Next Gen 4runner

Randy92Fox

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Just wondering if anyone knew or if there are rumors regarding any major changes on the next 4runner.

Saw it mentioned in another thread but didn't want to muck it up.

I'm a Ford guy so the Bronco is for me but I'm hoping that the Bronco does good and maybe some day we will see a removable roof 4Runner again.

Any rumblings on that?

Maybe if the Bronco does VERY well we may even see another iteration of the FJ!

Advertisement

DrewBronc21

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Just wondering if anyone knew or if there are rumors regarding any major changes on the next 4runner.

I'm a Ford guy so the Bronco is for me but I'm hoping that the Bronco does good and maybe some day we will see a removable roof 4Runner again.

Any rumblings on that?

No idea what Toyota’s plans are but if Toyota made a removable top, manual transmission 4Runner or FJ with a new, more powerful motor option or tunable turbo, I might not be here. I’ve had an old 22re pickup, 91 4Runner and 95 Corolla lol. Also had 2014 Rav4, 2015 Camry and now an 18 Camry Hybrid as fleet cars. I like Toyota’s. They don’t break but they sure are boring!

JimmyDean

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
No idea what Toyota’s plans are but if Toyota made a removable top, manual transmission 4Runner or FJ with a new, more powerful motor option or tunable turbo, I might not be here. I’ve had an old 22re pickup, 91 4Runner and 95 Corolla lol. Also had 2014 Rav4, 2015 Camry and now an 18 Camry Hybrid as fleet cars. I like Toyota’s. They don’t break but they sure are boring!
Yeah, I like our 4Runner, reliable, comfortable, but rather uninspiring.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Vehicle Showcase

Any rumblings on that?

Only that the next generation is pushed back to 2022 meaning dont expect seeing it for at least another 18-24 months

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
EAC8520A-B26B-4D6D-87BA-6C4E9086D38C.jpeg

Take it for what it’s worth. But this looks very believable.

ChrispyKC

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicles
That looks exactly how I'd imagine a Toyota presentation about future products would look. Boring as F*ck in a gray room with horribly uncomfortable chairs. Uh for the next year, we're going crazy and offering an additional 8 miles of range and 3 more HP in Prius, Camry will continue to be grounded to the ground, we're adding a vacuum cleaner in the rear of Sienna for your crumb crushing toddler, and hold on to your butts, we're removing cassette players from Avalon so please notify your great grandparents that the internet or information super highway isn't a fad and they'll need to buy CD's in order to catch up to 2006.

Versus a Ford presentation on a giant stage where they show kick ass videos of future products doing kick ass shit that everyone thinks won't be possible with the suspension setup they've seen on pre-production prototypes that they've been selectively shown through "spy shots" and then the product comes out to a standing ovation only to be whisked away shortly after.

just972

First Name
Douglas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4runner, Mustang Convertible
I truly love my 2019 4runner. This is the 3rd one I've owned and I have never been disappointed on the road or on the trail. The reliability is amazing- however I want a vehicle with removable top and doors with similar reliability. The jeep is completely out of the picture because of that. I agree with DrewBronc21 that if the 4 runner had these options I would not be here. I just can't wait for two years down the road with some real world data- then I will hopefully be ordering a new Bronco to replace my 4runner.

OP
Randy92Fox

Randy92Fox

First Name
Randy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
I truly love my 2019 4runner. This is the 3rd one I've owned and I have never been disappointed on the road or on the trail. The reliability is amazing- however I want a vehicle with removable top and doors with similar reliability. The jeep is completely out of the picture because of that. I agree with DrewBronc21 that if the 4 runner had these options I would not be here. I just can't wait for two years down the road with some real world data- then I will hopefully be ordering a new Bronco to replace my 4runner.
Maybe the success of the new Bronco will inspire Toyota to take the top off the 4runner or bring back some sort of an FJ 🤞

The Ford Bronco Will Be Revealed In...