First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hahaha no. Chevy is getting CRUSHED due to the horrendous front end they put on the latest truck, and RAM is skating by on their interior alone. Ford sold 100,000 more F series trucks than GM sold Silverados and Sierras COMBINED, and Ford sold 260,000 more than RAM.

Ford - DON'T listen to this guy on the internet, keep doing what you're doing, it's clearly working.

A 2007 Supercrew with the long bed is 236" long. I don't know what kind of weird metric ruler you're using.
Maybe you can come hold the tape measure for me.
Sponsored

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's not quite accurate.

Ford sold 787,422 F-Series trucks in the U.S. in 2020
Chevy sold 594,094 Silverados/ GMC sold 253,016 Sierras = 847,110
I pulled 2019 numbers, the last full year without the pandemic disrupting purchasing, production, and supply.

https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2019-us-pickup-truck-sales-figures-by-model/

Also, F-150 sales were down in 2020 year in anticipation of the 2021 rollout. Who's going to waste money on the broke-ass last gen model when the new and shiny one is coming out?

Also, sorry I can't check your Chevy numbers since I can't access your hard drive, Mr. S.

CPL_Rabbit

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Minivan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Also, sorry I can't check your Chevy numbers since I can't access your hard drive, Mr. S.
Hah, I pulled that link from Jalopnik. Shilling was the writer of the article. Looks like he made a booboo.

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ranger is on my radar to be a contender in replacing our 17 escape (bronco sport is the other ford contender). if the Bronco was not coming out a ranger or 4 runner would be in my driveway now.

Looking forward to what parts are shared between the next gen ranger and bronco.

Last edited:

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ford blew it on the new Ranger with that car-like front end. Ford seems to always have trouble with the looks from the front on their pickups.

Boxier, big, truck-like front ends, please. Like RAM and GM...

Everything else the seem to do fine with, but the plastic-aluminum robot interior also has to go (for F150/Expedition).
They didn't blow it. That's what everyone else in the rest of the world wants. They didn't care about having metal bumpers, a boxed frame, etc. The current Ranger was not intended for our consumption. They started building it as quickly and cheaply as possible. It was already expensive enough to federalize a design that wasn't meant to be sold in the US. The next gen Ranger should be much better in terms of its American focused design.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Here are some clearer renders.
2022-Ford-Ranger-Exterior.jpg

2022-Ford-Ranger-Front.jpg
Since we're talking about over-compensating..... Those 6G Ranger renderings are doing exactly that.

Ranger doesn't need to be an F150. F150 has become so large it won't fit in many peoples garages or in the city. Ranger doesn't need to become the MY2010 F150, it needs to stay as a medium sized truck.

However..... CAFE. Ford needs this thing to be as large as humanly possible to skirt fuel economy standards. My guess is within 3 generations Maverick will be as large as the 5th generation Ranger is currently, at the same time Ranger will be the size of a 2018 F150 and the F150 will be the size of a current F250.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I skipped out on getting a Ranger in order to wait on the Bronco. Am I regretting that decision? No.

For what it's worth, I may try to find myself a 2012 Ranger to tinker with while I wait for the Bronco rollout. These new Rangers are literally the size of a 2012 F150. I know it's due to regulations, but I really think the world wants a smaller workhorse type truck.

Hell, I'd event take a remake of the El Camino or Ranchero at this point, just to get a small size pick-up.
Currently, I drive a 2019 Ranger. They are not as large as you would think. It’s the perfect size for a family of four. Not too big and not too small. Perfect to zip around down, haul what you need, and do some off roading every once in a while. The 2.3L ecoboost engine is great.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Currently, I drive a 2019 Ranger. They are not as large as you would think. It’s the perfect size for a family of four. Not too big and not too small. Perfect to zip around down, haul what you need, and do some off roading every once in a while. The 2.3L ecoboost engine is great.
As a fellow '19 Ranger owner, i'm curious if you're planning on either sticking with the 10 speed AT trans or 2.3 for Bronco? (will withhold my opinions on those two in order to gather your genuine response.... Most on here already know my leanings on these two important factors)

Lightning Blue is BLUEtiful! Those lucky First Edition Bronco folks better order their rig in Lightning Blue!!!! PS: The 6' bed is where it's at, it fits my custom stretched drift-quad perfectly even with the Retract Pro bed cover.
Ford Bronco Next Gen 2023 Ford Ranger Spied in First Look! [Updated with closeup pics] hauling the quad

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a fellow '19 Ranger owner, i'm curious if you're planning on either sticking with the 10 speed AT trans or 2.3 for Bronco? (will withhold my opinions on those two in order to gather your genuine response.... Most on here already know my leanings on these two important factors)

Lightning Blue is BLUEtiful! Those lucky First Edition Bronco folks better order their rig in Lightning Blue!!!! PS: The 6' bed is where it's at, it fits my custom stretched drift-quad perfectly even with the Retract Pro bed cover.
Ford Bronco Next Gen 2023 Ford Ranger Spied in First Look! [Updated with closeup pics] hauling the quad
I was going to mention that the 2.3L engine is great, but I think I am going to go with the 2.7L. I would say mainly because a little more power would be best considering I am adding Sasquatch to my Bronco. If it was on the lot with a 2.3L, I would take it. However, I am building it, so I might as well add the 27L.

Don’t get me wrong, the 2.3L ecoboost kicks butt, however it would be nicer with a little more pop especially when the Bronco is heavier vehicle. Just my opinion.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hah, I pulled that link from Jalopnik. Shilling was the writer of the article. Looks like he made a booboo.
That's funny! I saw "eshilling" and thought it was Eric for some reason, but couldn't figure out why my brain went straight to Eric. This makes more sense.

Sponsored

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have a Ranger and I'm going 7-speed manual. Not that I hate the 10-speed. I just want a manual transmission.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I was going to mention that the 2.3L engine is great, but I think I am going to go with the 2.7L. I would say mainly because a little more power would be best considering I am adding Sasquatch to my Bronco. If it was on the lot with a 2.3L, I would take it. However, I am building it, so I might as well add the 27L.

Don’t get me wrong, the 2.3L ecoboost kicks butt, however it would be nicer with a little more pop especially when the Bronco is heavier vehicle. Just my opinion.
I have a Ranger and I'm going 7-speed manual. Not that I hate the 10-speed. I just want a manual transmission.
I'm genuinely surprised by the low number of people complaining about the 10-speed in the Ranger. (Full disclosure: the GF loves it and doesn't find anything wrong with the transmission either)

Having towed ~5,000 lbs with Ranger in the rain with a bit of the ol' ups and downs, i've had zero issue with the 2.3 not having enough power/torques for the job. Ranger + 5K lbs is already so very far past Bronco's GVRW that i'm stoked to get my hands on the 2.3 paired with a proper transmission*.

* I'm the weirdo that enjoys the non-synchronized 3-on-the-tree manual of my '51 fleetline. In fact, the only reason I even considered Bronco was the availability of a proper manual transmission, once it was announced that Bronco would pair the 2.3 with a MT, I made my reservation, haven't looked back since nor considered all both other MT vehicles offered which weren't coupe sports cars or entry-level subcompacts.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My Bronco won't have much of a weight difference from my Ranger. I'm getting the 2-Door Base. I'm sure the 2.3 will be fine for that vehicle.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

hauling the quad.jpg
I was looking at the BL 2.3L manual because I had a 2000 Mustang GT manual. I kind of missed it, but the wife wants to drive the Bronco. She is not a fan of manual, and doesn't want to learn how to drive one. Happy wife, happy life.

atonge40

Base
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm genuinely surprised by the low number of people complaining about the 10-speed in the Ranger. (Full disclosure: the GF loves it and doesn't find anything wrong with the transmission either)
I've driven the 10-speed in the F150, SuperDuty, Expedition, Navigator, Explorer, Aviator, Ranger, Mustang, and Camaro. It is unequivocally a great automatic transmission.
Sponsored