Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah at least it was a Badlands with drain plugs and MGV. Could've been worse and the owner didn't seem too bothered by it.
yeah, driving around all day with wet socks and shoes on a multi day camping trip sounds like fun. :(
Who'd of thought keeping water outside of the car was a luxury feature? Not me.
They really should have just released them without roofs..
Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

@BigBronco1 I'm probably good to go for New Canaan on Sunday morning...will likely watch the MotoGP race at 8 and then make my up. Let me know what time you plan on being there and we can meet up. Anyone else planning on going to C&C?

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Oh, wow. I did not expect that. That's terrible!
I guess wranglers do this too?

Great, need waterproof boots while driving. I usually keep those inside the car for when I have to get out.
This kind of sours my excitement. So why can't I get power seats and the rubber floor if the interior is going to flood when making use of the 33.5" water fording depth anyway?
Hopefully I don't encounter the correct circumstances to flood the interior often or this Bronco won't last long in my possession.
Wait how does your Mercedes fare when water fording?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait how does your Mercedes fare when water fording?
Completely dry with water up to the headlights. I never imagined water would leak through the doors on an off road 4x4. The carpet will stink! Hopefully the MGV will fair better, but I think it too will eventually smell like a tide pool.

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Completely dry with water up to the headlights. I never imagined water would leak through the doors on an off road 4x4. The carpet will stink! Hopefully the MGV will fair better, but I think it too will eventually smell like a tide pool.
Maybe he had the drain plugs out? Maybe the doors were off?

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm hoping the circumstance for flooding is rare. Like standing still in water for 10 mins. Or maybe the drain plugs weren't installed correctly.
If it gets annoying, there's the upcoming Ranger Raptor to look at.

I guess I should get the Ford Performance Bronco trail driving shoes?

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1631221894189

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's like I know my girl is cheating on me, but I'm just like ignoring all the signs. "her friends would totally text her at midnight with pics of what look like at a glance, a mushroom, must be a funny meme. yeah, everything is definitely still cool."
Sounds oddly specific. 😂

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got off the phone with Ford marketing and I'm officially confused. I figured I'd call them and see if they had any insight on my order. I'm going to call again and speak to someone else because frankly, I don't think the woman I spoke to knows what she's talking about. She was nice, and she seemed very sure of what she was telling me but it doesn't jive with what we've been told already. According to her:

1. If you ordered AMB or Rapid Red, you will not lose them if you ordered a 2021 but receive a 2022 - you are "protected" (her words) - if true, GREAT..but contradicts the info that was already put out, and I think she's mistaken.

2. The 22MY change-over will occur in October so any builds after September 30th will be 22MY - We know this to be false as we've seen forum members get build dates into the second week of November for 21MY.

At least 50% of the above info is probably false but I still wanted to share it anyway. I will update after I speak to another rep. I'm also posting this in the official AMB thread.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1631223868649

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Don't know about the drain plugs but he didn't take the doors off for the first time until he went to clean the interior. He mentioned this in his post in the other thread. The washout and MGV are great and all but I kinda agree with @Merc4x4 - it should be water-tight at that level.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I can atest to it being water tight!!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20210821_173620

Did get a little splash in through the windows but nothing else.
Jeep that went through same hole did have drain plugs out and did get water inside....

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can atest to it being water tight!!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20210821_173620

Did get a little splash in through the windows but nothing else.
Jeep that went through same hole did have drain plugs out and did get water inside....
No active drain plugs in the FE. I hope I don't regret choosing MGV. I could always plug them with my wet socks. :unsure:

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No active drain plugs in the FE. I hope I don't regret choosing MGV. I could always plug them with my wet socks. :unsure:
I am sure there will be a way to temporarily plug them until you want to hose it out. I am sure it would not be too hard to figure something out.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Now that I think about it, for someone with bd or bl, do the drain plugs seal to the metal floor, or the plastic trim on the rubber mat.. possible it came in between the rubber and the metal... Jeep plugs are in the steel and are water tight most the time.

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ugh, so being @Vigor was pushed from 9/13 to 10/11, I'm thinking there's no chance in hell I'm still scheduled for 9/27.

And being my transaction representative (sales guy) is relatively useless, should I try calling the Ford hotline and seeing what my new date is?

Or do I just turn a blind eye (ignorance is bliss?, what I don't know can't hurt me? no news is good news?) and sit here hoping I'm still on for 9/27?

It's like I know my girl is cheating on me, but I'm just like ignoring all the signs. "her friends would totally text her at midnight with pics of what look like at a glance, a mushroom, must be a funny meme. yeah, everything is definitely still cool."
I called that Ford number tonight that was posted in here the other day. She told me it's still listed as "in production" and she couldn't give me any new information... Ugh

I was going for at least a little more information!

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I called that Ford number tonight that was posted in here the other day. She told me it's still listed as "in production" and she couldn't give me any new information... Ugh

I was going for at least a little more information!
Don't believe anything Leneisha says..
Sponsored