Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wonder if sidewall flex, or lack there of, contributes to your poor experience with the Terra Grapplers? Since I don't run larger wheels, I'm just asking if that is a contributing factor?

I always run 17" wheels and tires for the better sidewall flex, compliance and comfort they give me. In fact, I've changed my two current cars from the factory 18" wheels to 17" wheels as I prefer the less bouncy ride they give.
Exactly my thoughts, I plan on trading the 20's out on the vehicle I have now for 17's/18's when I need to replace tires.
Sponsored

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had one set of Terra Grapplers that I could not wait to replace, one of the worst tires I've ever owned and I only ran them in the summer. Few times I got caught in snow/ice they were like racing slicks (from new). The G2 wasn't any better, lets hope they did something different with these.
suit yourself, I've had 4 sets of various Nittos and never had that problem - only positive experiences on my end.

guest001

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if sidewall flex, or lack there of, contributes to your poor experience with the Terra Grapplers? Since I don't run larger wheels, I'm just asking if that is a contributing factor?

I always run 17" wheels and tires for the better sidewall flex, compliance and comfort they give me. In fact, I've changed my two current cars from the factory 18" wheels to 17" wheels as I prefer the less bouncy ride they give.
I am interested in changing the stock 18" wheels on OBX (if I ever get it) to 17" wheels. Did you have to do any modifications to change from 18 to 17? I've been trying to research it. Would like to hear from someone that has done it. Thanks.

Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I doubt it as the ride was fine, no complaints there. Noise, terrible traction on every surface from day 1 was my experience with the Terra Grappler. I run 275/50R22 Blizzak dm-V1 in the winter and they are fantastic. The new Toyo AT3's are even load range E which is overkill for the F150 but im very happy with them. It's worth noting the truck came factory with 22s and the (smaller) stock tires provided a good ride. I ran 17s (with blizzaks) one winter and noticed no difference in ride, but couldn't stand the look so I picked up another set of factory 22s for winter.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Agreed Terra grappler is hot dog shit. Terrible dry, worse wet/snow, noisy.

The ridge grappler is an excellent tire though. Hopefully this AT version is too.
Had G2's on my 2013 Sierra. 35", 6in lift, 18" wheels. Rode like a dream and are so far the best performing tires on/off road I've owned and I live in the Northeast. Them being noisy is probably the vehicle you had them on because they are dead silent compared to the Trail Grapplers I had before them. Not sure why there's so much hate on them.

jay-rod427

Badlands
First Name
Jerod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Carbonized gray 2 dr BadLands Sans-Squatch ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had G2's on my 2013 Sierra. 35", 6in lift, 18" wheels. Rode like a dream and are so far the best performing tires on/off road I've owned and I live in the Northeast. Them being noisy is probably the vehicle you had them on because they are dead silent compared to the Trail Grapplers I had before them. Not sure why there's so much hate on them.
They were on a 2009 F150. Instantly as soon as I got on the highway with them brand new immediately noticed how much noisier they were.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you. What about the blue lip bolts? I don't see them on the Method website. They look great.
I painted them velocity blue to match the truck along with the center cap letter and gloss black. They are the standard zinc bolts

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am interested in changing the stock 18" wheels on OBX (if I ever get it) to 17" wheels. Did you have to do any modifications to change from 18 to 17? I've been trying to research it. Would like to hear from someone that has done it. Thanks.
No mods whatsoever, on my 2017 Sorento I bought 17" aftermarket wheels known to fit from tiretrack.com. Then I bought the same size tires that were standard on a lower trim Sorento.

On my 2018 Forester I bought factory wheels from a lower trim model and used the same size tires that were standard on that lower trim.

No mods, no problems and it gets aligned to known factory settings, I just tell the service center to look up the matching trim with the 17" wheels/tires.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They were on a 2009 F150. Instantly as soon as I got on the highway with them brand new immediately noticed how much noisier they were.
Mine was a stock 2011 F-150 with 30k miles on it when I got them, I expected some noise increase, but since I swap tires half the year it was really noticeable right after swapping them sping/fall and just got worse as they wore. I've had mud tires (Cooper STT) that didn't howl as loud as the Terra Grapplers.

BiggieStallz

Wildtrak
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I painted them velocity blue to match the truck along with the center cap letter and gloss black. They are the standard zinc bolts
Thanks for sharing that. I hope to get. velo blue rig one day and those wheels realy caught my eyes.

ATLBronco75

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me just throw a wrench in here. You look at the Toyo A/T IIIs? I’m predicting they will be the aftermarket A/T tire for Bronco. Modern rubber compound and C weight rating.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Let me just throw a wrench in here. You look at the Toyo A/T IIIs? I’m predicting they will be the aftermarket A/T tire for Bronco. Modern rubber compound and C weight rating.
Nice, I wonder if the Nitto Recon Grappler A/T's will come in C or S/L?
Sponsored