Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

TwinTurboStang

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brodiak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

or more expensive cause they will try to make more money based on the popularity of the bronco.
Doesnt go that way. I make parts in the watercraft market and I was able to get one of the first 50 slingshots when they came out. Make the parts that people want at a good price and sell as many as you can before china copies you.
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Heading to Fred Beans Doylestown for the 11 am preview! Most of my questions have already been answered by 6g. Just want to know what it's like to sit in one, how it feels, controls, door and tail open/close, etc.
Real curious how the size compares to my XJ Cherokee and 91 F150.... should be somewhere in between.
Has anyone asked about wind buffeting with the windows down? My XJ gets annoying.
Kinda chilly out there, good day for flannel.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Take my money!:LOL:

On an unrelated note, it's Bronco day for me! Heading over to my dealer at 1 to check it out. Exciting to finally see one in the flesh (metal?)
Heading to Fred Beans Doylestown for the 11 am preview! Most of my questions have already been answered by 6g. Just want to know what it's like to sit in one, how it feels, controls, door and tail open/close, etc.
Real curious how the size compares to my XJ Cherokee and 91 F150.... should be somewhere in between.
Has anyone asked about wind buffeting with the windows down? My XJ gets annoying.
Kinda chilly out there, good day for flannel.

Can one of you guys try to find out what the difference is between stock suspension and squatch? I seen some post around here that did show the 1/2" difference between Squatch and Badlands..

If you don't, no big deal. I have an appointment for Koch tomorrow (if I feel like making the drive), or one at Flemington (Ditschman Ford) on Wednesday. So I can always ask myself if need be.

So enjoy your trips, and let us know what you think.

Sponsored
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Welcome back I guess? @EvlNvrDys You here for a good time or for a long time?
I don't know yet, the day is still young, we'll see how things go 🤷‍♂️ Probably have 20 reports against me already 🤦‍♂️

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't know yet, the day is still young, we'll see how things go 🤷‍♂️ Probably have 20 reports against me already 🤦‍♂️
Don't you have a Bronco to go gawk at, inspect in an unlawful manner, poke and prod ad nauseam and report back to other people's questions today? 👽

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Don't you have a Bronco to go gawk at, inspect in an unlawful manner, poke and prod ad nauseam and report back to other people's questions today? 👽
Not me.. I got tomorrow (probably skip), and then on Wednesday.

You don't want my opinion, I'm a Bronco guy from the start, so most everything will be just fine to me. The 2 important things (V8, tailgate) we already know are a no go. So it's just the suspension at this point. And I can compare it to the wife's Jeep (which we all know how I feel about them 🤮)

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Not me.. I got tomorrow (probably skip), and then on Wednesday.

You don't want my opinion, I'm a Bronco guy from the start, so most everything will be just fine to me. The 2 important things (V8, tailgate) we already know are a no go. So it's just the suspension at this point. And I can compare it to the wife's Jeep (which we all know how I feel about them 🤮)
So to boil that all down - you're slacking off. Fair enough. 😂

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Drove 2.5hrs to go see the broncos at Fred bean ford and only stayed 9 minutes.

They were, ehh.

It's fine. I was maybe too hyped for this vehicle. They tried to do too much with the interior and should kept it simpler.

I don't know. Part of me thinks(hopes) when I see my spec I'll be wow'ed but right now a gladiator is looking really good.

Last edited:
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Drove 2.5hrs to go see the broncos at Fred bean ford and only stayed 9 minutes.

They were, ehh.

It's fine. I was maybe too hyped for this vehicle. They tried to do too much with the interior and should kept it simpler.

I don't know. Part of me thinks(hopes) when I see my spec I'll be wow'ed but right now a gladiator is looking really good.
Did you at least yell at someone while there? Make it worth the trip?

I'm not expecting much being as it is the same size as a Wrangler (yes, I'm disappointed in Ford on that one). But I've waited long enough, so it'll have to do.

I think you should at least wait to be able to drive one. I'm not a fan of driving the wife's Jeep. One can only hope this thing handles way better.

Oh, and did you get any of our questions answered? WTF man?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, that was cool! Only a handfull of people at the Beans preview, maybe a dozen. First impression was they are big, more like my 91 F-150. And a good 6-8" taller than my XJ Cherokee. Inside is a nice size, in-between the two I mentioned.
I did measure the suspension height between the BD Squatch and Badlands. From the center of the Front wheel to the inside fender edge where the flare attaches, it's 25-1/4" on the Black Diamond (both sides) and the Badlands was 24-1/4" on one side, 23-3/4" on the other side..... so 1" to 1-1/2" taller for the Squatch.
EDIT: checked the rear heights too, BD Squatch was 25-1/2" and 26-1/2", BL was 24-1/4" and 25". So again the Squatched BD was about 1-1-1/2" higher than the BL. BTW, I'm not up on the Badlands specs. The Ford rep said it had Bilsteins so the susp isn't the same as the Base/BB models.
Spoke to the reps, there is no wind buffeting with windows down. She drove the manual 2.3 and loved it. Said the Squatch suspension is different on the highway but didn't specify... my friend asked 'truck-like?' and she responded yes.
MGV is okay, don't wipe it down with disinfectant, it stains..... as do most other interior surfaces..... must be the alcohol? Even the metal bumpers were stained/streaked from the wipedowns.
Seats feel great. Up/down adjustment works well. Have to raise seat up if you want to see the front edge of hood over the dash, but that is more comfortable anyway, I don't like to sit too low.
The tailgate shock is weird.... it dampens the opening/closing, the mid stop isn't real positive. Hope it holds up against wind gusts.
Engine doesn't look as complicated in person vs pics. Easy to see valve covers, intake manifold, turbos, etc. The front inner fenders are a weird material.... like stiff felt.
Getting in/out is fine. I'm 5'10" friend is 5'6", she could get in/out no problem. We both have BaseSquatch's ordered, delivery still a year away.
Overall, very impressed with it! Gonna be a long wait till I get mine tho.
Just one pic....to prove I was there:

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1619457010109

Last edited:

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Oh, and did you get any of our questions answered? WTF man?
What questions? I'm gonna stop in again on my way to work.
Sponsored