Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Maybe dumb question here. But why are they canceling a 4x4 event or making it street only? I’m quite sure the Bronco can handle it. Guess the flannel suits can’t. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
Goes Over Any Terrain*

*mud not included
Sponsored

Ford2201

Black Diamond
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-150 - 2014 JKU - 1997 TJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm sure it's because they don't want to destroy the grounds... You know the whole tread lightly thing.
I suppose you’re right. Just seems that any use has potential to damage.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Maybe dumb question here. But why are they canceling a 4x4 event or making it street only? I’m quite sure the Bronco can handle it. Guess the flannel suits can’t. 🙄🤦🏻‍♂️
Add it up: Severe rains+poor conditions+inexperienced drivers+tight schedule= play it safe.

Not all of the Broncos have real off-road tires or lockers. I think there's only one Squatch. (Wildtrack). 32" All-terrain tires and traction control aren't going to cut it. And I'll bet most of the participants don't have much or any off-road driving experience. If there is a line of 8 Broncos going on a trail ride and one gets stuck, everybody behind waits.

I went 1:30 on Friday and they had just checked the trails during their lunch break. I'll guess they checked them again today to see if they're passable. Maybe you Sunday drivers will luck out. Wish they would reschedule or set up another event. We can still attend an Off-Roadeo.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I suppose you’re right. Just seems that any use has potential to damage.
I'm definitely excited for this week's drive event, but I know how expensive a club 10 Mile River is in Dover NY to join, so I'd suspect we may be looking at a reduced off-road experience as well given a) the amount of rain over the past couple days and b) more rain in the forecast during this week. Hopefully not - especially since I'm sure they do it for their organized hunts etc. 3k acres 😲

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Cactus Gray First Edition rolling up the Saw Mill Pkwy this evening through Elmsford/Hawthorne area around 5pm - anyone?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So how did the Bronco drive go? Did you get to jump it?
I tried the 7 spd badlands off-road at AOAA, and tried the same bronco on road in Old Bridge today and also tried an automatic 4door to checkout the trail turn assist and crawl control.

Manual transmission: Bronco's anti stall is better than gladiators. For whatever reason, gladiator tries to stall you under 2mph. Enjoyed the 7spd in off-road quite a bit. The stick shift throwing feel is better in the gladiator. Bronco is better on rough road and off-road (better for the back). On smooth roads, manual gladiator is more fun under 50mph. To answer your question, I jumped the bronco probably 2 inches over speed bumps and it was better than the jeep but I do occasionally enjoy the bump steer in the gladiator when going over bumps(Enjoy it once a week, any more often is annoying). Sadly, no bump steer in the bronco but it was a comfier ride. Wind noise seemed to be the same which was surprising. And the badlands had a whistle. And I couldn't get the adaptive cruise control or lane keep assist to work. Adaptive cruise wasn't slowing down when car Infront was stopped. Lane keep was seeing the lines and turning them green in display, but doesn't do anything when I veer over the lines, no vibration, no steering assist.

Usually, I only care about engine sound/feel and I don't care about screen sizes and number of hero buttons but test driving back to back, the automatic 2.3 4 door mid package seemed like a pretty bad deal compared to the 7spd lux package.

Last edited:

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hey @BigBronco1 , what's the good word? Is the kicker key worth it or not? How does it sound?
I was able to install the 6 speakers on Sat. First, I bought them all from Crutchfield...the added mounting bracket for the kick panel and matching connectors made it very easy to install. It took me 3 hours to replace all 6...the hard part is getting to them, which really isn't hard.

Overall I would say it's good and it's better and I'm happy, but it needs bass. I wrongly thought that adding an amp and new speakers would make it amazing but the reality is that it's A. only a 6 speaker setup and B. 4 of those 6 speakers are 4". So is it worth it...yes, BUT add a subwoofer to the mix. I'm going to look into the Kicker Hideaway next although I prob bought the wrong wiring harness.

I looked up a youtube video from another Bronco owner on how to install and it was very helpful. So I didn't bother taking any pictures.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So without going through this 900+ page thread, why was the OP banned?!

Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So without going through this 900+ page thread, why was the OP banned?!
He just can't help himself, but no worries, he's got at least half his 9-lives left...give him another month or two though to get angry again... It's almost worth the 900 page read...

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was able to install the 6 speakers on Sat. First, I bought them all from Crutchfield...the added mounting bracket for the kick panel and matching connectors made it very easy to install. It took me 3 hours to replace all 6...the hard part is getting to them, which really isn't hard.

Overall I would say it's good and it's better and I'm happy, but it needs bass. I wrongly thought that adding an amp and new speakers would make it amazing but the reality is that it's A. only a 6 speaker setup and B. 4 of those 6 speakers are 4". So is it worth it...yes, BUT add a subwoofer to the mix. I'm going to look into the Kicker Hideaway next although I prob bought the wrong wiring harness.

I looked up a youtube video from another Bronco owner on how to install and it was very helpful. So I didn't bother taking any pictures.
Yeah those 4" speakers in back are my biggest concern. I ordered the wire harness from LLJ, they said about 2 weeks. Was looking at kicker key and kicker 6 3/4" speakers for kick panel.

Would love to go bigger with rear speaker though. I still plan on modeling up some new rear pods to house a set of 6x9's, just sucks that it'll take so damn long to 3d print them. So need to nail the design on first shot.

Also considered some of those cheap (if you can call it that) utv soundbars on Amazon. They aren't as tall as the JBL bar, so won't kill visibility too much.