Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 King Ranch F150 Supercrew.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered and received a set of 5 Ridge Grapplers to replace these gravel/rock magnets ford decided to put on the Sasquatch Broncos. I have less than 150 miles on my bronco and already have paint knicks on both doors. The Goodyear Territory is a terrible tire for gravel roads. I live 1 mile off blacktop and drive 20 mph to pavement. Once on the highway, the gravel and rock flinging begins! I’ve own Ridge Grapplers on my last two trucks and absolutely love them. No rock flinging, smooth as glass at interstate speeds and very rarely do they need air added. The noise level is minimal despite the aggressive AT tread. I drive in all kinds of weather and have not experienced the issues some have on this thread. I’ll be getting them installed on my BadSquatch tm morning. Can’t wait to lose the GY’s.
Sponsored

Knownman

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was considering the Nittos but ultimately went with Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T. 35x12.5x17.

Really satisfied. They hardly ever throw up rocks. They are really good in wet conditions and in the snow. Recently 500+ miles thought the snow. They are slightly louder then the stock tires but I mostly don't notice it. And the bonus over the Nittos is they have the 3 peaks rating and come with a mileage warranty.
I too bought a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss in the same size. They are a night and day difference in the rock throwing category. I drive the same 1.4 mile gravel road for my archery on weekends and now with the MT and no mud flaps on at all I get maybe one or two hits that I can hear in the cabin. And those are hitting the inner fender wells. I'm also able to drive at twice the speed I could on the Good Year Territory tires. With the GY I had to have full mud flaps on and the truck would get hit every 20 to 30 seconds! And many of those hits were on the doors or rockers. No joking at all on that. And when I would get home after the 1 mile of paved roads I would take a screwdriver to pry out all the gravel left in the treads and would pull literally two handfuls of gravel from the four tires. Every time I drove that same road.

Public service notice, Don't drive behind another Good Year equipped Bronco for you will end up with a cracked windscreen. It's only a matter of when it will happen.

MT for the win! Good Years are unbelievably poor in this category.

BTW the MT's are really aggressive tires yet they're not bad regarding noise. Maybe just a little bit louder than the GoodYears but very manageable and the fuel mileage did drop but only by about .4 MPG. Not bad considering the added weight of the tire. They are however smooth aside from at slow paces because of the wide valleys in the tread you can feel that a bit. But at speed and especially on highway they are really smooth and responsive and balanced perfectly as compared to the Nittos which are horrible at speeds over 60 mph.

Last edited:

Mikerider

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, Ranger, Mustang, Focus, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am running ridge grapplers on my Raptor. man am I not impressed, they have terrible traction when it gets wet in the slightest. they look cool. but I wont buy them again, have had much better luck with other tire options.

NC_Overland

Big Bend
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I've had, KM2s and Duratracs on a JK Wrangler, Duratracs and Wildpeak AT3/Ws on two ram 1500s, Terra Grapplers on a ram 2500, and KO2s on an f150. Now 37 Ridge Grapplers on the Bronco. They are the best tire I've used by far for everything. Only thing I haven't tried is deep, deep mud. For everything else they blow away the other tires I've ran.

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have the Ridge Grapplers on my Excursion and they are quiet; the ride is great, and they track a lot better than the Michelins I took off, so when I ordered my Bronco I was already planning on them down the road but after the rock throwing started, I decided to get them at 400 miles, I love the way they ride wet/dry on/off road and yes, they are quiet and track perfectly too, I had a choice of 315/75R17's or the 35X12.50/R17's that I choose and I am glad I went with the 35's because there is a size difference for sure and no more rocks.
On my jeep I have Fuel Gripper M/T 35X13.50/R20's (I know mall crawler look) they are loud, but I don't care because the exhaust and stereo are loud too, but they don't track nearly as well as the Nitto's and with my 40+ years of on/off road tire experience I am so glad I went with the Nitto Ridge Grapplers on my Bronco!

IMG_0595.JPG

IMG_0608.JPG
What offset are you running on the Bronco Wheels? I am assuming +0mm. Have you lifted your Bronco and how much and was it a Sasquatch prior to this? I like the look of your Bronco and my goal was to use the same tires in the same size while getting the Icon 3inch lift kit. My only issue is I don’t know if the 35s will look weird if I lift it an additional 3 inches or maybe I should go with 37s.

KRAKEN

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 DOOR BRONCO, 2014 F150 XLT, 2006 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I replaced the stock Scratchcrotch Good Year gravel slingers with 35" Ridge Grapplers at about 150 miles. I like the tires a lot, they drive good around town, on the highway, & off road. I haven't noticed any problems in the rain, but the Bronco is not my daily driver. Getting 19.2 MPG driving mostly highway/interstate with the 2.7 in Normal Mode and cruising 70-75 MPH. The Ridge Grapplers look good, but as stated they are very heavy.

20240227_092526.png
Sponsored