Sponsored

Nitpicking due to frustration? More comfort and security features should be standard

elfshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Eh, I'm not too concerned. Of course, none of my vehicles have any of this fancy stuff (2006 Jeep LIbery, 2014 Honda Pilot) - well I guess the Pilot has a backup camera (which is nice for that shoe box). Maybe I just haven't been spoiled by these feature yet, but it really isn't an issue for me.

Heck, my Liberty on a nice set of all-terrains wanders within the lane like any good Jeep would. I'm suspecting the Bronco with IFS will drive like a dream compared to it!! ;)
Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Kia Telluride 291 hp 262 tq, so a few horses on the 2.3 but no where near the torque letalone the 2.7 figures. 40k will get you a 2.3 4 door Black Diamond which has the rear locker.
Yep but 4cyl manual with metal bumpers and vinyl seats also doesn’t sound desirable. Get the v6 and auto and mid package. Now you’re at 45+. I’m not knocking the bronco, I know they are competing features/ price with the wrangler and not other models size SUVs. And yes, I think the wrangler is an even worse value bc it looks so damn cheap.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree that the safety and security features should be standard at this point. Options such as BLIS, rear camera grids, lane keeping, intelligent access, etc. should be standard. The government may very well make them required features on a vehicle before too long. After all, they did it with the backup camera. But as long as manufacturers aren't required to make those features standard, we will continue to pay hefty sums for them.
Don't be mistaken, if they are mandated we will also pay for them-we will not have a choice.

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yep but 4cyl manual with metal bumpers and vinyl seats also doesn’t sound desirable. Get the v6 and auto and mid package. Now you’re at 45+. I’m not knocking the bronco, I know they are competing features/ price with the wrangler and not other models size SUVs. And yes, I think the wrangler is an even worse value bc it looks so damn cheap.
To each his own! I'd take the Bronco marine grade vinyl over Kia "leather" any day. And you can't compare the Bronco V6 price when the telluride engine overall is outperformed by the 2.3. The Telluride is a great looking rig and definitely has a lot of upside. IMO it's almost like a small scale budget Escalade.

BruckinFonco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 VW GTI Sport MT, 1993 VW Corrado VR6 MT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve rented a car with all that stuff and I find it a distraction. I’m happy that I’m not required to put up with all the electronic nannies.
Same. I go to the BMW event every year when it comes to town and test drive everything I can. I test drove an X7 at the last one and all of the nannies completely ruined the experience. Maybe they’re more invasive on that model because it’s so large, not sure, but I didn’t notice any of the nannies on any of the other models I drove that day.

Everything that comes standard on the Bronco is all I need. I parallel park a lot so the backup camera is the only option I’d pay extra for on a vehicle if it didn’t come standard.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

To each his own! I'd take the Bronco marine grade vinyl over Kia "leather" any day. And you can't compare the Bronco V6 price when the telluride engine overall is outperformed by the 2.3. The Telluride is a great looking rig and definitely has a lot of upside. IMO it's almost like a small scale budget Escalade.
Yeah telli def could use a better engine. I was in on a base 4dr bronco and thinking I’ll overpay a little bc it’s cool. Once they took off the included auto, it really put a sour taste in my mouth. Like you think I’m gonna pay 1600 on top of the price that wasn’t that great a value.. definitely took me from all in on bronco to only 50% in

Randy92Fox

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Half Cab, 7.3 Powerstroke, 5.0 Convertible Fox
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah telli def could use a better engine. I was in on a base 4dr bronco and thinking I’ll overpay a little bc it’s cool. Once they took off the included auto, it really put a sour taste in my mouth. Like you think I’m gonna pay 1600 on top of the price that wasn’t that great a value.. definitely took me from all in on bronco to only 50% in
Gotcha! I'm all in on the manual so no change for me in that regards but if I was getting an auto I'd 100% get the 2.7.

FTFRS

I'm okay with the electronic safety stuff not being forced on us, because I don't care for pretty much any of them, and therefore I'm glad I won't need to pay for them, at least necessarily...

However, I'm still kinda frustrated with how things are packaged overall, because there isn't one set trim and package that is perfect for me. Probably designed that way to try and make me upgrade as much as possible, but I'm really gonna need B&P to make my decision.

My reservation was for a BL, and originally I was planning on adding the 2.7, Squatch, and Luxe. Luxe mostly because I like the 12" screen from High and then the B&O sound system, extra USB ports, and wireless charging from Luxe; as stated I don't care for the safety stuff thrown in those packages, but I would deal with them to get those other things that I do want. But, then I saw that the BL GOAT modes don't include Sport mode, which is disappointing, because I definitely want that for daily driving, which my Bronco will be first and foremost.

So, that has me rethinking things. Do I go WT with Luxe so that I have Sport mode? I was looking forward to the rubberized interior/vinyl seats, and I think that WT is slightly overpriced for what you get compared to BL. Do I go BD/2.7/Squatch because that has Sport mode and the rubberized interior/vinyl seats, but then only have Mid package available to me? That is probably the route I'll end up going, which will save me money, but I really would like the B&O sound system at a minimum.

So, I'm hoping B&P has some surprises when it drops. If I can add just the B&O sound system by itself to BD/2.7/Squatch, then my decision will be pretty easy. Or, does anybody know with similar drive mode selection systems from Ford, can you make a "custom" drive mode, where I could essentially configure a Sport drive mode if I stuck with BL? Because then I wouldn't hesitate to go with my original plan of BL/2.7/Squatch/Luxe. Who knows.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ive started looking at the telluride. While not nearly as off road capable. For under 40k it’s pretty much loaded with tech, safety, luxury interior and 10yr warranty. 40k bronco gets you a base v6/auto with plastic looking interior , manual seats,30 inch tires and open diff, some switches maybe.

I get that the bronco has a removable top and has the cool factor. But 40k for a stripped suv isn’t a good deal bc it can drive over rocks. I am definitely on the fence of cool vs everything else.
If you are not going to use the off-road capability of the Bronco, then yes there are “better” SUV options that have a ton of tech, luxury, upmarket features at this price point.
You are paying for those, which is why those vehicles are at that price point.
With the Bronco (and Wrangler) you are paying for the Body on Frame, 4X4 system, suspension, drive modes, lock differential, robust steering and brake components, etc. None of that 4X4 tech is cheap. (It’s just different/hidden from view)
You just have to decide what type of tech is more important to you.
Good luck with the decision.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm okay with the safety features and sensors being optional because I don't have any of them on my current Jeep and don't miss them one bit. Although adaptive cruise would be nice for the 3 times a year I would use it. I completely understand why some people want it and the sensors for backing up and your blindspots, but they just aren't important to me.

Personally, a lot of the safety features that will come with whatever package I get, will end up being turned off. I am glad they are bundled into a lot of the packages because it will help resale, but if there was an independent "Safety Package" that included all of the extra safety related features and sensors, I probably wouldn't pay for it.

Sponsored

BroncoFanBoy

Base
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you are not going to use the off-road capability of the Bronco, then yes there are “better” SUV options that have a ton of tech, luxury, upmarket features at this price point.
You are paying for those, which is why those vehicles are at that price point.
With the Bronco (and Wrangler) you are paying for the Body on Frame, 4X4 system, suspension, drive modes, lock differential, robust steering and brake components, etc. None of that 4X4 tech is cheap. (It’s just different/hidden from view)
You just have to decide what type of tech is more important to you.
Good luck with the decision.
Yep and I am not saying tech and all that is neccessary. Just that for the price there are some very entry level features that should have been included and not making you model up then pay 1500, bc you end up paying 4000 to get some basic stuff. And also feel that even on the base model, if you are marketing this as a super cabal or 4x4 , things locking diffs should have been the standard or at least be a cheap option.

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am definitely out on a standard safety blanket. Put them all in a single package available for every model and it is a win for everyone. I am not a fan of many of the safety nannies and would prefer to get the upgraded stereo without them. If my choice follows the current understanding of available packages, then Mid/Squatch is as far as I will go on a Black Diamond over the Badlands I originally wanted.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a Kia Telluride. It's a nice vehicle for what it is. There is a lot of room for everyone and if you get the premium model you get one heck of a car. The only thing that annoys me are the stupid "safety" features that come with the vehicle.

Ive started looking at the telluride. While not nearly as off road capable. For under 40k it’s pretty much loaded with tech, safety, luxury interior and 10yr warranty. 40k bronco gets you a base v6/auto with plastic looking interior , manual seats,30 inch tires and open diff, some switches maybe.

I get that the bronco has a removable top and has the cool factor. But 40k for a stripped suv isn’t a good deal bc it can drive over rocks. I am definitely on the fence of cool vs everything else.

HobbyPro

Black Diamond
First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Telluride
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I’ll admit at this point I’m somewhat obsessed. The more time I spend on these forums the worse I get. As these models are coming off the assembly line I’m looking at them and sharing the pics with family who immediately start asking questions that bring up comparisons to my current vehicle. I’ve found myself far to often answering “well no that’s not standard” , and “that’s extra”, “that costs more”. For a vehicle that is going to cost me $50k for what is not the top of the line model I find it ridiculous that Ford is not including comfort and security features as standard rather than optional- as compared to that you would find on the F150. Granted this is a an off-road vehicle but still for a lot of us our daily driver. Anybody else frustrated? Come on Ford. I’m getting my BRONCO. But broken promises and most of the features I want being “available“ that should be included are quickly damping my enthusiasm.
Keep your stupid safety features away from my Bronco. I really want the automatic climate control and auto dimming mirror but those are included in the mid package. The mid package has the stupid safety features which I do not want in my vehicle. I expect my car to shift when I tell it to, stop only when I hit the brakes, and steer when I move the wheel. This is a Bronco not a damn Tesla.
Sponsored