Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I know it's front page, but in case you miss it. Almost tempted to remove tow package, but maybe everyone else will instead.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tage-and-deadly-6-are-now-the-deadly-4.16264/

"More consumers have opted for fully loaded and more powerful Broncos than anticipated."

And this is why I/we continue to blame Ford. It's almost hard to believe since all they had to do was send a survey (which they did) to reservation holders. We've been here for a year now.
Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The priority thing is really gross. Its why people dont trust car dealers and why things like carvana are so popular
Pretty much. I will probably sell my current car to Carvana since they offer more than the dealer. Dealers keep going with treating their customers like shit people will just keep shopping online for their cars. No need to annoying salesman.
I know it's front page, but in case you miss it. Almost tempted to remove tow package, but maybe everyone else will instead.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...tage-and-deadly-6-are-now-the-deadly-4.16264/

"More consumers have opted for fully loaded and more powerful Broncos than anticipated."

And this is why I/we continue to blame Ford. It's almost hard to believe since all they had to do was send a survey (which they did) to reservation holders. We've been here for a year now.
Wonder if it's the 2 door hardtop or 4 door? Probably both. I still have have Sasquatch and 2.7. Glad to see 2 door isn't on the list anymore, but then again now it's the hardtop

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty much. I will probably sell my current car to Carvana since they offer more than the dealer. Dealers keep going with treating their customers like shit people will just keep shopping online for their cars. No need to annoying salesman.

Wonder if it's the 2 door hardtop or 4 door? Probably both. I still have have Sasquatch and 2.7. Glad to see 2 door isn't on the list anymore, but then again now it's the hardtop
The quote form BN mentioned the manufacturer of (the only available) hard top, so I think that goes for 2-doors, as well.
I go back to the question someone asked earlier, what exactly is in the tow package? I know the hard top comes with wiring for the rear wiper, defroster, and washer. I wonder how they wire the tow package?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The quote form BN mentioned the manufacturer of (the only available) hard top, so I think that goes for 2-doors, as well.
I go back to the question someone asked earlier, what exactly is in the tow package? I know the hard top comes with wiring for the rear wiper, defroster, and washer. I wonder how they wire the tow package?
Was hoping the MIC hardtop wasn't an issue. I am sure in a week will find out something else is a constraint while something we thought was isn't any longer. I never thought the tow package would be an issue though. I get covid is still an issue, but it just seems like Ford has no idea what they are doing with this release. Feel like even without covid they would have screwed this up. So sad considering Ford is such an old company yet act like they are new to the automotive industry. Maybe they should focus on getting their cars and trucks out there to there to the customer and care less about the ridiculous bonuses the higher ups get.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was hoping the MIC hardtop wasn't an issue. I am sure in a week will find out something else is a constraint while something we thought was isn't any longer. I never thought the tow package would be an issue though. I get covid is still an issue, but it just seems like Ford has no idea what they are doing with this release. Feel like even without covid they would have screwed this up. So sad considering Ford is such an old company yet act like they are new to the automotive industry. Maybe they should focus on getting their cars and trucks out there to there to the customer and care less about the ridiculous bonuses the higher ups get.
Yeah, chasing constraints is probably not worth it. There was a section in the post about securing more sasquatch parts and building as soon as they get them. If true, that CAFE constraint may be false or not in play here. I do hope they don't add any 'artificial' constraints and truly build what they can when the parts come in.
I think this was a botched launch. I'm trying to keep my judgement until they're running at full capacity. Hopefully this be nothing but minor initial build issues once August rolls around.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah, chasing constraints is probably not worth it. There was a section in the post about securing more sasquatch parts and building as soon as they get them. If true, that CAFE constraint may be false or not in play here. I do hope they don't add any 'artificial' constraints and truly build what they can when the parts come in.
I think this was a botched launch. I'm trying to keep my judgement until they're running at full capacity. Hopefully this be nothing but minor initial build issues once August rolls around.
I am hoping it is initial issues too and they will get their shit together. The more time Ford gives me to save money the higher the chance I will get a 2 door defender 😅

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ok Merc, you posted too much so I'm not gonna quote them all.

From what I've seen, tow package includes receiver and wiring harness.... That's it, nothing else. And yes, I dropped it fr my build, I'll be able to do the same shit aftermarket for a fraction of the price.

I've hear many different things about the Squatch package. One be C. A. F. E. requirements, but a dealership guy I talk to a lot, heard the Squatch wheels were the shortage. So I guess it's all about who you talk to.

Unlike you guys, I'm a Ford guy, and a Bronco guy. I've waited 20+ years for this return and no matter what I'll wait to get it (only thing that could've stopped me is if this thing was butt ass ugly and didn't link at all to the Bronco). But at the same time, I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, Ford fucked up the launch and still can't get their shit right.

Edit: forgot to add, we shouldn't chase builds, cuz we have no clue what's going to be an issue going forward. For me it was easy, I didn't like the cost of the Squatch package, or the tires either. I didn't need it, I'll rock wheels and tires I like.
I also dropped tow package because I was told it's being a major consteaint, and again, saving money by removing it. But everyone should build how they like, don't compromise if it'll make you unhappy. This thing too expensive to not be happy with it.

Last edited:

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

From what I've seen, tow package includes receiver and wiring harness.... That's it, nothing else. And yes, I dropped it fr my build, I'll be able to do the same shit aftermarket for a fraction of the price.

I've hear many different things about the Squatch package. One be C. A. F. E. requirements, but a dealership guy I talk to a lot, heard the Squatch wheels were the shortage. So I guess it's all about who you talk to.

Unlike you guys, I'm a Ford guy, and a Bronco guy. I've waited 20+ years for this return and no matter what I'll wait to get it (only thing that could've stopped me is if this thing was butt ass ugly and didn't link at all to the Bronco). But at the same time, I'll say it til I'm blue in the face, Ford fucked up the launch and still can't get their shit right.
I have heard the tire issue w/ the Sasquatch too. If Ford was smart they would have offered other tires from the beginning and not rely on a new tire. Hell, if it really is the tires then Ford should have been looking for other tires the instant they realized it was going to be a problem or at least give us the option for different tires now. Wish I was at one of their board meetings just to go around the table saying.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Figure they are planning to use these for test drives. Keep it as simple as possible for the average idiot... you know... kinda like, what can we build that @Bronc-OH can handle without wrecking it 😁
Hey easy there. I'm not the mustang owner ;) I leave crashing to you professionals.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
When they say Hard Top, are they referring to the MIC? or the Mod Hard Top? Or does it not matter, and it's both?

As this entire time I thought the delay has been with the MOD tops, and MIC were ok? (I just remember debating if the MOD was worth the wait, and decided I actually like the MIC look better, and not worth the wait)

I mean, whatever, who cares at this point. Guess I'll just wait till when I get my email to see when I'll get my Bronco. But my expectations have gone way down. Was hopeful for August, probably more a Oct/Nov...

sad.

Sponsored

niknailor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey, if anything my build got more likely by the sounds of things. 2.3 liter, manual, non-Sas, 2 door, no tow package with the hard top!

Oh wait, one of those things is still a "deadly feature," isn't it? :ROFLMAO:

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
When they say Hard Top, are they referring to the MIC? or the Mod Hard Top? Or does it not matter, and it's both?

As this entire time I thought the delay has been with the MOD tops, and MIC were ok? (I just remember debating if the MOD was worth the wait, and decided I actually like the MIC look better, and not worth the wait)

I mean, whatever, who cares at this point. Guess I'll just wait till when I get my email to see when I'll get my Bronco. But my expectations have gone way down. Was hopeful for August, probably more a Oct/Nov...

sad.
MIC is possible delay.

MOD is pushed to 22.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Edit: forgot to add, we shouldn't chase builds, cuz we have no clue what's going to be an issue going forward. For me it was easy, I didn't like the cost of the Squatch package, or the tires either. I didn't need it, I'll rock wheels and tires I like.
I also dropped tow package because I was told it's being a major consteaint, and again, saving money by removing it. But everyone should build how they like, don't compromise if it'll make you unhappy. This thing too expensive to not be happy with it.
RE: chasing builds
The hard part for me is I'm already prepared to fix the constraints built into the trim package. All black interior was a big disappointment for me. I was hoping for some nice brown leather to go with the rapid red exterior. I was hoping I could get electric seats with the washout interior. I was hoping there'd be paddle shifters available. I'm prepared to change all that out with custom aftermarket options to make it how I want it.

Roof: what keeps me MIC and not soft top is I've never been a fan of convertibles. I don't like the idea of only cloth above my head (hail, city driving). The few times I've been in a soft top, admittedly a long time ago, I found them noisy and uncomfortable on long trips.
But, the idea of just folding down the top on those nice days and enjoying the sun, not messing with panels, some which 'don't fit' in the trunk, feels so good...

Tow: this is strictly a 'I may need it sometime in the future' option. I have no plans for a trailer, but maybe? An additional recovery point is nice to have. I'm sure I'll end up never using or needing it.

Bottom line is, how much sooner would I get it if I dropped an option? I'm not dropping Sasquatch or Lux. If I drop just towing, would that get me in a month earlier? Towing + MIC would get me 2 months earlier? It sounds like Ford is leaning on their suppliers. They've had orders placed since March. I think by September the constrained parts will start flowing and the builds will follow.
Of course, by then, the dealer allocation will be filled... hope there are some nice options for MY22! lol

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OK, this is why I wasn't keen on dropping the tow package. MY22 here I come!
(who knows if this is correct, but it does match up to my guess)

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1620134732327

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

OK, this is why I wasn't keen on dropping the tow package. MY22 here I come!
(who knows if this is correct, but it does match up to my guess)

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1620134732327
Who really needs to have a brake controller when towing 3500 pounds or less? I've seen people say that brakes come into play when towing off road (campers or whatever). But my guess is 90% of people who tow with the Bronco, won't be needing them. Therefor, I could care less about the brake controller.

So aftermarket will work just fine for me. Bolt the receiver up and splice some wires... done. Hardest part getting a receiver on the wife's Jeep, was getting my fat fingers up in there to get the nuts on. Everything else was a cake walk.
Sponsored