Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I have narrowed down tire swap out to either Nitto Ridge Grappler or BFG KO2 on my Big Bend , dealer will swap out at time of pickup and give me credit for Ford factory tires, looking at 285-70-17....I had BFGs on my 94 bronco and liked them, but like the more aggressive look of the Nitto, nitto are 40k vs BFG 50k miles rating, any experience pros or cons with either?, nitto seems a little cheaper by $20 or so per tire, any news on grappler availability as some have posted they may be back ordered?

Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 AA890EB1-BDDC-4AA9-9EF9-915523878555
Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 C7779B98-0E0A-468F-808B-8581C0C0947A
Sponsored

Last edited:

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Nitto TG's are a popular replacement in the Raptor world. The only negative I hear is that they are heavy and slightly louder than the BFG's.

Reactions: Jb7

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, the Nitto's are newer tech, but the BFG's are long tenured and proven. Hard to go wrong here IMO.

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I've run the Ridge Grappler, E load, for several years on my Nissans. They are fantastic off road. Phenomenal grip on the rocks. I've never really noticed much road noise from them. They do decent in the wet and acceptable in icy conditions, considering they're a hybrid off road tire.

The KO2s are popular but I know plenty of people who can't stand them, so I've never even looked at them.

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My dad ran the Nittos on his 2014 F150 and actually got almost 60k miles out of em before they weren't good in light mud on the farm. He's had good luck out of two sets of them.

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ive run the BFG KO2s on my raptor for a long time and KOs before that. Im not impressed with them, I usually get 30k miles out of them all street use with 3k mile rotations. The past couple of sets have had extreme vibrations on the highway which is very annoying even after rebalancing. My current set has some extreme offroad use including lot of jumps, high speed offroad driving, offroad drifting, etc. They are almost done with life after 15k miles, the tires have chunks missing out of them because they are soft like butter. I picked up a set of Ridge grapplers for my tremor last year and they are awesome. The Ridge grapplers have a more modern, aggressive look and better performance, especially in the long term. I beat on the nittos all the time but still look great after 18k miles, they probably had a little more than half life left in them and that's with burnouts, launches, offroad use from 1,050 lb-ft of torque. The only downside going from BFG to nitto is weight and noise (which isnt bad)however the nittos run slightly larger. I recently joined the nitto pit crew and they sent me out a free set of Recon grappler A/Ts which will be revealed today at noon. I've been running them for a couple of weeks and they are awesome. However they seem to be focusing in on 20"+ sizes for now. I got the 18" early. I personally think the Recons would be the perfect choice for the bronco so hopefully they make 17" an option soon.

DANGL3

Outer Banks
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4d
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've been a loyal Nitto fanboy for the last 8 years. Fantastic tires (Toyo is identical and from same factory if you don't like the sidewall designs). I've had Trail Grapplers and Terra Grappler G2's. I've had both bend a nail instead of being penetrated when driving over it.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I like my ridge grapplers. They don’t seem noisy to me, but I’m not a very finicky person.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m on my 2nd set of ridge grapplers on an F350. Good in the mud, road noise is minimal and the first set lasted 50k (no bad for a 7500lb 4wd diesel). I ordered the Sasquatch package but plan on ridge grapplers when the GYs wear out.

Sponsored

Apples

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR, 2004 Lexus GX470
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
However they seem to be focusing in on 20"+ sizes for now. I got the 18" early. I personally think the Recons would be the perfect choice for the bronco so hopefully they make 17" an option soon.
This is how they rolled the Ridge Grapplers when they came out too. If the Recons are the same, it will probably be a year but 17" should eventually be an option.

Understandable if you can't talk about it, but are the Recons a hybrid tire like the Ridges?

Edit: Discount Tire already has the product page with description up for these. They are the successor to the Terra Grappler. Nice looking tire but I'll stick with the more aggressive Ridges.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-recon-grappler

Last edited:

DebbieEF

Black Diamond
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang and F250 SD truck
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I have narrowed down tire swap out to either Nitto Ridge Grappler or BFG KO2 on my Big Bend , dealer will swap out at time of pickup and give me credit for Ford factory tires, looking at 285-70-17....I had BFGs on my 94 bronco and liked them, but like the more aggressive look of the Nitto, nitto are 40k vs BFG 50k miles rating, any experience pros or cons with either?, nitto seems a little cheaper by $20 or so per tire, any news on grappler availability as some have posted they may be back ordered?

Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 C7779B98-0E0A-468F-808B-8581C0C0947A
I love the BFG K02 tires in the size you note. That is what I want on my Black Diamond. I am on my second set of them on my 2006 F250SD diesel 4 x 4 truck. The first set went 80k and performs well under all conditions (including 4WD).

VelocityBrew

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands, 20 Passport, 16 1190 Adventure
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ive run the BFG KO2s on my raptor for a long time and KOs before that. Im not impressed with them, I usually get 30k miles out of them all street use with 3k mile rotations. The past couple of sets have had extreme vibrations on the highway which is very annoying even after rebalancing. My current set has some extreme offroad use including lot of jumps, high speed offroad driving, offroad drifting, etc. They are almost done with life after 15k miles, the tires have chunks missing out of them because they are soft like butter. I picked up a set of Ridge grapplers for my tremor last year and they are awesome. The Ridge grapplers have a more modern, aggressive look and better performance, especially in the long term. I beat on the nittos all the time but still look great after 18k miles, they probably had a little more than half life left in them and that's with burnouts, launches, offroad use from 1,050 lb-ft of torque. The only downside going from BFG to nitto is weight and noise (which isnt bad)however the nittos run slightly larger. I recently joined the nitto pit crew and they sent me out a free set of Recon grappler A/Ts which will be revealed today at noon. I've been running them for a couple of weeks and they are awesome. However they seem to be focusing in on 20"+ sizes for now. I got the 18" early. I personally think the Recons would be the perfect choice for the bronco so hopefully they make 17" an option soon.
What sets the Recon apart from the G2?

Raptor.Tremor.Bronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 Raptor, 2020 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is how they rolled the Ridge Grapplers when they came out too. If the Recons are the same, it will probably be a year but 17" should eventually be an option.

Understandable if you can't talk about it, but are the Recons a hybrid tire like the Ridges?

Edit: Discount Tire already has the product page with description up for these. They are the successor to the Terra Grappler. Nice looking tire but I'll stick with the more aggressive Ridges.

https://www.discounttire.com/buy-tires/nitto-recon-grappler
Don't be entirely fooled by the Recons, they are more aggressive in person than the pictures would have you believe