Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wish the windshield was a little more upright, but the body looks to have a better shape than the current one.
Sponsored

mestuntman

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
OICU812
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just looks like another TOYOTA to me. SOS!

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I swear every time I get used to a new grill, Ford changes it. And not little changes either. Starting to feel like the old man complaining about what all the young folks are into. ?
Yeah, I may change my mind once I see it. I've thought Chevy grills/face were awful for almost 20 years until this last year (at least on Silverado Trim and higher), so every once in awhile they get it right.

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you compare an extended cab or super crew Ranger to a single cab F-150, then yes, the overall length will be similar.

But compare like-for-like cab sizes and it's a different story. Plus the Ranger has a much tighter turning radius due to its shorter wheelbase and narrower width.

Ranger width is 73" without mirrors.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/atta...ody-builders-layout-book-compressed-pdf.1542/
None of the measurements are for Crew Cab. It's virtually impossible to find 2020 Ranger in Regular Cab. I measured like for like on all of these. LT Regular/Extended cab vs. XL Extended Cab. As you know the frame on an LT Regular Cab and Extended are the same. They just change the bed size.

Now, yours is the only listing I'm finding with the 73' width. Every single other schematic I can find lists it at 78". Even Ford's measurements say it's 78".

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/models/ranger-xl/

However, they do list the width WITHOUT mirrors as 73.3 inches.

Directly from Ford's website:

Width - Excluding mirrors73.3 in.73.3 in.73.3 in.73.3 in.
Width - Including standard mirrors85.8 in.85.8 in.85.8 in.85.8 in.
Width - Standard Mirrors folded77.8 in.77.8 in.77.8 in.77.8 in.

Like I said before, the 2020 Ranger, is the literally the same size as a 2012 F-150 LT.

There's no getting around it, these are right on the cusp of being Full Size pickups.

Last edited:

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I may change my mind once I see it. I've thought Chevy grills/face were awful for almost 20 years until this last year (at least on Silverado Trim and higher), so every once in awhile they get it right.
the 2021 front end is pretty mean looking, I like it

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe slightly OT but could someone fill me in on why the new Rangers are so big? I know CAFE regs play a part here but I don’t really understand it.

Is there really that much of a demand in the truck market that Ford is selling the F150, the only slightly smaller Ranger and soon the much smaller Maverick? Why not make the Ranger the small truck?

Or did Ford bring back the Ranger in a CAFE-beneficial size to eek out the extra volume of large trucks so they can sell the much smaller Maverick and still increase net profit?
CAFE and the market for a small truck is tough. People want to buy them used, not new. If you want a low cost truck, the Maverick will be the way to go.

As the owner of a Ranger SuperCrew, I can't imagine it being any smaller. I already think that the cab needs a 3"-6" stretch. The only way to make the Ranger any smaller is to just offer a regular cab with a longer bed. However, there is no business case for that. Might as well just push people to the F150 XL RCLB.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford blew it on the new Ranger with that car-like front end. Ford seems to always have trouble with the looks from the front on their pickups.

Boxier, big, truck-like front ends, please. Like RAM and GM...

Everything else the seem to do fine with, but the plastic-aluminum robot interior also has to go (for F150/Expedition).

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

That front end confirms (at least the headlight shape) the leaked render that came out Australia last year.

Ford Bronco Next Gen 2023 Ford Ranger Spied in First Look! [Updated with closeup pics] Screenshot 2021-01-11 155924

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford blew it on the new Ranger with that car-like front end. Ford seems to always have trouble with the looks from the front on their pickups.

Everything else the seem to do fine with, but the plastic-aluminum robot interior also has to go (for F150/Expedition).
I couldn't agree more! This 100%!!

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nice! I will be heavying weighing the next gen Ranger vs a used Bronco vs 2023 4runner.

Competition for the win. (y)

Sponsored

Willwork4bronco

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My 2007 SCREW with a 6.5 bed is only 221 inches. It sits higher than a Ranger but it’s on 33’s otherwise I have to agree they are pretty much the same. I wouldn’t know though cause I DD the 07 and only drive the Ranger at work 2 or 3 times a week.

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maybe slightly OT but could someone fill me in on why the new Rangers are so big?
I’m at the opposite end of that thought — I wish they were a little bigger, because for all their outside size, they’re even smaller on the inside. Kind of the opposite of a T.A.R.D.I.S. Too small for a family of 4.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The front end looks the way it does because that design was never intended for North America. Look at the T6 Ranger platforms competition (Toyota Hilux, VW Amarok, Isuzu D-max, etc...) and you'll understand why it looks the way it does. Our truck market is completely different than the rest of the world.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I skipped out on getting a Ranger in order to wait on the Bronco. Am I regretting that decision? No.

For what it's worth, I may try to find myself a 2012 Ranger to tinker with while I wait for the Bronco rollout. These new Rangers are literally the size of a 2012 F150. I know it's due to regulations, but I really think the world wants a smaller workhorse type truck.

Hell, I'd event take a remake of the El Camino or Ranchero at this point, just to get a small size pick-up.
I was hoping the maverick would be more of a ute ranchero and for real the new rangers are the exact same size on the outside as my 96 bronco. Its a crying shame that something that size doesnt have a 2000lb payload. My 91 comanche does and it fits down tight trails.
Sponsored