave 1 would that be? I am surprised why more people are not concerned with this. This concerns me much more than losing X plan...

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I swear, I could get a chimpanzee in here to run this better. Ford pretty much smashed the design. Little nitpicks here and there but over all, its amazing. If they just got out of their own way, made every decision thinking of what's best for the customer, and were up front about everything these guys could be swimming in money and praise over this. The business side of the house has to get their shit together.

SHLYGRR

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Elantra GT Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WHO IS TAKING A LOSS? tHEY WILL STILL GET THE FORD DEALER PERCENTAGE. i'VE BOUGHT LOTS OF fORDS OVER THE YEARS AND HAVE NEVER PAID MORE THAN X PLAN PRICE AND MOST OFTEN MUCH LESS AND THEN REBATES AND DEALER INCENTIVES ARE TAKEN OFF THE PRICE. tIMES ARE CHANGING BUT YOU SHOULD ALWAYS NEGOTIATE THE LOWEST PRICE POSSIBLE BEFORE YOU EVEN LOOK AT REBATES ETC. iF THAT DEALER WON'T GIVE YOU YOUR PRICE ANOTHER ONE WILL. tHERE ARE ALWAYS DEALERS WORKING HARD TO GET THEIR TOTAL SALES NUMBERS UP SO THEY CAN QUALIFY FOR A HIGHER KICKBACK PERCENTAGE FROM fORD
SORRY FOR CAPS LOCK I HATE THAT KEY. nEW KEYBOARD AND I HAVENT POPED IT OUT YET

Incognito

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 jk
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is now way a place like Granger is going to be allocated thousands of broncos.

I'm still not switching.
Do you really think that Ford is going to tell customers with reservations:
" Fuck you and yours!
Go get raped by my good buddy, dealer X!
He needs your money more than we need your sale!!".

????!!!????

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Wouldn't need a second dealer change if they allowed x-plan pricing..
It might help get dealers to offer a better deal to stay at their dealership, since you'll be able to change right up to the last orders can be placed.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would someone need to switch dealers so often? 1 time I get, but...
Some that switched and now realize they may have a very long wait might want to move to where there's a better chance of getting a Bronco sometime in 2021 is one reason I can think of.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My reservation is only a month or so old, so I am just going to do a new one with Granger this month. I was already pretty far back in line with no X-Plan, I'll go with 2k under invoice.
If your reservation is before Sept 18th, you should make the 21 cut. A new reservation will guarantee you will end up with a 22 sometime in 2022.