Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Good to see you haven't changed since taking ownership 😔

I have a simple solution for you.... Don't live in the hood, then your shit won't get stolen.
ha. not so much my hood.

If I ever go back to work, I park in a train parking lot for 8+hrs. I'd think it'd be pretty easy for someone to just walk up and down the isles taking spares, haha.

Although, I'm not sure I've ever really heard of anyone doing this... 🤷‍♂️
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just pulled the trigger on a partial wrap - I was originally wanting a green wide stripe to do a retro look, but have backed off as i was not finding a color or style i really liked. i'm staying in the stormtrooper family (Ox White/MIC) with a dark grey flat (non-metallic) gloss (looks like the Stingray I had on the Jeep) on the entire hood and then low on the sides ending at the crease (only about the bottom 5") to break up all the white and give a little paint protection along w the Go Rhino Dominators i'll be installing. Here is a pic of the Westin Bronco from SEMA that has the hood the way i want it (not their side striping, though)

3m and Avery have cut a lot of production so some colors you can't get. Glad I had some alternates lined up. He will do this Dec 3rd. Will post pics when done.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1636568119928

Last edited:

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You mean ford didn’t offer them!!! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️
I put them on my original order and chapman installed. Normally I do those on my own aftermarket, but wanted to support Tom with my accessory purchases (that I now need to see if i can get retro FordPass points for...)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
where do you keep your key? Next to the jack? That's where I'd end up putting it. Gotta need it if there's ever a flat...

And yeah, I agree. They're probably more a opportunist deterient vs a pro.
yeah, i put it in a ziploc qt bag jammed in by the jack. may bring it up to glove box though.

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I just pulled the trigger on a partial wrap - I was originally wanting a green wide stripe to do a retro look, but have backed off as i was not finding a color or style i really liked. i'm staying in the stormtrooper family (Ox White/MIC) with a dark grey flat gloss (looks like the Stingray I had on the Jeep) on the entire hood and then low on the sides ending at the crease (only about the bottom 5") to break up all the white and give a little paint protection along w the Go Rhino Dominators i'll be installing. Here is a pic of the Westin Bronco from SEMA that has the hood the way i want it (not their side striping, though)

3m and Avery have cut a lot of production so some colors you can't get. Glad I had some alternates lined up. He will do this Dec 3rd. Will post pics when done.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1636568119928
How much does such a thing cost

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How much does such a thing cost
he's doing this for $600 and tax. right now he is limiting to commercial work since he is slammed, but I had gone to him back not long after I reserved and its a quick job so he fit me in. His prices seem very reasonable compared to quotes I've seen. Of course, both designs I've had have been pretty simple flat work. a full wrap would be a different beast, I'm sure, but a bronco is fairly simple shapes, especially with so much removable

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So I'll be. I was all ready to call @AngryAgain an old man that didn't understand technology. But SOB, he's right. I put Waze up using Android Auto and noticed the speedometer is about 1-2mph off of Waze. And I'll have to say this has to be on the Ford's side. Because I was using Waze religiously for awhile in my Tahoe, and I actually remember remarking to my wife how accurate the speed is on the Waze app compared to the car.

Is there a way to fix this? Without going to the dealer? Bc, 1. I don't want to waste my time. 2. you know they'll just stare at me like, huh.

Then again, it's pretty insignificant. 1-2mph isn't going to make much of a difference. BUT, won't it mess everything else up? Like at some point my odometer will read 20k miles... but at that point it could really only be like 19k...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the wheel locks as a deterrent, especially for the spare. its correct that a determined theif will get them no matter what, but they can take the whole Bronco as well, i suppose. im deterring the opportunist or vandal. I watched a youtube a while back with a guy testing different methods to cut, break or force locking lugs off and was impressed - it was one of those "so you lost your key and need to remove your tires" tip videos like that lock picking guy... It takes some work.
are there different type of wheel lock nuts?

poconochris

Outer Banks
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I'll be. I was all ready to call @AngryAgain an old man that didn't understand technology. But SOB, he's right. I put Waze up using Android Auto and noticed the speedometer is about 1-2mph off of Waze. And I'll have to say this has to be on the Ford's side. Because I was using Waze religiously for awhile in my Tahoe, and I actually remember remarking to my wife how accurate the speed is on the Waze app compared to the car.

Is there a way to fix this? Without going to the dealer? Bc, 1. I don't want to waste my time. 2. you know they'll just stare at me like, huh.

Then again, it's pretty insignificant. 1-2mph isn't going to make much of a difference. BUT, won't it mess everything else up? Like at some point my odometer will read 20k miles... but at that point it could really only be like 19k...
I had a lot of company vehicles and use waze a lot. I usually find the speedo to be 1-2 miles higher than the waze. (Ford escape, dodge avenger, Toyota RAV4...)

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
are there different type of wheel lock nuts?

Yeah, this guy was showing a couple kinds with removal methods. If I can ever find it again post it.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anyone using gas other than regular?

I had a turbo in my Saab and it required octane 90 or higher.

I checked the manual and it says octane 87 or higher. But just getting the pulse of the people.

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

I checked the manual and it says octane 87 or higher. But just getting the pulse of the people.
I'm going to be filling up over the next day or two, and was going to put in the expensive stuff to see how it does with that. I still only have 300 miles on my Bronco so far, so i probably wont notice anything different yet since I am still driving pretty conservatively, but will try it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been running premium for the reported extra power.

I like I can run 87 when premium isn't available.
Sponsored