Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, it's total horseshit to be allowed to put ADM on a raptor. It's like Ford is trying to make dealerships more money.

I don't understand how this model is allowed to exist in 2022. It's utter robbery.

Ford builds a Raptor for $70k MSRP, but dealers are allowed to sell it at whatever they want, and you, the consumer have no choice but to buy from a dealer. and there's only a limited amount produced.

I mean, does this not infuriate anyone else? And I'm not even wanting, nor will I ever want to spend that kinda money on a Raptor. I just think the process is total horseshit.

PLUS, if I'm Ford. I view this as leaving money on the table. They should be like, so we can actually charge more for this vehicle and people will pay it? Why are we not pricing this at $80k? and telling dealers you have to see it at MSRP. It's f'n crazy.

How many raptors will they produce? 10k? (is that high?) whatever, we'll use 10k. 10k raptors for an additional $10k comes out to $100MM Ford just let various dealers have. If I was a F shareholder, I'd be pissed. Even only 5k raptors is $50MM.

Take that damn $100MM and invest in some R&D and have my windshield wipers go down after I turn off the car for christ's sake, or lower the fans when a call comes in. 😂 😂
Ok.... Who poked the bear?

Or in @PowPow 's case... Who poked the cub? 😁
Sponsored

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I mean, it's total horseshit to be allowed to put ADM on a raptor. It's like Ford is trying to make dealerships more money.

I don't understand how this model is allowed to exist in 2022. It's utter robbery.

Ford builds a Raptor for $70k MSRP, but dealers are allowed to sell it at whatever they want, and you, the consumer have no choice but to buy from a dealer. and there's only a limited amount produced.

I mean, does this not infuriate anyone else? And I'm not even wanting, nor will I ever want to spend that kinda money on a Raptor. I just think the process is total horseshit.

PLUS, if I'm Ford. I view this as leaving money on the table. They should be like, so we can actually charge more for this vehicle and people will pay it? Why are we not pricing this at $80k? and telling dealers you have to see it at MSRP. It's f'n crazy.

How many raptors will they produce? 10k? (is that high?) whatever, we'll use 10k. 10k raptors for an additional $10k comes out to $100MM Ford just let various dealers have. If I was a F shareholder, I'd be pissed. Even only 5k raptors is $50MM.

Take that damn $100MM and invest in some R&D and have my windshield wipers go down after I turn off the car for christ's sake, or lower the fans when a call comes in. 😂 😂
My thoughts:
The S is MSRP is Suggested, for a reason. Ultimately supply and demand will dictate price...which in some years means you're buying for 10% less than MSRP and in other years, like now, you're paying at or above. We've had such a long run of less than...we've come to expect the price to be less. It doesn't feel right that dealers are doing it, but it does make sense.

As for ADM vs Ford raising price, it does make you wonder why Ford didn't make this an $80k+ vehicle. I was expecting they would and certainly didn't expect $69K. I'm sure a number of factors are at play. We assume, and it's prob true, that dealers are paying less than $69K for the Raptor. But, what if Ford actually charges them $75K? AMM - Added Manufacturer Markup. Ok prob not true.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My thoughts:
The S is MSRP is Suggested, for a reason. Ultimately supply and demand will dictate price...which in some years means you're buying for 10% less than MSRP and in other years, like now, you're paying at or above. We've had such a long run of less than...we've come to expect the price to be less. It doesn't feel right that dealers are doing it, but it does make sense.

As for ADM vs Ford raising price, it does make you wonder why Ford didn't make this an $80k+ vehicle. I was expecting they would and certainly didn't expect $69K. I'm sure a number of factors are at play. We assume, and it's prob true, that dealers are paying less than $69K for the Raptor. But, what if Ford actually charges them $75K? AMM - Added Manufacturer Markup. Ok prob not true.
Sure, and I'm all in for a good ol fashion free market. Yes supply and demand will dictate price. Which is exactly my point. Ford is purposely only producing so many. Therefore really heightening demand by limiting supply.

