Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was going to switch to Stephens but after it seems that so many switched I felt like there is a chance I would have to wait even if I reserved early. I doubt Ford will give more allocations to them compared to other larger dealers.
Yeah. I have a bad feeling this whole move a bunch of reservations to one dealer is going to backfire. Hopefully I'm wrong. Really hope I'm wrong.

I'll probably end up being a chump and pay MSRP. Not being a jerk, but in the end it's only like $1300 for the builds I'm looking at.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

^^^ The killer for those of us buying in Pa is the Doc and Tag fees. Max doc fee in Pa is presently $389 and one quote I got for tag fees was $200-300.... so $620-ish on top of MSRP.
Brewsters in NY is Invoice +$75 doc fee but we'll have to pay title, tag and state inspection when we bring it back into Pa.
Bergey's in Lansdale, Pa is MSRP-$500 which helps cut the fees.
Leonardstown in Md (MSRP-3%, +$499 doc fee) is decent for a Base/Big Bend.
Winner in Dover, Del was MSRP and $1000 credit for accessories. I don't believe we've gotten confirmation on doc fees tho.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
^^^ The killer for those of us buying in Pa is the Doc and Tag fees. Max doc fee in Pa is presently $389 and one quote I got for tag fees was $200-300.... so $620-ish on top of MSRP.
Brewsters in NY is Invoice +$75 doc fee but we'll have to pay title, tag and state inspection when we bring it back into Pa.
Bergey's in Lansdale, Pa is MSRP-$500 which helps cut the fees.
Leonardstown in Md (MSRP-3%, +$499 doc fee) is decent for a Base/Big Bend.
Winner in Dover, Del was MSRP and $1000 credit for accessories. I don't believe we've gotten confirmation on doc fees tho.
Wow. Yeah, I really didn't know much about doc fees till this forum. I checked the paper work on the Tahoe I bought in 2018, and doc fees were only $75. That was at Lafferty Chevy in Warminster (now Patriot Chevy). They don't have a Ford dealership tho.

But this is good to know about now and will certainly ask this question when I start shopping my build around.

Which btw, when is anyone going to start doing that? I still have decisions to make on what model, some options, color, etc... My plan is once dealers start getting the sports to go check out color. Looks like my local dealer is getting an area 51 sport. So I definitely want to go check that out.

Atomicdog

Base
First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow. Yeah, I really didn't know much about doc fees till this forum. I checked the paper work on the Tahoe I bought in 2018, and doc fees were only $75. That was at Lafferty Chevy in Warminster (now Patriot Chevy). They don't have a Ford dealership tho.

But this is good to know about now and will certainly ask this question when I start shopping my build around.

Which btw, when is anyone going to start doing that? I still have decisions to make on what model, some options, color, etc... My plan is once dealers start getting the sports to go check out color. Looks like my local dealer is getting an area 51 sport. So I definitely want to go check that out.
I’m going to make my offers as soon as ordering opens up, they agree and I make my order immediately. I’m aiming for $500 under MSRP and NO doc fees.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Oh, and I don't think Tag fees are going to be that much. When we moved out here from NJ and had to buy PA tags & registration, I only remember it being like $125ish.

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here's some pretty good info https://www.edmunds.com/car-buying/what-fees-should-you-pay.html

Damn! Oklahoma sales taxes on new cars is high! 11.5%! I thought NJ was pretty high at 6.625 which ironically is one of the lower states. They still get me in the property tax tho.
That's insane!

Just to clarify on PA... It's 6% unless the vehicle is registered in Allegheny County, then there's also a 1% local sales tax. In Philadelphia, there's an additional 2% sales tax when you register your vehicle.

Philadelphia is such a rip off... Best thing to ever happen to me is this whole WFH thing, I no longer have to pay Philadelphia City Wage Tax, which is the highest in the country! (I live in Bucks)

jswing

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base

broncoSJ

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was doing some comparison of costs for other SUVs and Jeeps compared to Loaded WT at MSRP of $55k. $55k is actually not that bad compared to a jeep or other manufacturers like Defender or TRD Pro 4runner and random SUVs that are not off road capable (Acura, Honda, Infiniti). Full loaded WT is right there or less but comes with more off road capability - 35s, lifted Sasquatch, trail cameras, etc. TRD Pro is nearest comparison around $52k but it’s outdated with old tech and it’s not a convertible. Just random thoughts to justify a $55k purchase...

BigSteveO

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

state fees with invoice + lifetime powertrain.
Do you know if they revised their warranty so it can be Serviced at any Ford dealer. I would be all in but being from Maine I can't drive to NY for services covered under the warranty.

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you know if they revised their warranty so it can be Serviced at any Ford dealer. I would be all in but being from Maine I can't drive to NY for services covered under the warranty.
Maintenance needs documented (details... would suggest a Ford dealer only so it in the system
Repairs need to be there if within a 100 miles at breakdown, otherwise you have to call and get approval
What I understood from the warranty details ( on here like 10 -15 pages ago)

dangerdave

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Expedition EL, Bronco (not soon enough)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just wanted to make sure I was in on the pricing for Bronco6G members :)

NateL

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F250 2014 Ford Escape 1947 Ford PU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The one caveat I found from reading the warranty “fine print” is the warranter (I.e. Brewster Ford) needs to inspect the vehicle annually within 30 days of warranty activation anniversary. Which means an annual trip to Brewster for that inspection in order to keep the warranty active.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Send @Johnny Mo a DM, with the info he's looking for and he can probably help you with the rest.

From what I remember, if further out that 100 miles (don't quote me on that), they want you to keep perfect records of all maintenance. As for repairs I "think" can be done at any Ford dealer.. but once again not 100% certain on this, and since Johhny Mo is handling this group (Brewster deal), he'd be the one to get you that confirmation.

Last edited:
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The one caveat I found from reading the warranty “fine print” is the warranter (I.e. Brewster Ford) needs to inspect the vehicle annually within 30 days of warranty activation anniversary. Which means an annual trip to Brewster for that inspection in order to keep the warranty active.
A side note to that, am I correct in saying this warranty doesn't kick in until the Ford warranty runs out? I'm not sure, maybe someone knows that answer.
Sponsored