Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
5,000 miles, per a couple of dealers I asked.

1 dealer even said the oil used in a new vehicle is specially formulated? Hell if I know if that is true 🤷‍♂️
I've heard that as well. Made for the extra metals that might be in there.

Whenever the computer tells me, that's when I'll do it.

Based on my usage (as you have seen) I'll probably do it about once per year.
Wow 10k? I would like to do around 10k, but think I'd run full synthetic to do that. Which I am planning on. I don't feel like dropping 80 bucks every 2-3 months for an oil change.
Figured for now, I got those Ford Pass points.... And no garage... So Ford can change my oil 😁
Say what you want about Fred Beans, but I get free oil changes for 3 years with them. 😁

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've heard that as well. Made for the extra metals that might be in there.

Whenever the computer tells me, that's when I'll do it.

Based on my usage (as you have seen) I'll probably do it about once per year.

Say what you want about Fred Beans, but I get free oil changes for 3 years with them. 😁
Make sure you read the fine print. That 3 years probably has a limited number of changes.

Let's just call it 3/year. So 9 changes total (just guessing here). So at 70 a pop, saves you $630.

How much more was your MSRP than my 3% below invoice? Or the BIL's Invoice? 😁

Sure free oil changes are nice. Ditschman usually does that too. But if I'm going to change my own oil eventually.... I'll take the better price. 🤷‍♂️

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Make sure you read the fine print. That 3 years probably has a limited number of changes.

Let's just call it 3/year. So 9 changes total (just guessing here). So at 70 a pop, saves you $630.

Sure free oil changes are nice. Ditschman usually does that too. But if I'm going to change my own oil eventually.... I'll take the better price. 🤷‍♂️
Holy crap - you used to just tell him you wanted to punch him in the face - now you’re punching him in the gut! 🤣

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Perhaps, but don't forget the free window etching I got. 😂😂😂

Also after the experience I had with Chapman, I wouldn't give him a dollar I found in the gutter. So there's also that.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perhaps, but don't forget the free window etching I got. 😂😂😂

Also after the experience I had with Chapman, I wouldn't give him a dollar I found in the gutter. So there's also that.
Good point I forgot about the free etching LMAO. Fullerton Ford does that stupid shit too 🤦‍♂️

And I don't blame you on the Chapman deal. I remember what happened there.

Hell, after what happened with the leak and me wasting a trip down there, then the nonchalant response to my email, I'm not going back their either.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anyone with a soft top experience leaks like this? good ol' NJ salty winter roads....

20220112_162810.jpg

20220112_162813.jpg
Yeah I've gotten some drips in 2 or 3 spots but not that bad. Deformed seal? Probably not a pliable when it's 6 degrees out

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'll do my first at around 1k miles. During break-in there are more particles in the oil due to cylinder and ring wear. That's not gonna be detected (as much) by the Bronco's optical sensor that sees 'dirty' oil which is usually from carbon buildup.
I'm into old musclecars so it's a unique background.... we need hi-zinc oils to keep the cam and lifters alive. That's not a factor with modern roller lifters.
I do my own maintenance so an oil change is damn simple.
For you guys that are afraid to get your hands dirty 😋, 1,500 to 3,000 miles for your first oil change would be on the safe side. But again, modern engines aren't as susceptible to wear from dirty oil like vintage engines are.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'll do my first at around 1k miles. During break-in there are more particles in the oil due to cylinder and ring wear. That's not gonna be detected (as much) by the Bronco's optical sensor that sees 'dirty' oil which is usually from carbon buildup.
I'm into old musclecars so it's a unique background.... we need hi-zinc oils to keep the cam and lifters alive. That's not a factor with modern roller lifters.
I do my own maintenance so an oil change is damn simple.
For you guys that are afraid to get your hands dirty 😋, 1,500 to 3,000 miles for your first oil change would be on the safe side. But again, modern engines aren't as susceptible to wear from dirty oil like vintage engines are.
Afraid to get our hands dirty... LMAO. Guess how many times I've changed oil in the middle of winter... Outside... Temps in the teens... Probably too many times.
Hell, I once replaced the 3rd member on my '84 Bronco, in an apartment parking lot, middle of winter. That was out in Illinois. Put a huge tarp over the Bronco just to cut down on the wind.
This time around I figured screw it, let the dealership do it. 😁

mattm54

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Afraid to get our hands dirty... LMAO. Guess how many times I've changed oil in the middle of winter... Outside... Temps in the teens... Probably too many times.
Hell, I once replaced the 3rd member on my '84 Bronco, in an apartment parking lot, middle of winter. That was out in Illinois. Put a huge tarp over the Bronco just to cut down on the wind.
This time around I figured screw it, let the dealership do it. 😁
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1642436993480