First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well I guess I drew the short straw on this one haha just my luck but I get to say I was one of the first to get my bronco delivered and also one of the first to wreck one haha was my favorite vehicle I have ever owned up until this point having had it for a few months loved every second of it. Everyone was fine nobody injured except my pride but I took a square hit to the rear right tire sliding through an icy intersection and it looks like the bronco was built to take a solid hit at first looks nothing super serious is eminent except for a damaged wheel some dents a junk fender flare and some suspension components bent in the rear I'm hoping there isn't any hidden surprises like a bent frame but I guess we will see shortly and also see how readily available the parts are wish me luck! till then ill be "keeping my stick on the ice".

Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_182003
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_182504
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_184923
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_185820
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_190718
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_191026
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_191034
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_194131
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_194511
Ford Bronco NIGHTMARE!!! Intersection Accident 20220112_195418
Sponsored

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn! Sorry, that really sucks. Glad everyone is ok.
I had a similar hit when someone ran a stop sign and hit my drivers rear tire on my F-150, spun me 180 degrees in the road, but drove it away! Couldn't believe the damage it could take, new wheel, some body repair and new leaf spring packs and it was all good.

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn, that car fared much worse.

OP
OP
BRONCBOY21

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Damn! Sorry, that really sucks. Glad everyone is ok.
I had a similar hit when someone ran a stop sign and hit my drivers rear tire on my F-150, spun me 180 degrees in the road, but drove it away! Couldn't believe the damage it could take, new wheel, some body repair and new leaf spring packs and it was all good.
Pretty much what happened to me where the bronco sits in the picture is where I ended up haha pretty sure I did two 360 spins to end up there but yes hope it is minimal damage and can get it back to like new condition.

Sponsored

Bronco23

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Glad every one is ok, that sucks big time. I have to say, in these accidents I have seen Bronco's involved in they have performed very well as far as how they hold up. They are Definitely well put together.

OP
OP
BRONCBOY21

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad every one is ok, that sucks big time. I have to say, in these accidents I have seen Bronco's involved in they have performed very well as far as how they hold up. They are Definitely well put together.
They seem to do very well in accidents everyone at the scene was impressed.

gigidaho

Wildtrak
First Name
Gig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m curious, did you have it in 4A? If not do you think it would have helped if you did? Unless it’s bone dry out I leave my truck in 4a pretty much all winter but I do wonder about how effective it would actually be in instances like that that, or what it’s doing to vehicle wear/fuel consumption…

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Honestly, your definition of "NIGHTMARE", and my definition of it, are not the same lol. That looks like some fairly minor damage to your truck in a fairly common fender bender type of situation. Should it ruin your day? Probably, but I am not sure I'd call it a nightmare :).

Sponsored
OP
OP
BRONCBOY21

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m curious, did you have it in 4A? If not do you think it would have helped if you did? Unless it’s bone dry out I leave my truck in 4a pretty much all winter but I do wonder about how effective it would actually be in instances like that that, or what it’s doing to vehicle wear/fuel consumption…
I did have it in 4A and it definitely did help some but by the time i was already into the intersection and it was too late right before impact i left off the brake and went to the gas to try and get out in front of them and i almost made it as you can see they got me on the rear tire instead of centerpunching the bronco but all in all it is what it is haha and i have had about the same MPG in 4A and 2H does not seem to make too much of a difference.

buck_6G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Glad you're okay, and sorry about your ride! Looks like the Bronco's height kept the other car from damaging most of the body. Hopefully you didn't get banged up!

"Yeah, but you should see the other guy!"

OP
OP
BRONCBOY21

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Honestly, your definition of "NIGHTMARE", and my definition of it, are not the same lol. That looks like some fairly minor damage to your truck in a fairly common fender bender type of situation. Should it ruin your day? Probably, but I am not sure I'd call it a nightmare :).
Could be a lot worse for sure but waiting so long for my dream vehicle to have it taken away so quickly is the nightmare haha let alone how long it will be de-commissioned due to parts sitting outside at the dealer i would be surprised if I see it again in 30-60 days and hopefully no-frame damage ill update after the deal diagnosis's it but fingers crossed it is simple enough.

OP
OP
BRONCBOY21

BRONCBOY21

Base
First Name
Ayres
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad you're okay, and sorry about your ride! Looks like the Bronco's height kept the other car from damaging most of the body. Hopefully you didn't get banged up!

"Yeah, but you should see the other guy!"
Primer example of "you should see the other guy" haha yes all is well fastest i have ever done a double 360 spin though haha.
Sponsored