Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah that's pretty shocking. Chapman mentioned I still have deadly sins but at this point, this is what I want and if I have to wait... so be it.
I don't mind waiting as long as I get what I want. I don't want to give up something like sasquatch just to get my bronco a little earlier.
This is pretty much where I am, wait for the build I think I want. I may end up trading in for a 2023 if I chose poorly.
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still trying to figure out wtf the differences between badlands and sasquatch suspension components truly are. Figured there probably wasn't enough difference since it's been pretty hush hush about it.
I already have a capable off roader with 34's. Not having to modify the bronco is what keeps me from removing sasquatch.

BecauseMotor

Wildtrak
First Name
Springer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI, Ducati Panigale 959, Triumph T100
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I already have a capable off roader with 34's. Not having to modify the bronco is what keeps me from removing sasquatch.
I also thought I would get the top of the line vehicle and not modify it. But then I remembered I've said that about every vehicle I have owned and modified lol This bronco will 100% be modified with aftermarket parts to my liking.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm tempted to remove Sasquatch after my quick and dirty calculation showed me how few will be available. I wish I knew my place in line, but my sales person isn't very communicative over email. I feel like if you're not in the first batch, you'll probably be a '22.
I think someone at Ford really messed up. Of course the first year would be heavy 2-door and sasquatch.
I had to find out my place in line, over the phone. If I've learned anything while dealing with my local dealer Sales Manager, it's that there's some things they just don't want a trail of info for, likely to protect themselves. Initially e-mails were answered. Then as my questions dove deeper, things got silent. When I went in to convert order and sign paperwork, he gave me his cell number - SWEET! But that got old fast. Eventually answers would come in the form of a call back, which is great, but there's some things I wanted in writing, to protect ME. In fact, I HATE calls, and would much rather a back and forth through messages. Regardless, I found the best way to get ahold of them is talking on the phone. I know it's not as convenient as tossing a message over the fence and hoping to get a message back, but it avoids the feeling that you're being avoided or ignored as hours, days or weeks pass without contact. I think a lot of people's frustrations would lessen, if they went the old fashioned route and used their phone as a phone for once. Good luck finding out!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also thought I would get the top of the line vehicle and not modify it. But then I remembered I've said that about every vehicle I have owned and modified lol This bronco will 100% be modified with aftermarket parts to my liking.
Truth here. Especially when it looks like the sasquatch package need another inch or two lift.

My other lie to myself is, this is finally the car I'll keep forever. The Bronco will be the 10th consecutive car (not including 2 motorcycles) in the 30 years I've been legally driving.

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had to find out my place in line, over the phone. If I've learned anything while dealing with my local dealer Sales Manager, it's that there's some things they just don't want a trail of info for, likely to protect themselves. Initially e-mails were answered. Then as my questions dove deeper, things got silent. When I went in to convert order and sign paperwork, he gave me his cell number - SWEET! But that got old fast. Eventually answers would come in the form of a call back, which is great, but there's some things I wanted in writing, to protect ME. In fact, I HATE calls, and would much rather a back and forth through messages. Regardless, I found the best way to get ahold of them is talking on the phone. I know it's not as convenient as tossing a message over the fence and hoping to get a message back, but it avoids the feeling that you're being avoided or ignored as hours, days or weeks pass without contact. I think a lot of people's frustrations would lessen, if they went the old fashioned route and used their phone as a phone for once. Good luck finding out!
I hate talking on the phone, but answered the few times they called. I asked for confirmation on adding the MIC headliner, crickets. I understand them not wanting a paper trail, but I think I've asked 3 things, like, update my address, add headliner, and what number am I. The only response I got was from the forwarded Ford headliner email and it was, 'yeah, i have to update a bunch of orders'. 🤷‍♂️

I realize calling would get me answers, but I don't really care that much. The Bronco will arrive when it's supposed to, with whatever options end up on it. Whatever configuration arrives, I can't imagine I'd refuse it. I started second guessing 4DR. I like the extra space and the longer wheel base, I think, but maybe the 2DR will be more fun to drive? Short wheel bases can be bouncy and twitchy. I don't really like choosing options I've not had experience with.
Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and order my preferred build. Maybe I'll trade it in for a '23 that I like better.

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate talking on the phone, but answered the few times they called. I asked for confirmation on adding the MIC headliner, crickets. I understand them not wanting a paper trail, but I think I've asked 3 things, like, update my address, add headliner, and what number am I. The only response I got was from the forwarded Ford headliner email and it was, 'yeah, i have to update a bunch of orders'. 🤷‍♂️

I realize calling would get me answers, but I don't really care that much. The Bronco will arrive when it's supposed to, with whatever options end up on it. Whatever configuration arrives, I can't imagine I'd refuse it. I started second guessing 4DR. I like the extra space and the longer wheel base, I think, but maybe the 2DR will be more fun to drive? Short wheel bases can be bouncy and twitchy. I don't really like choosing options I've not had experience with.
Who knows? Maybe I'll get lucky and order my preferred build. Maybe I'll trade it in for a '23 that I like better.
Well I hope it works out for you. I know what you mean about twitchy and bouncy, as my FJ40 has a 90" WB, and it's squirrelly AF with manual steering that has too much play, and 4" lift springs that rattle my skeleton. But my 1989 Pickup has a 104" WB and is like getting in a limo after driving the FJ40. So I'm really hoping the 2DR. Bronco with current suspension technology is a non-issue as far as twitchy or bouncy. I imagine for me, it will be like a spaceship in comparison.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well I hope it works out for you. I know what you mean about twitchy and bouncy, as my FJ40 has a 90" WB, and it's squirrelly AF with manual steering that has too much play, and 4" lift springs that rattle my skeleton. But my 1989 Pickup has a 104" WB and is like getting in a limo after driving the FJ40. So I'm really hoping the 2DR. Bronco with current suspension technology is a non-issue as far as twitchy or bouncy. I imagine for me, it will be like a spaceship in comparison.
Great looking FJ40 you got!
Man, a 2DR Velocity Blue manual Bronco has me looking away form my 4DR Rapid Red build...

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Basemansquatch club?
I would still have to go Badlands for the anti-sway disconnect. So, my 2DR would be VB, Badlands, V6 or V8, manual, sasquatch. Thing is, I prefer auto for off-road.
If the Bronco lives up to it's hype and I find a better build in '23, I'll trade it in. Otherwise I'll move up my idea to build something like an IH Scout with a modern driveline, suspension, and interior and ditch the Bronco.
The Bonco just seems fun and a nice diversion, but I don't think it will be a long-term option. New cars are too complicated to keep for long; they become disposable because they are too expensive to keep running while staying within all the regulations.

Sponsored

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
I would still have to go Badlands for the anti-sway disconnect. So, my 2DR would be VB, Badlands, V6 or V8, manual, sasquatch. Thing is, I prefer auto for off-road.
If the Bronco lives up to it's hype and I find a better build in '23, I'll trade it in. Otherwise I'll move up my idea to build something like an IH Scout with a modern driveline, suspension, and interior and ditch the Bronco.
The Bonco just seems fun and a nice diversion, but I don't think it will be a long-term option. New cars are too complicated to keep for long; they become disposable because they are too expensive to keep running while staying within all the regulations.
devils advocate, why not go quick disconnects if sway bar is that important?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

devils advocate, why not go quick disconnects if sway bar is that important?
I'm lazy. I was considering G4x42 portal axles so i could put a central tire inflation/deflation system in and control it from the cockpit. $70k and a 7.5 foot roof height made me think better.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't believe I have just totally changed my order again 😅 😅 . I was looking at BD w/ Sasquatch, which comes out around $46k before taxes. I was looking at my original build of a base 2 door w/ Sasquatch, bash plates, steel front bumper, 2.7 w/ 10 speed automatic and it comes out around $41k. I don't see the point of spending like $5-6k more for some grab handles, Marine vinyl and rubber flooring. I can get the grab handles aftermarket and probably get nice seat covers or seats altogether cheaper.

Last edited: