Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not looking to drive out, or fly. And really not looking to drive that far back. Shipping isn't quite coming in cheap enough either to really make it worth my time. But that's me.

I'm assuming that some definitely are thinking about it. Especially in the other thread for the Md. peeps.
i’m gonna try my best to stay local but not looking forward to haggling.
Sponsored

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats your math look like comparing stephens and travel to brewster?
Brewster is about 2.5 hours but i have to drive through GW bridge to get up there. ive been stuck on that bridge for hours and hours. the thought of going north gives me agita. What’s the Brewster offer? Stephens is 1k off invoice. For my WT with Lux package that could be 2,500 in savings. plus i’ve got a buddy in WV that I need to visit.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
anyone considering Stephen Auto Center in WV? they are below invoice which means thousands in savings. i’m thinking of switching my resy to them depending on what my NJ dealer has to offer when pricing is released. it’s 7 hour drive for me to WV or $300 flight from Philly to Charleston.
I was, but after doing the math, it's not really worth the savings vs Brewster. The way the math works out, (invoice msrp+options invoice+dest+doc fees+tax) it works out to $870 compared to Brewster. (no matter what options model you get). Oh and that's PA tax. I forget what NJ tax is...

Then add in flight and gas home, stopping along the way, maybe hotel? Idk. Doesn't seem worth it to me.

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was, but after doing the math, it's not really worth the savings vs Brewster. The way the math works out, (invoice msrp+options invoice+dest+doc fees+tax) it works out to $870 compared to Brewster. (no matter what options model you get). Oh and that's PA tax. I forget what NJ tax is...

Then add in flight and gas home, stopping along the way, maybe hotel? Idk. Doesn't seem worth it to me.
here's the math, if you want to run your own numbers:

((Base Invoice MSRP + (Options MSRP/1.06) + 1495) - 1000)*1.06625+265 --> Stephens
(Base Invoice MSRP + (Options MSRP/1.06) + 1495) - *1.06625+75 --> Brewster

Brewster - Stephens = $876 for NJ (no matter what model or options)

I got the 1.06 for invoice from Granger post saying options are usually marked up 6%. You can adjust if you think it's less. There's a post on here somewhere stating that.
You'd get the Options MSRP from the B&P.
I got the base invoice MSRP from the same post. It links to another spreadsheet someone put together.
1.06625 is for NJ's tax.
265 are Stephen's doc fees
75 are Brewsters doc fees.
PA doesn't charge tax on doc fees, idk if NY does. Stephen's doc fee total already includes tax.

I think this is the most accurate from my research, but if someone thinks otherwise, let me know! or if there's errors in my equation (wouldn't be the first time!)

hope that helps.

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

((Base Invoice MSRP + (Options MSRP/1.06) + 1495) - 1000)*1.06625+265 --> Stephens

I got the 1.06 for invoice from Granger post saying options are usually marked up 6%. You can adjust if you think it's less. There's a post on here somewhere stating that.
I got the base invoice MSRP from the same post. It links to another spreadsheet someone put together.
1.06625 is for NJ's tax.
PA doesn't charge tax on doc fees, idk if NY does. Stephen's doc fee total already includes tax.

I think this is the most accurate from my research, but if someone thinks otherwise, let me know! or if there's errors in my equation (wouldn't be the first time!)

hope that helps.
this does help thanks. brewster may be able to do NJ registration too. saves me from the COVID DMV which is worth at least $876... thanks!

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

1.06625 is for NJ's tax.

hope that helps.
Just a quick thought, shouldn't it be MSRP (as shown in B&P) * .94? Effectively removing your 6% mark-up which is being shown? That's only for options though, can't do that to initial vehicle price. We already know MSRP & Dealer Invoice on that.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just a quick thought, shouldn't it be MSRP (as shown in B&P) * .94? Effectively removing your 6% mark-up which is being shown? That's only for options though, can't do that to initial vehicle price. We already know MSRP & Dealer Invoice on that.
If you multiply by .94 you're taking 6% off a number, not figuring out what a number is + 6%. Doing .94 will get you close enough (probably only 10's maybe 100's), but call me OCD, I like to be as accurate as I can.

I pulled the base Invoice numbers off that spreadsheet... zero idea how accurate they are, or where they came from. I've also read of people saying the MSRP markup on the base is less than the markup on the options. But yes, if you wanted to just do flat 6% markup, I'd take MSRP from the B&P and divide by 1.06 or whatever percentage you want to take off.

Here's the thread I based my calculations off: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ld-price-for-invoice-price-calculations.7173/

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
this does help thanks. brewster may be able to do NJ registration too. saves me from the COVID DMV which is worth at least $876... thanks!
oh, and I see you're in Haddonfield... my buddy from HS lives over in Collingswood. You can avoid the GW and take 287 and the Tapenzee... not terribly better. But better than the GW. I also think the toll is much less. There might be another way to cut over, but I haven't really looked into it much.
(MSRP/1.06) will give you a slightly higher number than (MSRP * 0.94).
I prefer using the (MSRP * 0.94) or simply (MSRP - 6%).
Either method is just an estimate to get from MSRP to invoice for the added options, based on Alfred @Granger's recommendation.

Invoice prices for the various models are here:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...eet-x-plan-vs-invoice-and-below-invoice.2319/
Not higher... More accurate ?

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
But yes. You're right. It's just an estimate to give you an idea. Who knows. Maybe markup is only 4% and those invoice numbers in that spreadsheet are wrong. ?‍♂

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Brewster is about 2.5 hours but i have to drive through GW bridge to get up there. ive been stuck on that bridge for hours and hours. the thought of going north gives me agita. What’s the Brewster offer? Stephens is 1k off invoice. For my WT with Lux package that could be 2,500 in savings. plus i’ve got a buddy in WV that I need to visit.
Drive farther north on your side of the river and come across the Bear Mountain Bridge instead. Rt6 will take you right into Brewster.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Off topic here, but if anyone in this group is getting a 4 door OBX or WT and wants to trade their tube step for rock rails from a BL (which are more expensive), let me know. Just posting it here since most of us are somewhat close in distance.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Off topic here, but if anyone in this group is getting a 4 door OBX or WT and wants to trade their tube step for rock rails from a BL (which are more expensive), let me know. Just posting it here since most of us are somewhat close in distance.
HA. I was going to eventually post the same exact thing. Looks like your competition in the marketplace just increased 100%. lol
Sponsored