Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just when you think NJ can't piss you off even more you come up with the luxury/gas hog tax. Not to be confused with our rising gas tax IF we don't drive enough and use enough gas... God this state sucks... Anyways.. If either is met, yes there is a 0.4% tax.. Either 45k+ or fuel efficiency of less than 19 mpg.

SmartSelect_20201109-203013_Chrome.jpg

Welcome to NJ... IF it isn't taxed yet, we'll find a way! :mad::mad: I could go on, but I'm stopping there.
soooooooo true... tax sucks there so bad
Sponsored

cverde

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brewsterford.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi,
What is the process for MA?
Thank You
Since we can't issue a temp for MA residents we would have to coordinate delivery of the vehicle at an RMV location and apply for the registration while we're there. I think it has to do with them requiring the soon-to-be registered owner to be present at the time

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Since we can't issue a temp for MA residents we would have to coordinate delivery of the vehicle at an RMV location and apply for the registration while we're there. I think it has to do with them requiring the soon-to-be registered owner to be present at the time
You mean at a Mass location? I
Couldn’t I just bring my own plates down?
Thanks

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

*laughs in 8.3% sales tax* NY ain't much better lol
Don't worry, we got you beat in everything else... from property taxes to cigarette taxes, to whatever else there is (not including NYC though, cuz we know those taxes suck too). Oh and of course we can add this BS luxury tax to the mix ... smh... 45k, you'd think I just bought a Ferrari or something.. WTF

BTW, did Brian happen to tell you that by joining this forum you'd never leave? LOL

But seriously, it is good to be getting these answers direct from you, gives myself & @Johnny Mo a welcome break. So thank you for that.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just when you think NJ can't piss you off even more you come up with the luxury/gas hog tax. Not to be confused with our rising gas tax IF we don't drive enough and use enough gas... God this state sucks... Anyways.. If either is met, yes there is a 0.4% tax.. Either 45k+ or fuel efficiency of less than 19 mpg.

SmartSelect_20201109-203013_Chrome.jpg

Welcome to NJ... IF it isn't taxed yet, we'll find a way! :mad::mad: I could go on, but I'm stopping there.
Why we moved to PA and never looked back...

cverde

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brewsterford.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You mean at a Mass location? I
Couldn’t I just bring my own plates down?
Thanks
Yep it would have to be at a MA location. I'm not sure if there's a way around that or not, I've only ever done a handful of massachusetts sales. I'll check on that tomorrow though, I know MA does things differently so I don't want to speculate too hard and end up giving you bad info

cverde

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brewsterford.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't worry, we got you beat in everything else... from property taxes to cigarette taxes, to whatever else there is (not including NYC though, cuz we know those taxes suck too). Oh and of course we can add this BS luxury tax to the mix ... smh... 45k, you'd think I just bought a Ferrari or something.. WTF

BTW, did Brian happen to tell you that by joining this forum you'd never leave? LOL

But seriously, it is good to be getting these answers direct from you, gives myself & @Johnny Mo a welcome break. So thank you for that.
Lol I can't disagree too much with that, I have family in NJ and I hear about it all the time. And you're absolutely right on not being able to leave haha, I swear for a solid 90% of the day I had the forum up on my other screen

I'm glad I'm able to help! I'm sure you guys have plenty on your plate, even aside from this so I figured having someone on our end step in to take some of the load off was a good idea

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Out of curiosity, do you have an estimate on the registration cost for NJ and PA?
In NJ vehicles less than 2 years old and over 3,500 lbs are $84/yr, title with lien is $85, new vehicles must pay 4 years registration upfront.
4 x $84 = $336
$336 + $85 = $421

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

In NJ vehicles less than 2 years old and over 3,500 lbs are $84/yr, title with lien is $85, new vehicles must pay 4 years registration upfront.
4 x $84 = $336
$336 + $85 = $421
What the hell happened to the days when I registered my old FSB's for like $48/year..fricken NJ decide to shove more up my A$$ when I wasn't looking. :mad:

Sponsored
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What the hell happened to the days when I registered my old FSB's for like $48/year..fricken NJ decide to shove more up my A$$ when I wasn't looking. :mad:
OMG I just looked it up. That number is correct.. Yet we dump MILLIONS of dollars into rat hole schools (yeah our Township schools get pennies compared to failing schools). Every tax collected is wasted..

OK I'm checking out for the night... NJ really pissing me off right now. Have a good night all.

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep it would have to be at a MA location. I'm not sure if there's a way around that or not, I've only ever done a handful of massachusetts sales. I'll check on that tomorrow though, I know MA does things differently so I don't want to speculate too hard and end up giving you bad info
When I worked at the dealer, if you were transferring MA tags, we’d let you drive off the lot so long as the car was insured and had the transferring plates on the new vehicle. Not sure if it was legal or not.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

4 x $84 = $336
$336 + $85 = $421
So we have to pay upfront a registration of 4 years? Is this fairly new? Like with the past couple years? I’ll have to take a look at my Tacoma paperwork from a couple years ago. What happens if you sell it within that time frame? Get a refund.... hahahahaha. Never mind, already know the answer to that. Ahhh, no

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
One point on the Brewster deal we may want to start transfers a bit before the 5th. Don’t want any Ford issues when 20~30!people are calling to switch at the same time to the same dealer... just thinking out loud here with all the crazy things (looking at you xplan!!!) that have happened

Getting closer guys!!!!

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1604978078650

Harv83

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So we have to pay upfront a registration of 4 years? Is this fairly new? Like with the past couple years? I’ll have to take a look at my Tacoma paperwork from a couple years ago. What happens if you sell it within that time frame? Get a refund.... hahahahaha. Never mind, already know the answer to that. Ahhh, no
We bought our Acadia in 2015 and had the 4 year thing then. I’d have to dig out the paperwork to see if I had to pay $84/yr for all 4 years. According to the NJMVC fee schedule it should be $84 for the first 2 years and $71.50 for the next 2, but we all know how that goes.
Sponsored