Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am up for it on Saturday
Have not been to FRO yet always up for a new experience!!!
Thanks Tor. But the wife reminded me that it's December and we haven't begun holiday shopping and that "there are higher priority things to do than spend Saturday wheelin'" 🙄

Seeing you 12/18 right?
Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I never heard of this place. I must be living under a rock!
Discovered it only recently thanks to all trails app.
It's fairly popular. Not a fan of their pricing model though. High annual membership with no day passes (except for 1 time only free trial) ensures they likely get the regulars who may be clique'y. Could be wrong

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I just finished up fixing my scratch. Didn't come out exactly as I had hoped. But at least there isn't bare metal anymore. Took about 2hrs... and there's definitely a learning curve to figure out the right technique. But once you got it figured out it's pretty easy.

1638480630073.png

1638480654206.png
What did you end up using? One of those touch-up pens?
Thinking of what I'll be needing in the future. :)

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What did you end up using? One of those touch-up pens?
Thinking of what I'll be needing in the future. :)
Dr. Colorchip. It's not bad. But definitely seems to be missing 'finish'. Like it's not glossy like the rest or something. I was thinking I may compound and polish. But it says to wait 30 days before doing that.

It may be better for chips vs deep scratches. That scratch didn't look big. But after filling it up and smoothing out the surface, it actually takes up more real estate than I thought.

Then again. It is what it is.

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks Tor. But the wife reminded me that it's December and we haven't begun holiday shopping and that "there are higher priority things to do than spend Saturday wheelin'" 🙄

Seeing you 12/18 right?
Happy wife, Happy life!

Yup, should be there the 18th

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dr. Colorchip. It's not bad. But definitely seems to be missing 'finish'. Like it's not glossy like the rest or something. I was thinking I may compound and polish. But it says to wait 30 days before doing that.

It may be better for chips vs deep scratches. That scratch didn't look big. But after filling it up and smoothing out the surface, it actually takes up more real estate than I thought.

Then again. It is what it is.
It's a nice kit, but despite what they say, I think you do miss out on the lack of a true clear-coat over it. I think I would be tempted to mask off the chip area (in the future when this is "set") and hit is with a bit of clear coat and then when that is set, polish/buff it down to match across the entire area. But, this is likely going to be an ongoing thing with the rate of 'road rash' we are seeing, so putting your PPF over it should sufficiently hide/protect it.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's a nice kit, but despite what they say, I think you do miss out on the lack of a true clear-coat over it. I think I would be tempted to mask off the chip area (in the future when this is "set") and hit is with a bit of clear coat and then when that is set, polish/buff it down to match across the entire area. But, this is likely going to be an ongoing thing with the rate of 'road rash' we are seeing, so putting your PPF over it should sufficiently hide/protect it.
It's not a bad idea. We'll see how much I care in 30 days, lol.

My step dad (completely bias being he worked for GM) has made comments years previously to how GM's paint is a lot tougher than most, even european cars. No idea how true that actually is, but I do have to say, I've never had scratch/chip issues on my GM cars. But have seen a lot on other manufactures. 🤷‍♂️

And yeah, from what I've seen on this forum, I'm seriously starting to think about PPF. Not only are scratches happening, but the paint seems to just flake off. I didn't even think I hit the car all that hard with the wand.

Kinda wishing I had Ford install it... what was it? like $300? Now, it'll probably cost me close to $1k. (I literally have no idea)

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

My step dad (completely bias being he worked for GM) has made comments years previously to how GM's paint is a lot tougher than most, even european cars. No idea how true that actually is, but I do have to say, I've never had scratch/chip issues on my GM cars. But have seen a lot on other manufactures. 🤷‍♂️

And yeah, from what I've seen on this forum, I'm seriously starting to think about PPF. Not only are scratches happening, but the paint seems to just flake off. I didn't even think I hit the car all that hard with the wand.

Kinda wishing I had Ford install it... what was it? like $300? Now, it'll probably cost me close to $1k. (I literally have no idea)
They sell the kit - install on that stuff (cause it is just partial areas) is not really bad if you have somewhere inside to work on it. Lot of great videos out there to show you how

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Do you guys know of a good plastic bumper repair kit? My wife’s Yukon might have backed into something and messed up the bumper…. It happened a while ago and I just don’t feel like spending over 1k for a stupid mistake I might/might not have done lol

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Do you guys know of a good plastic bumper repair kit? My wife’s Yukon might have backed into something and messed up the bumper…. It happened a while ago and I just don’t feel like spending over 1k for a stupid mistake I might/might not have done lol
hate it when cars do dumb shit on their own.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I'm hearing ppf from the factory is one of the main constraints!
I dropped by an auto detailer today. 60 per window for tints that match the back (is that good or bad or average?)
And he will get back to me Monday on ppf. Don't think I'll have the ppf done by Rausch though

I did just order a GRS radio that should arrive before we hit the trails.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I dropped by an auto detailer today. 60 per window for tints that match the back (is that good or bad or average?)
And he will get back to me Monday on ppf. Don't think I'll have the ppf done by Rausch though

That sounds about right. My brother in law just bought a GMC Sierra and got his windows tinted. I think it was $50per in NJ. but I don't think they went as dark as the back.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

I'm getting my rear windows tinted tomorrow for $100 for both. So yeah, $60 per isn't that bad.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base