Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
You can buy my slightly used First Edition when i get my Braptor....:)
You know, I forgot to ask.... slightly used.... what were you selling it for? $35k? 😁 I mean I could be tempted at that price ;)
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
for the locals to Bucks Co, PA... does anyone have any suggestions on where to get tires from? The tahoe needs a new set. I was looking at tirerack, but will that really get me the best deal?

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

for the locals to Bucks Co, PA... does anyone have any suggestions on where to get tires from? The tahoe needs a new set. I was looking at tirerack, but will that really get me the best deal?
I got mine at bjs wholesale club in lower bucks on Oxford valley

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

You know, I forgot to ask.... slightly used.... what were you selling it for? $35k? 😁 I mean I could be tempted at that price ;)
Ahhh little more than that. Need to fund the Braptor?

Although by the time it gets here my First Edition might be only worth that!!!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had OK4WD give me a quote for Coopers on the gwagen and it was right in line with the online prices.

I usually check tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com for options and pricing. I do an internet search on the tire size to get the prices of the cheap imported tires. Then get a quote from a local shop.

There's always WalMart, but I try to give my business to local / family shops over the big chains.

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had OK4WD give me a quote for Coopers on the gwagen and it was right in line with the online prices.

I usually check tirerack.com and discounttiredirect.com for options and pricing. I do an internet search on the tire size to get the prices of the cheap imported tires. Then get a quote from a local shop.

There's always WalMart, but I try to give my business to local / family shops over the big chains.
First of all.... you need to stop coming down to my area! 🤬 I was actually there a week ago getting rid of those piece of shit Nitto's on the wife's Jeep for a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's :love:

Next thing you know @Rob1135ny and @Bronc-OH will be trying to move in 🤬

And I agree, they are competitive with pricing, and like you I prefer to give business to a local shop as opposed to ordering a complete set online and having it delivered.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

First of all.... you need to stop coming down to my area! 🤬 I was actually there a week ago getting rid of those piece of shit Nitto's on the wife's Jeep for a set of Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's :love:

And I agree, they are competitive with pricing, and like you I prefer to give business to a local shop as opposed to ordering a complete set online and having it delivered.
yeah, I agree on the local shop thing. That's why I was asking if anyone local knew a spot. I don't really know any, besides the chains... Mavis, Pep Boys, Dealers, etc... but I guess in the end, they're considered local too, no? Local people work there...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I drive through VA all the time. Not by choice.
I'd be happy to never visit the state again...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah, I agree on the local shop thing. That's why I was asking if anyone local knew a spot. I don't really know any, besides the chains... Mavis, Pep Boys, Dealers, etc... but I guess in the end, they're considered local too, no? Local people work there...
I had American Tire in Flemington put oversized Coopers on my Porsche. Closer, but not that helpful.
I've never been to Mavis, but I'd probably start there.

Sponsored

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had American Tire in Flemington put oversized Coopers on my Porsche. Closer, but not that helpful.
I've never been to Mavis, but I'd probably start there.
Mavis is ok, nothing great. They'll get you what you ask for. BJ's is pain in ass because they will only install OE sizes.

The thing that @PowPow should realize is the local 4x4 shops, like OK4WD will also give you their opinion what they think. Also depends on who you talk to, because I've had them tell me they have issues mounting Cooper tires... and they also said Nitto tires are great 🤮

Good thing is though @PowPow , they usually have the knowledge about if you need a lift, or a different offset in your wheel.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Mavis is ok, nothing great. They'll get you what you ask for. BJ's is pain in ass because they will only install OE sizes.

The thing that @PowPow should realize is the local 4x4 shops, like OK4WD will also give you their opinion what they think. Also depends on who you talk to, because I've had them tell me they have issues mounting Cooper tires... and they also said Nitto tires are great 🤮

Good thing is though @PowPow , they usually have the knowledge about if you need a lift, or a different offset in your wheel.
yeah, maybe my next set on the Bronco that'll make sense. But for the Tahoe, I'm just looking to replace. But I don't like the Continental OEM's it came with. We just hit 4yrs and I'm just about at 30k miles and the tread is already to replacement depth.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

KillerPenz

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
yeah, maybe my next set on the Bronco that'll make sense. But for the Tahoe, I'm just looking to replace. But I don't like the Continental OEM's it came with. We just hit 4yrs and I'm just about at 30k miles and the tread is already to replacement depth.
I've had Continentals on my Mustang before, but never a truck tire.

I will say, you can never go wrong with a set of BFG's. And I've always hated Goodyear tires in the past, but I have no issues with the ones that came with my Bronco. Good wet traction, and not noisy at all (well not in my opinion anyways). As I stated earlier, put Mickey Thompson Baja Boss A/T's on the wife's Jeep and so far so good with them.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I usually have a good idea of the exact tire I want before I talk to shops. Always looking for great performance, but usually end up with smaller market share brands. They are usually cheaper with better performance (personal criteria). e.g. Kumho performance tires for my 'Vette over the pricier Michelins or Yokohamas

I was looking at the Nitto Rigde Grappler. I loved the idea of a more aggressive all-terrain. They didn't carry the size I wanted at the time. I was also looking at the GY MTR, but heard they were terrible to balance. I checked out the GY DuraTrac. These seemed perfect; marketed as an all-around durable tire. But, the Cooper STMaxx had better off-road reputation for traction and puncture resistance. I really liked the Cooper AT3's I had. Great traction, comfort, handling, and wear. The STMaxx turned out great, as well.

On paper, the MT Baja Boss AT's look to be the best daily-driver, weekend-wheeler tire for the North East. Wish I could go Cooper STTPro (or Baja Boss MT), but the STTPro look dangerous on snowy, icy, tarmac. I know a few Jeep guys who switched from BFG muds to AT's because of how little traction they got in the cold rain with the muds.

I'm not a fan of the BFG AT tread design, but they seem to be the most popular for good reasons. Easy to recommend.
Sponsored