FlyingScot

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unpopular opinion here, but that engine was junk and was only loved because every other diesel in a Ford was that much worse.
That... is certainly an unpopular opinion
Sponsored

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Unpopular opinion here, but that engine was junk and was only loved because every other diesel in a Ford was that much worse.
Tell me you don’t know much about diesels without actually telling me you don’t know much about diesels.

On another note ram recently recalled the 2019 and 2020, 2500 and 3500 trucks with the Cummins diesel to replace all the CP4 high pressure fuel pumps with the CP3 pump that they used before and used again as of 2021.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That... is certainly an unpopular opinion
Tell me you don’t know much about diesels without actually telling me you don’t know much about diesels.

On another note ram recently recalled the 2019 and 2020, 2500 and 3500 trucks with the Cummins diesel to replace all the CP4 high pressure fuel pumps with the CP3 pump that they used before and used again as of 2021.
If I never replace another HPOP, IDM, CPS, or IPR again it will be too soon. I hated my PSD.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Classic Lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Dodge Challenger T/A 392
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If I never replace another HPOP, IDM, CPS, or IPR again it will be too soon. I hated my PSD.
If you use OEM parts those are hardly ever an issue. I work on diesel trucks every single day and the 7.3 is a great engine, doesn’t make a lot of power but it’s extremely reliable and will keep running even with poor maintenance. Of course there is always a bad one here and there and maybe you got unlucky, but it’s definitely not a junk engine.

Sponsored

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In before the resident apologists tell everyone to stop whining because it’s only .00000001% of 2.7’s dying.

when they show up we have their T-shirts ready to hand out
Ford Bronco NHTSA Opens Investigation Into Bronco 2.7L V6 Over Catastrophic Engine Failures bleeds blue

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It says right in the NHTSA document that there have been 32 complaints filed

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Wow. I’m guessing there’s a LOT more of this going on than we are aware of here on 6G.
I pointed that out, the number documented on this forum being a fraction of the actual failures. Not every owner of a Bronco is a member here, doesn’t take a genius to figure that out and yet people gave me sh!t about pointing that out. Even had a supposed Ford engineer tell me the number documented on this forum was the actual total.

Sponsored

@BadBlueBronco

Badlands
First Name
Kc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Strange that Ford hasn't quickly jumped into the forum to comment on this only to jump out of the forum just as fast.

Will the new engines come with the correct dipstick?
Can you send me your vin number so I can help? Lmfao

Jacksonholio

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Tahoe Z71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wow. If engines randomly dying at highway speeds isn’t a safety issue then what is?
It's not as if the failures are causing trucks to come to a sudden halt. If it fails put your emergency lights on and coast to the side. Just like running out of gas. Do we need a recall because every vehicle runs the risk of running out if gas? My Bronco is right in the middle of the shitstorm and I'm not concerned at all. I have a warranty.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It's not as if the failures are causing trucks to come to a sudden halt. If it fails put your emergency lights on and coast to the side. Just like running out of gas. Do we need a recall because every vehicle runs the risk of running out if gas? My Bronco is right in the middle of the shitstorm and I'm not concerned at all. I have a warranty.
If you’re in the middle of a 4 lane highway this is not as simple as just turning your flashers on and getting over.

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Those who actually think Ford will recall these engines; it will never happen. If it breaks, they will fix/replace it. If it doesn't, then let them continue running. If it aint broke don't fix it; until it needs to be fixed.
Remember that GM never changed the engines in Fieros that would throw its guts out through the crankcase but only provided an extra firewall on the side to prevent the cars from catching fire.

No Bronco that has blown its 2.7 has caught fire because of the engine failure. I would ask, however, how many have been involved in crashes because of the failure.

Brownmule247

Wildtrak
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion, Jeep Rubicon Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now I hope they get that figured out before 2024 when I’m expecting my Wildtrak!
Sponsored