Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Do you have inside knowledge. If so and it's true, I'ma have a meltdown with all this gatekeeping..
Nope. I'm just going by the only way to get mid/high/lux with a stick is via the BL. If there is not a "large" difference in required engineering to get the stick to handle 35"s then it stands to my reasoning anyway that it is only going to hit the BL. 🤷
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can't believe I have just totally changed my order again 😅 😅 . I was looking at BD w/ Sasquatch, which comes out around $46k before taxes. I was looking at my original build of a base 2 door w/ Sasquatch, bash plates, steel front bumper, 2.7 w/ 10 speed automatic and it comes out around $41k. I don't see the point of spending like $5-6k more for some grab handles, Marine vinyl and rubber flooring. I can get the grab handles aftermarket and probably get nice seat covers or seats altogether cheaper.
I'm still in for an AMB BaseSquatch with 2.7 and mod bumper..... haven't deviated from the plan yet! BD was a consideration, but you get less (hard core drivetrain) for more $$.
We'll see what MY22 brings. I may consider a different color or, if available, a 'mini-squatch' with 33's, nice wheels, and no front locker.

Anybody concerned with door-ding prevention? Thinking some rock rails that extend out a bit will help. Might help keep the crap from spraying up on the doors as well. AMB is gonna be high-maintenance to keep looking decent.

Looking forward to the previews in a couple of weeks, especially to see AMB in person! Wish they would bring a 2 door tho! wtf!

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm still in for an AMB BaseSquatch with 2.7 and mod bumper..... haven't deviated from the plan yet! BD was a consideration, but you get less (hard core drivetrain) for more $$.
We'll see what MY22 brings. I may consider a different color or, if available, a 'mini-squatch' with 33's, nice wheels, and no front locker.

Anybody concerned with door-ding prevention? Thinking some rock rails that extend out a bit will help. Might help keep the crap from spraying up on the doors as well. AMB is gonna be high-maintenance to keep looking decent.

Looking forward to the previews in a couple of weeks, especially to see AMB in person! Wish they would bring a 2 door tho! wtf!
For rock rails I will probably see what the ones from 4wp will cost. Looks like they have some nice stuff coming out

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First mods for me will be sliders, skids/bash, WT black horse emblem, long range america fuel tank (or equivalent), black ford emblem / de-badge. I want to make sure protection is good before I go bashing it on the rocks. On the G, everything is mounted above the frame rails, so all I needed was a single plate below the transmission and transfer case.
I'll be looking at front mud flaps. I hate being at camp with the door handles covered in mud.

If I get an early delivery, I'll take it over to OK4WD and have Rin put it up on a lift so we can crawl over it and identify some possible weak spots. It sounds like Ford already gave that info to 4WP, so I'll be watching the pieces they bring out.
I'm thinking stock will be more than enough for what I want to tackle while I wait for the aftermarket to catch up with options.

BigBronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Silverado, 2021 XC90
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is there a chance that an aftermarket lift will be available by July or will it take longer to develop? I'm hoping to go straight from the dealer to my mechanic for mods.

Sponsored

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First mods for me will be sliders, skids/bash, WT black horse emblem, long range america fuel tank (or equivalent), black ford emblem / de-badge. I want to make sure protection is good before I go bashing it on the rocks. On the G, everything is mounted above the frame rails, so all I needed was a single plate below the transmission and transfer case.
I'll be looking at front mud flaps. I hate being at camp with the door handles covered in mud.

If I get an early delivery, I'll take it over to OK4WD and have Rin put it up on a lift so we can crawl over it and identify some possible weak spots. It sounds like Ford already gave that info to 4WP, so I'll be watching the pieces they bring out.
I'm thinking stock will be more than enough for what I want to tackle while I wait for the aftermarket to catch up with options.
Wait.... what? How does a city boy know OK4WD? In Stewartsville? Or is there one out your way?

I'm holding off on calling them about wheels, I assume they have no clue either. But if I remember correctly wasn't it the owner who got to see the new Bronco like last summer? I'm dying to find out if 295's will fit on my BB with some new wheels, prefer them over the 285's.

Is there a chance that an aftermarket lift will be available by July or will it take longer to develop? I'm hoping to go straight from the dealer to my mechanic for mods.
4WP already had a lift. I'd imagine we'd at least some some simple lifts early on. Then the more advanced types shouldn't be too far out. But that's just my guess.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wait.... what? How does a city boy know OK4WD? In Stewartsville? Or is there one out your way?

I'm holding off on calling them about wheels, I assume they have no clue either. But if I remember correctly wasn't it the owner who got to see the new Bronco like last summer? I'm dying to find out if 295's will fit on my BB with some new wheels, prefer them over the 285's.

