Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This could be great though, if they schedule it tomorrow you'll have the options you wanted.
Seems like it was just user error on WBDO. No such luck for preview.
Good news is, the MIC and Tow packages were dropped. I guess that's good news. We'll see if that made a difference. Lux could still be an issue, but I won't budge on that.
Hoping next week will be the week.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

See below..... money bags ;)

Exactly, I asked a dealer about Jeep hard tops and was told they run between $2,500 & $3,000.

And that's why I won't switch to a soft top. I've never liked them to begin with, especially in the winter, and I'm not about to drop another $3k on a top. I'd rather put that money into a lift later down the road.... you know, when gas drops to below $3/gallon 😞
That's $3k for the hard top, plus wiring. It might be cheaper to trade it in on a new one with the way prices are these days. That's my plan.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's great to see things picking up. However, it also means life is picking back up!

I'm starting to get into a situation here... as I've stated before, I sold my Saab back in Sept of 2020 preparing for my Bronco that I was getting in the Spring (doh).

Been working from home bc of the pandemic, but now my job is thinking about having people come back in starting in Sept. I take the train to work (Center City Philly), but still need to get to the train station in the morning. I really don't know what I should do here. At the rate I've been seeing things, no chance I get my car by Sept. I'm genuinely worried about getting it this year. I'm a 7/16 reservation, so early, but not that early, and a MIC top. But no other constraints.

things I've thought about:
  1. soft top - i really, really, really, really don't want a soft top. I just have zero interest in it. and as stated above, sure I could get a hard top later. But I'm not interested in dropping another $3k a months (maybe years?) down the road.
  2. beater - no thx. Also, if I buy a beater, with all the costs associated with that, I might as well go soft top and buy a hard top later. probably cost the same in the end.
  3. lease - I've thought about this. I could go lease the cheapest car I can lease for like a year? Do they do year long leases?
  4. buy out - could buy out my current leased tahoe, lease another tahoe for the wife and then just trade in the 2018 when I buy the Bronco. But who knows when I'll get my Bronco, and who knows if trade in rates will remain the same. If they do, this option could actually make me money... But I've been working with my sales guy for over a month now, and literally can't find any 2021 Tahoes.
  5. bike - haha. but in all seriousness, I considered it. I mountain bike regularly. but could pick up a road bike. It's just that the train station, while not far (5 miles), is not exactly in the most bike friendly area. some pretty major roads I'd have to take. and it adds on like 30mins to my commute. I already sit on the train for 1hr...
  6. uber - expensive. it'll add up. but maybe not as much as a beater? or hard top down the road???
  7. wife - ha! she is NOT a morning person... plus I don't trust my kids home alone yet. so it becomes a whole production to get them out the door in the morning. I can't even remember what train I took, but I think it was before 7. so no chance. plus she'll give me the, you sold your car, this is your problem to figure out line.
  8. another car - meh. nothing else really interests me. Land Rover's are nice, but so expensive. My wifes car is the 'Luxury' car. I just want something to get around in, maybe have some fun with. Maybe a Chevy Blazer. (before anyone goes into any car brand loyalty blah blah blah, my step dad is retired for GM, so his discount is just too good to pass up. If i'm buying anything, it's a GM. Unless something really stands out to me, ahemmm. Bronco.)
anyone else have any other ideas? open to all suggestions!

Today was our first 1 car conflict. I'm taking an Uber to my haircut appointment! haha.

Googz13

Base
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It's great to see things picking up. However, it also means life is picking back up!

I'm starting to get into a situation here... as I've stated before, I sold my Saab back in Sept of 2020 preparing for my Bronco that I was getting in the Spring (doh).

Been working from home bc of the pandemic, but now my job is thinking about having people come back in starting in Sept. I take the train to work (Center City Philly), but still need to get to the train station in the morning. I really don't know what I should do here. At the rate I've been seeing things, no chance I get my car by Sept. I'm genuinely worried about getting it this year. I'm a 7/16 reservation, so early, but not that early, and a MIC top. But no other constraints.

1. soft top - i really, really, really, really don't want a soft top. I just have zero interest in it. and as stated above, sure I could get a hard top later. But I'm not interested in dropping another $3k a months (maybe years?) down the road.
  2. beater - no thx. Also, if I buy a beater, with all the costs associated with that, I might as well go soft top and buy a hard top later. probably cost the same in the end.
  3. lease - I've thought about this. I could go lease the cheapest car I can lease for like a year? Do they do year long leases?
  4. buy out - could buy out my current leased tahoe, lease another tahoe for the wife and then just trade in the 2018 when I buy the Bronco. But who knows when I'll get my Bronco, and who knows if trade in rates will remain the same. If they do, this option could actually make me money... But I've been working with my sales guy for over a month now, and literally can't find any 2021 Tahoes.
  5. bike - haha. but in all seriousness, I considered it. I mountain bike regularly. but could pick up a road bike. It's just that the train station, while not far (5 miles), is not exactly in the most bike friendly area. some pretty major roads I'd have to take. and it adds on like 30mins to my commute. I already sit on the train for 1hr...
  6. uber - expensive. it'll add up. but maybe not as much as a beater? or hard top down the road???
  7. wife - ha! she is NOT a morning person... plus I don't trust my kids home alone yet. so it becomes a whole production to get them out the door in the morning. I can't even remember what train I took, but I think it was before 7. so no chance. plus she'll give me the, you sold your car, this is your problem to figure out line.
  8. another car - meh. nothing else really interests me. Land Rover's are nice, but so expensive. My wifes car is the 'Luxury' car. I just want something to get around in, maybe have some fun with. Maybe a Chevy Blazer. (before anyone goes into any car brand loyalty blah blah blah, my step dad is retired for GM, so his discount is just too good to pass up. If i'm buying anything, it's a GM. Unless something really stands out to me, ahemmm. Bronco.)

Today was our first 1 car conflict. I'm taking an Uber to my haircut appointment! haha.
These are the reasons why I am taking delivery of the car I did not order. We reached our one car breaking point a few weeks ago.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cancel your reservation 😁

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

buy out - could buy out my current leased tahoe, lease another tahoe for the wife and then just trade in the 2018 when I buy the Bronco. But who knows when I'll get my Bronco, and who knows if trade in rates will remain the same. If they do, this option could actually make me money... But I've been working with my sales guy for over a month now, and literally can't find any 2021 Tahoes.

This is probably your best option. Values on that Tahoe will always be good. Might not be as great as they are now but you won't lose money on that for sure.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cancel your reservation 😁

In all seriousness though, the most viable option is to buy a NEW car and hope that used car prices remain when your Bronco arrives.

Because right now, buying used, you are paying way over what the vehicles are actually worth (the whole supply and demand).

Last option, can you car pool? Probably not, but figured I'd throw it out there.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Exactly, I asked a dealer about Jeep hard tops and was told they run between $2,500 & $3,000.

And that's why I won't switch to a soft top. I've never liked them to begin with, especially in the winter, and I'm not about to drop another $3k on a top. I'd rather put that money into a lift later down the road.... you know, when gas drops to below $3/gallon 😞
Yup! Got a feeling it will be similar with the bronco. And I’ll most likely be getting mine in the winter, so hard top it is. That way I can let the aftermarket do its thing and should have some options for soft tops next Spring/summer.
That's $3k for the hard top, plus wiring. It might be cheaper to trade it in on a new one with the way prices are these days. That's my plan.
So I've never owned a soft top or convertible before. So I'm kind of excited about the open air freedom it will give me. But I'm realistic... and know there's a chance living in Pennsylvania that there may be issues in the winter. And knowing full well, that road noise might either become background noise or I won't notice it.

Either way, "upgrading" to a hard top seems like a silly proposition financially. I kind of have it in mind to trade my Bronco in for an EV or hybrid Bronco down the road, when I'm tired of killing the planet. It's where trends are going anyhow...

at that juncture, if I come to be tired of the soft top... I'll make sure my next Bronco has the hard top. But at least I can say Ive had 1 before rather than always wonder "what if?"

You've put a lot of thought into this!

We have a similar situation. I work in center city but my office is giving up that building end of the year. So we close on a house June 30th in phoenixville. Now my job is saying that I have to come in a few times a month. I just sold my car so we are only working off 1 car. It's been working OK thus far. She barely drives. I use it to go get my haircuts or go to the gym. But having us both work from home has been glorious

Things will obviously change, very rapidly come July and on.

I was just rambling, but also relating to your struggle.
Uber has a uber to septa cheaper price option you can look at. Used car prices right now are nuts so I don't recommend that. Have you considered working an arrangement with your job to go in X amount of days and WORK FROM HOME the remainder? Having consistent days where you have to go in could allow you and your significant other to better plan when 1 needs the car.

Last edited:

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Remember this? Feels like so long ago haha. Just found these cleaning my desk today. Im thinking of still putting one in my Bronco window as an inside joke for all the Bronco6g peeps.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? D40041B6-0156-4F96-8F24-44A141419ACE

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Eh, like I said once I'm an NP a few extra shifts will pay for it 😂

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Last option, can you car pool? Probably not, but figured I'd throw it out there.
ya know... I didn't think of this. But now that you mention it. The other guy I coach baseball with works in Center City and takes the same train I do... and doesn't live far from me! Have to see what his company is doing about returning. (oddly enough, we worked for the same company for a bit, but it's a big company... think 2 biggest buildings in philly ;) )
Uber has a uber to septa cheaper price option you can look at.
heh. I didn't know this. I'll have to look into that.
Have you considered working an arrangement with your job to go in X amount of days and WORK FROM HOME the remainder?
Yeah, I think that will be an option for sure. My job is pretty flexible, even before the pandemic, so I could at least lessen the blow.
@PowPow why not see if your bronco selling dealer will do a lease deal to help you out in the meantime?
Yeah, this has crossed my mind as well. But I'm not sure if they'll be any better then what I can get with the GM discount. but it could be worth the try.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs