Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That's one line I disagree with. Doc fees are supposed to be what the dealer charges the customer to push the paper work.. Some states (or maybe most) limit the amount a dealer can charge... but they don't set a price saying it must be this. So with that said....

Charging a lower doc fee... sure they can if they see fit. Why? Because if I go into a dealer and get a certain deal because I haggled, then @Bronc-OH comes in for the same exact vehicle, dealer feels he's a bit of a pain in the ass, so sticks it to him. How is it wrong if I get a lower doc fee? based on what I said above about what doc fees are?

And yet you wonder why we hate dealerships.
So states know that doc fees are nothing more than dealer profit, since they're not a state fee. Not a tax, not a tag fee, not a title fee...etc. That said, if a customer wants to negotiate the doc fee(which is fine btw), then the dealer needs to take it out of the sales price and show the same fee on the paperwork to everyone. Because we're such a big dealership, we have open communication with our Office of Consumer affairs and legal counsel for NADA. They will tell you with certainty not to charge different people different doc fees. Customers can claim discrimination very easily for that since it's labeled a fee and a class action suit would be very easy to do.

Hopefully that makes sense how to negotiate it. It's in the price.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hey Simmer down. Only person that can stick it to me are my parents and wife.
You actually found a woman that would put up with you?

Wow, I'm impressed..... with her that is, for having the patience to not strangle you ?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Unpopular opinion here... But after seeing all this back and forth about what dealers can and can't do... Has anyone thought what Granger or this other place in WV are doing is going to end in the ol bait and switch? How can they make these offers? After everyone switched, B&P is released and then all of a sudden it's going to be "Shoot, Ford won't allow us to do this, and now you can't switch back, sorry. But enjoy your 20hr drive home!"

The United States is a pretty big place and for only 1 dealer in Iowa (I probably couldn't even pick out Iowa on a map) to be offering the best deal? Idk, seems shady af if you ask me.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

2 dealers have a different business model of how they can profit from the Bronco than most of the others. You can choose not to believe it but that doesn't make anything shady.

Also: I wouldn't hold it against them that you can't find Iowa on a map.

Sponsored

ekim

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ, Ford Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The United States is a pretty big place and for only 1 dealer in Iowa (I probably couldn't even pick out Iowa on a map) to be offering the best deal? Idk, seems shady af if you ask me.

I sent an email to my local dealers with no reply or no commitment to any level of pricing (including MSRP). Grainger replied within 24 hours. Grainger has nothing to gain by screwing people over. No-one is going to close a deal with them unless the terms are locked in beforehand.

I have the opposite view. I find that it's a sad day in America when I have to travel 1/2 way across the country to find an honest dealer that shows customers the courtesy and respect they deserve.

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
2 dealers have a different business model of how they can profit from the Bronco than most of the others. You can choose not to believe it but that doesn't make anything shady.

Also: I wouldn't hold it against them that you can't find Iowa on a map.
If they backtrack, albert at granger will have to enter witness protection.

that said, i think they'll honor their offer. im still waiting until b&p to switch

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But after seeing all this back and forth about what dealers can and can't do... Has anyone thought what Granger or this other place in WV are doing is going to end in the ol bait and switch? How can they make these offers? After everyone switched, B&P is released and then all of a sudden it's going to be "Shoot, Ford won't allow us to do this, and now you can't switch back, sorry. But enjoy your 20hr drive home!"
I'm going to try and explain how I understand this mess, and people can come in here and tell me no I'm wrong or whatever they want. But until I see something in official writing, all I can do is guess.

@Kris87 says Ford has very strict rules and harsh penalties if you disobey them on x-plan. @Granger Ford as well as Stephen's (and even one more very far away that I know of) say they are offering $1,000 below invoice. How they do it, isn't my problem, as long as it is done.

The problems we have now are too many rumors from ALL sides of the fence and Ford isn't confirming a damn thing.

I can't see Granger or Stephen's screwing their customers like that, the backlash alone would sink their dealership. Maybe Kris87 is right on his end, but he doesn't work at Granger or Stephen's so he really has no idea what or how they are doing it.

So to close out my rambling, if the deal at Granger worked for me, I'd feel comfortable with taking it. But financially, and time to ship and all that, it just doesn't work for me. Eventually we'll have concrete information. I take these discussions as shedding light onto things we should be asking the local dealers about. (Ie. down payments, doc fees if NO x-plan, below invoice, access credit plus x-plan?)

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If they back track I think there will be problems from Ford with their dealership. Now that changing dealers has been extended until January, I will wait to switch until just before ordering opens up.

If my local dealer would just commit to xplan pricing if Ford offers it, I would buy it there. They won't as of now and I'm not willing to wait until I lose all leverage. It's not about wringing the absolutely lowest price, I just don't want to have to worry about it. If Ford can ask us to make a (small) deposit sight unseen and 12 months before delivery, dealerships can commit to eligible Ford plans. Just my $.02

Last edited:

Sponsored

Sighlense

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I sent an email to my local dealers with no reply or no commitment to any level of pricing (including MSRP). Grainger replied within 24 hours. Grainger has nothing to gain by screwing people over. No-one is going to close a deal with them unless the terms are locked in beforehand.

I have the opposite view. I find that it's a sad day in America when I have to travel 1/2 way across the country to find an honest dealer that shows customers the courtesy and respect they deserve.
This, all day long.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If they back track I think there will be problems from Ford with their dealership. Now that changing dealers has been extended until January, I will wait to switch until just before ordering opens up.
Keep an eye on that, unless it's in writing from Ford, I don't know how far I'd trust that it was switched. I tried to call Ford last night... they were closed. But I'm so skeptical anymore that I trust no one :rolleyes: That probably comes from dealing with this group buy for 2+ months with all the shady dealers I've spoken to.

Kris87

Wildtrak
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f-150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm going to try and explain how I understand this mess, and people can come in here and tell me no I'm wrong or whatever they want. But until I see something in official writing, all I can do is guess.

@Kris87 says Ford has very strict rules and harsh penalties if you disobey them on x-plan. @Granger Ford as well as Stephen's (and even one more very far away that I know of) say they are offering $1,000 below invoice. How they do it, isn't my problem, as long as it is done.

The problems we have now are too many rumors from ALL sides of the fence and Ford isn't confirming a damn thing.

I can't see Granger or Stephen's screwing their customers like that, the backlash alone would sink their dealership. Maybe Kris87 is right on his end, but he doesn't work at Granger or Stephen's so he really has no idea what or how they are doing it.

So to close out my rambling, if the deal at Granger worked for me, I'd feel comfortable with taking it. But financially, and time to ship and all that, it just doesn't work for me. Eventually we'll have concrete information. I take these discussions as shedding light onto things we should be asking the local dealers about. (Ie. down payments, doc fees if NO x-plan, below invoice, access credit plus x-plan?)

I can't control what any dealer chooses to do. I asked Ford for clarification, and they emailed me back the answer. I thought I'd posted that already.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I can't control what any dealer chooses to do. I asked Ford for clarification, and they emailed me back the answer. I thought I'd posted that already.
You can post all you want, just like I can screenshot and post all I want. But at this point, unless I see it directly from Ford to me, then I'm not going to believe it 100%. That's where logic has to play a role.

Granger offers $1,000 below? If they screwed customers they'd be done. They must have a way.

x-plan for Bronco? Not a specialty vehicle, therefor no reason for Ford NOT to offer it. And consider the backlash Ford would take on that.

Date to change reservations moved to January? No official email from Ford, for now I assume it to still be October 31st.

Like I said, logic... take in all the information and deduce what I believe it to be.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it turns into a clusterfuck (original dealer, switching, xplan, whatever) and I feel anything isn't kosher, I'll just get my $100 back, buy a used FJ Cruiser for a couple years, and wait for Broncos to be on the lot. I would love to be one of the first but not by paying a premium.
Sponsored