This is unlike what is currently taking place. Our non Raptor Broncos will be, at some point, mass produced. And you'll be able to get them whenever you want. But if you want one now, you gotta pay the premium (whether that's MSRP through a reservation/order, or ADM through dealer stock). Or, you could just wait. Eventually they'll be selling for below MSRP everywhere. But you can't wait for a Raptor. Ford only makes so many. They won't eventually become widely available.

So it's BS when Ford creates the supply and demand and then gives it to someone else to let them charge whatever the f they want. That'd be like Amazon selling the latest iphone for whatever price they want. People would riot in the streets. Amazon would be shut down by noon on release day. But yet it's ok for Car Manufacturers & Dealerships to have this wink and a nod agreement in place? And everyone is just cool with it?

IDK, it just seems like Ford is scratching the dealers back here. It's shady middleman bs.

I guess you could in return, argue that because of these special order vehicles and the markup dealerships put on them is what affords dealerships to sell other cars at less than MSRP. 🤷‍♂️ but somehow I don't think that's really a factor, as I'm fairly certain not every dealership gets a Raptor.

Anyway...

And as always. Someone will pay it. So that's why it continues like this.

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey @PowPow .i talked to Fred Beans Ford (Doylestown) about a week ago, about a Bronco in stock and for sale. They told me ADM, I said f that, I wouldn't pay ADM. Plenty of other dealers are selling without.

Guess what their response was?

We have to keep the lights on.

My response was... Well how do the dealers charging MSRP keep the lights on then?

All I got was crickets.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 3x5nIjlszTBQs

Yeah I did it... I poked @PowPow 😁

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Raptor is growing on me. I heard only 4" wider track than Sasquatch.
Definitely sitting out first run and waiting for MOD top, since it's hard-top only.

BTW, this is what happens when you don't touch your Bronco in 26 days...

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? Screenshot_20220126-173901

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Should I be worried that this is the ad I see on here? 🤷‍♂️

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? SmartSelect_20220126-180642_Chrome

And @Merc4x4, it seems every other day you were going down south, how has your Bronco sat for a month?
That was my last return trip from NC. Going back the first half of March.
I've racked up 6,466 miles, and after that last trip I hadn't been eager to get back in the drivers seat. Then I caught some cold/flu/rona that put me out for a few days.

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Raptor is growing on me. I heard only 4" wider track than Sasquatch.
Definitely sitting out first run and waiting for MOD top, since it's hard-top only.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? SmartSelect_20220126-180642_Chrome
I got this last week when I left mine at the airport for 2 days in 10-20 degree temps.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I view this as a big flaw. It's happened to me a few times and it's always when I want to remote start the Bronco because it's cold. I don't really understand why I can't wake it up from the deep sleep and then use the remote start. Basically when remote start is most important, it doesn't work.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I view this as a big flaw. It's happened to me a few times and it's always when I want to remote start the Bronco because it's cold. I don't really understand why I can't wake it up from the deep sleep and then use the remote start. Basically when remote start is most important, it doesn't work.
does the remote key fob also not work?

obviously this is for battery conservation... but yeah, that can't be happening after a few days. 26 days... sure. But not 2 or 3.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
does the remote key fob also not work?

obviously this is for battery conservation... but yeah, that can't be happening after a few days. 26 days... sure. But not 2 or 3.
You just made me realize that my XC90, not the Bronco, is the one that keeps going into deep sleep. So I guess all cars do it, or might in the future? So far haven't had an issue with the Bronco, but I usually only drive it on the nice days so not sure on freezing days.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Like they said before, I bullseye on the windshield. I had just left the dealer 10 minutes prior.

At least this way I got it out of my system 😅
That sucks, were you on the highway 95 or Merritt?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

At least I know the guys at the garage aren't taking my Bronco out for joyrides!

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You just made me realize that my XC90, not the Bronco, is the one that keeps going into deep sleep. So I guess all cars do it, or might in the future? So far haven't had an issue with the Bronco, but I usually only drive it on the nice days so not sure on freezing days.
I'm sorry....maybe this ad was meant for you old man :ROFLMAO: 😂

Sponsored