Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'd go with get the WT and sell when the Raptor comes along.

With the way Ford has been doing shit, that might not happen til 2025 anyways.

And in the interim, you can trade me your hard top for my soft top! It's a win win 😁
Sorry that's already spoken for by one who shall remain nameless, we're not allowed to talk about him
Sponsored

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm not worried about the trade in price in todays market, especially given the large sales tax credit that comes along with it. BUT - depending on timing and Ford production ramp ups and who knows whatever the hell else can be thrown at us....that could soften and the last thing I want to do is put myself in a situation where I have to hear my wife complain that I shouldn't have been a pig about it. As far as pull goes - when we first started looking at houses way back in the day - I said I'd only sell my boat if she found someone to give me what I paid for it 5 years prior...I don't have a boat anymore. 😭
Yea I'd go for the WT too, who knows what Ford is going to do. Their marketing is way ahead of their production. I heard a Bronco commercial on the Penn State Radio broadcast on Saturday.

I'm a late reservation too, I am waiting to see the 2022 build and price before I decide on my final order. I also hope to get my build before all the 99's get back in line. Hopefully I get a vin before this thread gets to 1000 too.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So my sis in law who is a day 2 res, just got her build date, shes going full tilt WildTrak, 10/4 build date...she's in FL though. And she's getting my AMB.

Separately I was wondering if I a) keep my WT resv and don't order until I can confirm Raptor timing, b) order as soon as banks open and then scale back options and trim and sell to make up the Raptor pricing diff, c) give it back to Brewster to let them make something off it, d) get my WT the way I want, drive it and trade in at Wifey's dealership when my raptor comes in and hope the market holds up and I get back mostly everything on it? You guys aren't allowed to hate on me for 2 reasons 1) Brewster deal, 2) I'm a late resv holder anyway and none of yo would be getting bumped by me taking my WT and flipping it for a Raptor.....you can hate on me for getting a Raptor though, that's encouraged. 😏
Called this:

6th Gen (U725) Bronco Refresh / Update

• Mid-2022 - Bronco Raptor launch
  • Q4 2024 -- Bronco MCA (Mid Cycle Action) refresh enters production - as a 2025 Model year

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This week will go by so slow...

A couple more thoughts.
  • It's dark inside the Bronco. Not much, if any, interior lighting.
  • Wireless charging + Wireless Android Auto heats up the phone so much it's a net loss on battery charge. Went from 90+% to less than 20% in 5 hours.
  • Tried unsuccessfully to activate Ford Pass app at least half a dozen times over the 2 days. There is a thread on here with some trouble shooting ideas, like master reset and fuse pull.
  • Some high-low / mild bubbling on the spare tire sidewall. No confidence in these tires after a couple puncture reports and how light they are.

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A couple more thoughts.
  • Wireless charging + Wireless Android Auto heats up the phone so much it's a net loss on battery charge. Went from 90+% to less than 20% in 5 hours.
  • Tried unsuccessfully to activate Ford Pass app at least half a dozen times over the 2 days. There is a thread on here with some trouble shooting ideas, like master reset and fuse pull.
  • Some high-low / mild bubbling on the spare tire sidewall. No confidence in these tires after a couple puncture reports and how light they are.
I had problems activating ford pass over a few days and then magically it worked. All the tricks I read and saw on YouTube didn't work. It just started working out of nowhere

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

A couple more thoughts.
You keep hitting us with good finds

For the charging, is it really that bad with your phones screen off ? Usually the screens have the biggest power draw

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had problems activating ford pass over a few days and then magically it worked. All the tricks I read and saw on YouTube didn't work. It just started working out of nowhere
Thanks. Hoping it will activate next Saturday. Hate waiting to play with my new toy.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You keep hitting us with good finds

For the charging, is it really that bad with your phones screen off ? Usually the screens have the biggest power draw
Thanks. Yes.
There was another thread around here with a user commenting their iPhone also got very hot while using wireless carplay and wireless charging.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to de-activate or turn off Android Auto. Once you enable it, as soon as you get in the Bronco it activates. I'm leaning towards removing Android Auto and working with the Sync 4 navigation. Only deterrent is I know Google Maps does a decent job at avoiding traffic. Very helpful for long distance traveling.

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks. Yes.
There was another thread around here with a user commenting their iPhone also got very hot while using wireless carplay and wireless charging.

Also, there doesn't seem to be a way to de-activate or turn off Android Auto. Once you enable it, as soon as you get in the Bronco it activates. I'm leaning towards removing Android Auto and working with the Sync 4 navigation. Only deterrent is I know Google Maps does a decent job at avoiding traffic. Very helpful for long distance traveling.
Is plugging in your phone a better experience ?

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A couple more thoughts.
Yes most incar wireless chargers are shit and end up doing worse then if you just didn't use it.
I had the fordpass activating issue too. Took a couple days and ended up connecting sync to my home WiFi network which seem to do the trick? They just happened to coincide? Who knows.
100% agree on the interior lighting. Finding stuff in the backseat while parked in a garage needs a flashlight/phone torch. The mini cargo light isn't much help. Might look into adding LED strip or something on the door light circuit

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Im
The loaner I had with the wireless charging sucked. It didn't feel like a high speed wireless charger, when I plugged in the USB and drove down the shore I was at 100%.
Never really liked wireless chargers to begin with.
Android auto wireless wasn't an issue for me either.
I'm kinda bummed by this. It's always my goal to minimize the use of wires.
Guess I gotta lug my fast wired charger with me to Brewster when I pickup

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, there was a $2 bill under the gas filler door. 🤷‍♂️
The attendant at Flemington Wawa found it and jokingly asked if it was his tip. Had to say yes at that point, rolling in with a brand new Bronco.
Don't know who put it there.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, there was a $2 bill under the gas filler door. 🤷‍♂️
The attendant at Flemington Wawa found it and jokingly asked if it was his tip. Had to say yes at that point, rolling in with a brand new Bronco.
Don't know who put it there.
You got Tim as a sales guy?
Sponsored