Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes, the Badland winch comes from Harbor Freight.
Yes, Harbor Freight sells cheap tools.
Yes, you should buy one in case you need to self rescue at the mall.

OR,
you could not buy one and just call your wife to rescue you with her Jeep. 😙
Thank you.
But in reference to that last comment, no winch or tow rope on/in Jeep. Guess I'm screwed. Though I do have a winch on my quad, probably only rated for a 1,000 pounds or so. 🤦‍♂️
Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I gotta ask, because the math just doesn't math out.

The Badlands winch. Is that the Badlands winch you can buy at Harbor Freight? I see you have one. Matt's Offroad Recovery uses one. And everyone always says Harbor Freight is junk.

Keep in mind, I doubt I'll ever need one cruising through a mall parking lot. I'm just asking for a friend (@Rob1135ny 😁 )
Yes its a Badlands from Harbor Freight. Not all of there stuff is junk. There are acrually a ton of reviews on it.
I think that the 'name brand' winches, while nice products, you are spending more for the name. Just my two cents....

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

On another note. Since i got her back from the shop, i put her on the lift becuse i want to add skid plate on the cross members so wanted to check it out. While under it I noticed a lot of dried mud. Decided to pull all of the skids of and wow.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20230729_112837
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20230729_113246
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20230729_113730

I then took a screw driver to knock off as much as i could which made this pile
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20230729_125255

Then took her out side and used the ryobi water broom spraying up. Lots came off.
I thought it would be good.
Put it back on the lift and nope still crap hidden every where!!
So screw it go the hose out and started spraying on the lift!!
Made a mess, especial on me but i bet i lost 100lbs of dirt weight!!! I think i got about 90%!!!!
No i am going to figure out to put a drain in the floor under the lift because i know this is not the last time i do this!!

Also found out i definitely need skids over the cross braces
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20230729_141524

And beat the bash plate back into shape!!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20230729_145636

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And here I thought you were giving me something new.

Still waiting for someone to answer my question about winches!!! 🤬
I was planing on HF Badland winch but chose ComeUp seal slim because the Badland is a bit big for the RC high mount (proximity sensor holders hit the winch body) and I wanted a more classic look.
Also the Badland control box is a bit big for underhood relocation. Members here have moved the control box internals into smaller project boxes that fit above the fuse box.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was planing on HF Badland winch but chose ComeUp seal slim because the Badland is a bit big for the RC high mount (proximity sensor holders hit the winch body) and I wanted a more classic look.
Also the Badland control box is a bit big for underhood relocation. Members here have moved the control box internals into smaller project boxes that fit above the fuse box.
The thing is I don't really feel like paying $300 for the Rough Country hidden mount (which I believe is only mount to work with standard bumper). Though last Christmas did get a new front bumper for wife's Jeep and every now and then think about getting a winch for it, especially since the Badlands ones are that expensive.

While all you "off-roaders" sit there and say "What for if you don't go off road?", well, I'm more of the practical sort of person. I would use a winch for yanking larger stumps and stuff like that. Tear some shit down if I need to. You know, fun stuff 😁

Sponsored

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The thing is I don't really feel like paying $300 for the Rough Country hidden mount (which I believe is only mount to work with standard bumper). Though last Christmas did get a new front bumper for wife's Jeep and every now and then think about getting a winch for it, especially since the Badlands ones are that expensive.

While all you "off-roaders" sit there and say "What for if you don't go off road?", well, I'm more of the practical sort of person. I would use a winch for yanking larger stumps and stuff like that. Tear some shit down if I need to. You know, fun stuff 😁
I agree, it is better to have and not need than to need and not have!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've never needed a winch but always wanted one.

Before getting the Bronco I was hoping for a nice, sleek looking hidden winch like you can get on the toyotas.

I don't like any of the hidden winch mounts. They cut into approach angle and/or they are too low and will be buried under water or mud when you need them.

I didn't like any of the winch bumper choices; the maxlider and 4wp are ok. I didn't really want to relocate the ACC sensor.
The best looking option was the Ford mod bumper plus RC high mount winch. I still need to relocate the control box for the look I want.

I haven't added any bumper mount reinforcement, so as it sits now it's strictly for aesthetic and emergency purposes. The Bronco bumper mount is insufficent for a hard recovery. Thanks Ford.

Looking at these to remove the crash bar/body mount for fitting 37's on Sasquatch wheels and supporting the bumper mounting plate.
https://lobooffroad.com/product/crash-bar-erase-brace-kit-bronco/
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1690728148560

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Man, got quiet in here. What did you guys do this time?

Btw, I added mud/ruts to my base... You know, in case I happen to drive over a curb at the mall and end up in some mud. 😁
Did you add 'Baja' too? I wonder how that will work on those damn Pine Barren whoop de doos..... I always hated those things.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Did you add 'Baja' too? I wonder how that will work on those damn Pine Barren whoop de doos..... I always hated those things.
Hell no, too many lights on dash after mud/rut. But seeing how they went away once I turned off then back on, I may try the tow mode again to see if that one takes. Unless you want to loan me your Bronco and we can just start changing shit until we make an ooops? 😁

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I keep forgetting, if anyone is looking for a JBL Soundbar, my brother in law is selling his. I believe he was asking $600 for it. Just let me know if anyone interested.

Edit: I don't know what they go for now, just remember what he was looking for a few months ago when he took it out. I assume it's the powered soundbar as it was something like $800 brand new.

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone else picking out the outfit they're going to wear when they go get their Bronco from the dealership?

Nobody? I'm the only odd one? Thats cool
Probably a concert tee from Pearl Jam’s 2023 tour.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_3271

Back in 2021 I made this joke, never really expecting to wait 1,107 days for my Bronco. I can look at this one of two ways. I was off by a year because I wore a tee from the 2022 tour. Or I was off by a month, because I’m seeing them in September.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_3271

Back in 2021 I made this joke, never really expecting to wait 1,107 days for my Bronco. I can look at this one of two ways. I was off by a year because I wore a tee from the 2022 tour. Or I was off by a month, because I’m seeing them in September.
About damn time you finally got it!
Wonder if we still have people from this group waiting... 2 years later.

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
About damn time you finally got it!
Wonder if we still have people from this group waiting... 2 years later.
I asked at Chapman yesterday and they said they’re still waiting on some day ones. I’m also curious about in the group here.

Bschurr

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Braptor / 2023 Heritage LE / 2016 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Gents - I got a call today from my dealer who has an abandoned Raptor. Cactus Grey, Lux, Carbon pack, leather at MSRP. Rig is at the dealership ready to go!

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 71337663687__B1017B91-75E3-4CA7-B4C1-176E10B89B1F

PM me for details & I will connect you directly

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD - SOLD
Sponsored

Last edited: