Sponsored

Nitpicking due to frustration? More comfort and security features should be standard

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’ll admit at this point I’m somewhat obsessed. The more time I spend on these forums the worse I get. As these models are coming off the assembly line I’m looking at them and sharing the pics with family who immediately start asking questions that bring up comparisons to my current vehicle. I’ve found myself far to often answering “well no that’s not standard” , and “that’s extra”, “that costs more”. For a vehicle that is going to cost me $50k for what is not the top of the line model I find it ridiculous that Ford is not including comfort and security features as standard rather than optional- as compared to that you would find on the F150. Granted this is a an off-road vehicle but still for a lot of us our daily driver. Anybody else frustrated? Come on Ford. I’m getting my BRONCO. But broken promises and most of the features I want being “available“ that should be included are quickly damping my enthusiasm.
Sponsored

VTBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ll admit at this point I’m somewhat obsessed. The more time I spend on these forums the worse I get. As these models are coming off the assembly line I’m looking at them and sharing the pics with family who immediately start asking questions that bring up comparisons to my current vehicle. I’ve found myself far to often answering “well no that’s not standard” , and “that’s extra”, “that costs more”. For a vehicle that is going to cost me $50k for what is not the top of the line model I find it ridiculous that Ford is not including comfort and security features as standard rather than optional- as compared to that you would find on the F150. Granted this is a an off-road vehicle but still for a lot of us our daily driver. Anybody else frustrated? Come on Ford. I’m getting my BRONCO. But broken promises and most of the features I want being “available“ that should be included are quickly damping my enthusiasm.
You’re totally right. I actually mentioned this in another thread. I think the lack of standard safety features is a touch bothersome. It’s 2020. This will be a 2021 model year rig. Brand new. I know this is an off-road vehicle, but I will be using it primarily for daily-driving. Safety shouldn’t be a markup in my opinion, but that’s just my 2 cents.

tshaw2009

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 Lariat, 2018 Ford Edge Titanium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I agree that the safety and security features should be standard at this point. Options such as BLIS, rear camera grids, lane keeping, intelligent access, etc. should be standard. The government may very well make them required features on a vehicle before too long. After all, they did it with the backup camera. But as long as manufacturers aren't required to make those features standard, we will continue to pay hefty sums for them.

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've pretty much resigned to starting at the top with Badsquatch with Lux package at closer to $60k. When it comes time to actually put the pen to it, there may be some sacrifices. Until then, that's the one I'm dreaming about.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don’t like that they divided the safety features across 3 tiers of packaging. I get not including them as standard because there is a large portion of the consumer base that doesn’t want them and making them standard would increase the base price. I think they should have included a Safety Package option available across all trims that includes all the safety features. Evasive steering assist doesn’t exactly scream luxury to me.

Sponsored

mostly harmless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody else frustrated?
Absolutely. Is Ford still going to get my money? Most likely, but yes, I share your frustration. It does feel like we are being nickeled and dimed and pushed into higher trim levels just to get features that “should” be included, or at least available ala carte.

So your only options are to play their shitty game, or choose not to play and not get the Bronco that you want. Neither option is wrong, it just depends on what is important to you ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ve rented a car with all that stuff and I find it a distraction. I’m happy that I’m not required to put up with all the electronic nannies.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree that the safety and security features should be standard at this point. Options such as BLIS, rear camera grids, lane keeping, intelligent access, etc. should be standard. The government may very well make them required features on a vehicle before too long. After all, they did it with the backup camera. But as long as manufacturers aren't required to make those features standard, we will continue to pay hefty sums for them.
Absolutely not. I can use my mirrors to see beside me, I can also turn my head to see my blind spot and I don't need a computer to keep me in my lane, sometimes I like to cut corners and apex when nothing is coming. You want it, you order it and let me have my basic Bronco because I don't want it telling me what to do, that's why I'm behind the wheel, to drive.

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think I spend more time on here just because I'm really excited for the Bronco. I also just it out here for news and info. I'm killing time until the B&P is up and see the convos about that.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t like that they divided the safety features across 3 tiers of packaging. I get not including them as standard because there is a large portion of the consumer base that doesn’t want them and making them standard would increase the base price. I think they should have included a Safety Package option available across all trims that includes all the safety features. Evasive steering assist doesn’t exactly scream luxury to me.
I really like this "Full SafetyPackage" idea.

OP
OP
buckthis

buckthis

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150, Ford Focus, Buick Enclave, Toyota CH
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Absolutely not. I can use my mirrors to see beside me, I can also turn my head to see my blind spot and I don't need a computer to keep me in my lane, sometimes I like to cut corners and apex when nothing is coming. You want it, you order it and let me have my basic Bronco because I don't want it telling me what to do, that's why I'm behind the wheel, to drive.
I agree I don’t need the computer to drive. And I use my mirrors regardless. I’m just saying some of this stuff should be standard even on the base model.