Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think I have narrowed down tire swap out to either Nitto Ridge Grappler or BFG KO2 on my Big Bend , dealer will swap out at time of pickup and give me credit for Ford factory tires, looking at 285-70-17....I had BFGs on my 94 bronco and liked them, but like the more aggressive look of the Nitto, nitto are 40k vs BFG 50k miles rating, any experience pros or cons with either?, nitto seems a little cheaper by $20 or so per tire, any news on grappler availability as some have posted they may be back ordered?

AA890EB1-BDDC-4AA9-9EF9-915523878555.png
C7779B98-0E0A-468F-808B-8581C0C0947A.png
That is not a ko2. All terrain ta.
Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I love my KO2s and I don't think the other tire tire looks more aggressive IMO. I think they are pretty quiet compared to other tires I literally hear driving by me on the road. I only notice road noise on brand, new pavement.

OP
OP
Jb7

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That is not a ko2. All terrain ta.
Well I appreciate your contribution, so I guess discount tire is using false advertisement?

Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 67848C44-0D14-489A-84C8-ABC8D28384B4

Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I don't know what you're looking at, but your original picture is an all terrain t/a. Look at the sidewall. I put 200k miles on them. I'd know them anywhere.

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of his pics are of the KO2, they resemble the TA KO because that is where the started and have evolved so tread pattern is very similar. But if you look closely at the sidewall you will se that they are the K02
KO below for reference.
Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 1623295950599

Stage 3 Motorsports

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 Door 2.7L Ecoboost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So how would you say those compare to Falken Wildpeak AT3W in 285/70/17 size, S/L load rating? I've read many good things about them. What is important for my needs, 95% daily driver, comfortable, quiet ride.
So that is actually one of the others that is on my list of tires that I like. I used to say they were a great cheaper alternative although prices have come more in line with some of the other choices lately.

But again these are a great all terrain with good looks, performance and wear quality, my personal choice in the AT category is still the ATIII but the falkens are in my top choices.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

So that is actually one of the others that is on my list of tires that I like. I used to say they were a great cheaper alternative although prices have come more in line with some of the other choices lately.

But again these are a great all terrain with good looks, performance and wear quality, my personal choice in the AT category is still the ATIII but the falkens are in my top choices.
Thanks, so what is your complete list of top choices?

Also, how would you rate the noise and comfort level between the Toyo Open County ATIII and the Falken Wildpeak AT3W?

Last edited:

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honestly, it's pretty hard for me to consider Chinese tires when there are plenty of US made tires just as good, if not better. If we didn't depend on China for so much of our crap as it is, Ford probably could have already built our Broncos.

Sponsored

SnowBronco

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've had 33" Toyo Open Country CT on my ranger for about a year now. They've worn good and ride great. No crazy road noise. Grip well if you air them down a bit in the rain. To about 30psi. I'll be putting them on my bronco this summer as well.
Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 PSX_20210401_200543

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We have two Gladiators one with 17's and 35in TrailGrapplers and the other set is 20's on 37in tires. My father and I love these tires on our Gladiators. Once my Wildtrak come in I will prolly stick with the factory tires for the first go around unless I really dislike them. they will already be 35's and my truck with the 20's and 37in tires is quite a bit all over the road and I am looking for a more comfortable ride... These Nitto's are by far my favorite tires!

Ford Bronco Nitto ridge grappler vs BFG KO2 PSX_20210401_200543
Thanks for the reply!
With all this waiting around "forever"! waiting for these damn Broncos, I have changed my tire and wheel choice at least 72 times!!! LOL!!!
The main 2 reasons I still like the BFGs is the classic look, and forever miles. But the Balance issues I totally am sick of!!! It sounds like the Nitto RGs are the all around best for most situations. To be honest, I was a little leary because every Jeep/F250 With R.G.'S I have seen has been clean rigs with 20+ inch rims that "appear" to never have seen dirt. Around where I live anyway! I usually see rich kids in there 20-30s. with these rigs, So I didnt know how they actually do off road? but I really like the looks, and I have not seen one review online about balance issues, so I am sold!!!

~Rick Nor-Cal Sac-Roseville
BTW.
is pronounced Neeto? or Nih-toe?

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
(My personal opinion)

The BFG ko/ko2 are one of the most overrated tires. Being in the business for years I cant help but roll my eyes when people used to ask for them in the shop setting, but its one of those things that are popular for so long that people just know the name. I there are way better options out there and since this thread is nitto/toyo I will keep my opinion to those as there are quite a few good tires out there these days.

Nitto Terra G2 - Least aggressive of all choices, absolutely smooth/quiet ride, have seen as much as 90,000 miles out of these always suggestion for the older crowd who want zero noise and long life.
Nitto Recon Grappler - no personal experience yet, but an updated more aggressive look as that was the biggest downfall of the G2 so i expect nothing but good things.
Nitto Ridge Grappler - Most aggressive looking tire without sacrificing ride, smooth, slightly noisier than the all terrain alternatives. Most see 40-60 depending on truck/use

Toyo Open Country ATII - was my previous favorite as it was one of the more aggressive looking all terrains, the ridge was incredible and would usually see 45-65 out of them.
Toyo Open Country ATIII - my current favorite choice for all around tire, more aggressive styling and still maintains smooth quiet ride.

Summary ATIII if you dont want such an aggressive tread (and definately in place of the KO@)ridge grappler if your looking for more aggressive.

Frank
I got stuck in my front yard in wet grass with KO2's in a two wheel drive truck. Never again.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I got stuck in my front yard in wet grass with KO2's in a two wheel drive truck. Never again.
Yeah, this is why my JKUR has an FJ Recovery Vehicle decal on the back: pulled my neighbor’s FJ Cruiser out of the mud twice. He was on KOs. I was on KMs the first time and Duratracs the second.
Sponsored