Sponsored

Nitpicking due to frustration? More comfort and security features should be standard

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I knew I would read the word “nannies” in this thread if I was patient enough! Didn’t take long!
Guilty... Maybe "watchdog" would have been better?
Sponsored

Broncomputer

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Back up alert is a godsend. And so is blind spot monitoring. They are game changers.

The lane keep assist can be annoying. or just not work.

I'm not totally upset but it is unfortunate that they aren't standard like a lot of vehicles.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ll admit at this point I’m somewhat obsessed. The more time I spend on these forums the worse I get. As these models are coming off the assembly line I’m looking at them and sharing the pics with family who immediately start asking questions that bring up comparisons to my current vehicle. I’ve found myself far to often answering “well no that’s not standard” , and “that’s extra”, “that costs more”. For a vehicle that is going to cost me $50k for what is not the top of the line model I find it ridiculous that Ford is not including comfort and security features as standard rather than optional- as compared to that you would find on the F150. Granted this is a an off-road vehicle but still for a lot of us our daily driver. Anybody else frustrated? Come on Ford. I’m getting my BRONCO. But broken promises and most of the features I want being “available“ that should be included are quickly damping my enthusiasm.
While I mostly agree, it’s par for the course with a lot of other models/manufacturers.

my 2019 Highlander SE cost about $45k and doesn’t even have back up sensors. Ya know the beeping?! WTF. Have you seen my wife drive?! Should be mandatory ;)

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hyundai starts including some of these features on their base model vehicles with some models just under $20k.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

While I mostly agree, it’s par for the course with a lot of other models/manufacturers.

my 2019 Highlander SE cost about $45k and doesn’t even have back up sensors. Ya know the beeping?! WTF. Have you seen my wife drive?! Should be mandatory ;)
Ive started looking at the telluride. While not nearly as off road capable. For under 40k it’s pretty much loaded with tech, safety, luxury interior and 10yr warranty. 40k bronco gets you a base v6/auto with plastic looking interior , manual seats,30 inch tires and open diff, some switches maybe.

I get that the bronco has a removable top and has the cool factor. But 40k for a stripped suv isn’t a good deal bc it can drive over rocks. I am definitely on the fence of cool vs everything else.

Internally_Combusted

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy C10
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Adaptive cruise control with lane keep assist and stop and go require all of those safety features / sensors to operate effectively and I find that feature most useful on long road trips or when I hit heavy beach traffic. Safety features are beneficial to the driver in any situation where you are on a public road, more specifically boring highways where it's nice to let the computer do some of the driving to reduce fatigue for the fun stuff off road.

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ive started looking at the telluride. While not nearly as off road capable. For under 40k it’s pretty much loaded with tech, safety, luxury interior and 10yr warranty. 40k bronco gets you a base v6/auto with plastic looking interior , manual seats,30 inch tires and open diff, some switches maybe.

I get that the bronco has a removable top and has the cool factor. But 40k for a stripped suv isn’t a good deal bc it can drive over rocks. I am definitely on the fence of cool vs everything else.
Yeah those Tellurides are selling like hot cakes. I’d replace my Highlander with one. But I wouldn’t get one over a Bronco.

Gonna keep the Highlander as it’s really my wife’s car. And it’s great for the kiddos. Bronco will be mine and I’m moving away from sports wagons (Audi/VW). This is in lieu of a Raptor , which is still a backup. Wife can’t stand Raptors and is actually pretty excited for a Bronco. Of course I’ll tune the engine so I’ll get my rocks off with a tuned twin turbo v6. 90% in town and freeway driving.

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Acura. I have two of them.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kia Telluride 291 hp 262 tq, so a few horses on the 2.3 but no where near the torque letalone the 2.7 figures. 40k will get you a 2.3 4 door Black Diamond which has the rear locker.
Sponsored