4WP already had a lift. I'd imagine we'd at least some some simple lifts early on. Then the more advanced types shouldn't be too far out. But that's just my guess.
I grew up in Flemington and met Rin and Jim via a mutual friend. We've gone camping and off-roading in VT at Vermont Overland Rally (rip) the last couple years. They're the ones who installed my spring spacer lift and tires on the G. My sig pic is from one of the VT trips.
I think OK4WD's pics of the Bronco was the first closeup of the fender nuts.
https://ok4wd.com/blog/reveal-of-the-ford-bronco/
Man, I miss VT...
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1617977368459

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Nissan really needs to step up and release a new xterra.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1617977610068
I hope they do the frontier right and offer good aftermarket.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

There are at least a few. Ford is supposed to have a 2", 4WP had one and the "Fun Haver" Loren Healy company is developing one for 40"s.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think delay is the wrong term, there will be no delay on Sasquatch, it will be available right away just like other options, Modular top will be a delay. What Sasquatch can do is delay YOUR order because they have more orders for it than they can build so they'll schedule the Sasquatchs they can for that week, then if they're out when your order comes up, they'll skip it for one without.

Now on to CAFE

First, I'm not expert, so this is just my understanding of CAFE. Second, there are lots of other things involved, so this is a basic idea of CAFE, I know there's a lot of math and variables involved, but this is my understanding.

Cafe has a target, was 35, Obama raised it to go up to 54 MPG by 2025, Trump rescinded that increase and I have no idea what the "fleet" target is right now. Off of that target different lines get different targets, so if 35 was the target, full sized pickups might be given a 20 MPG target and economy cars a 50 mpg target. So just because its lower than the fleet average, something might still be a positive toward a fleet average. I was told that F-150 is a positive in Ford's CAFE ratings. This also means that even though Ford sells a ton of F-150's and a handful of MachE, they can still hit their target.

Now within each line I believe they average the sales and use that number. This can happen in more than on way. Mustang GT comes with 3.31, 3.55 or 3.73 gears, yet all are rated for the same fuel economy rating. Look at F-150, a 3.31 geared XL Regular cab 4x4 and a Platinum Crew 4x4 with 3.55's will have the same rating even though real world will be far apart. Now I don't know if they use an average, biggest seller, best economy or what way they rate them, I'm guessing best economy, a few years ago 5.3L 4x4 Silverado's came standard with 3.08 gears for EPA ratings, but I only saw one truck ever that didn't have 3.42 or better (which real world got better mileage since 3.08 with the low torque 5.3L wouldn't hold 6th gear).

Also its a fleet average, so each one will have a target, but if F-150 exceeds its target and Bronco is below it they can average each other out and still be OK. I'm betting Bronco will be a negative, but it will still have a number Ford will have to hit to keep it close enough that other lines can offset it.

Now within each line different things can get different fuel economy ratings, different drivelines, and now even the Ranger Tremor which is just tires, etc. These different ratings get averaged to get that lines CAFE rating (I believe weighted by production volume). So for example (these are fake numbers, I have no idea what ratings will be) if a Bronco 2.3L auto gets .5 MPG better than Ford's target for rating and a Sasquatch 2.7L is 5 mpg less than its target, you'd have to build 10 2.3L's to offset the one 2.7L Sas. This is why I think Sasquatch will be limited.

If anyone knows more about CAFE, I'd be happy to learn, my knowledge is just enough to be dangerous. So again this is just my interpretation of CAFE.
More conjecture from me...
So, Sasquatch is not limited by the number of parts on hand, but by the percentage of Broncos Ford wants to build with 'low' fuel mileage to not get fined.

Also, I had in mind Ford would build by reservation time, but what they're really doing is ensuring the order queue is roughly ordered by dealer/timestamp batches, avoiding dealers putting whatever order they want first.

So you'll still need an early reservation to get 2.7 Sasquatch in '21, but we probably won't see the first few truckloads of Sasquatches, then no-more until '22. I was thinking that if I didn't get an estimated delivery time in May, which would maybe cover the first month, there would be zero chance of getting my build as all the parts would be used up. Now that it sounds like they will ration builds, I'll be checking every day for updates...

Sponsored

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I grew up in Flemington and met Rin and Jim via a mutual friend. We've gone camping and off-roading in VT at Vermont Overland Rally (rip) the last couple years. They're the ones who installed my spring spacer lift and tires on the G. My sig pic is from one of the VT trips.
Man, I miss VT...
Yeah I don't "know" the guys like you do, but I've been there plenty of times for misc. stuff. Since I got the wife's tires & wheels there last, figured I'd do the same for my Bronco. They aren't the cheapest compared to some online places, but they are competitive and local.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man, I miss VT...
Love VT too. Went to school in VT. Hoping to hit up the off-roadeo up there. Wherever it is.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I don't "know" the guys like you do, but I've been there plenty of times for misc. stuff. Since I got the wife's tires & wheels there last, figured I'd do the same for my Bronco. They aren't the cheapest compared to some online places, but they are competitive and local.
It helps when you have a unique vehicle. People remember the G out on the trails and not many show up at the 4WD shop asking for mud tires...
I wish it wasn't a 10 yr old mercedes, otherwise I'd keep it.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Love VT too. Went to school in VT. Hoping to hit up the off-roadeo up there. Wherever it is.
It sounds like VT doesn't want Ford in their state.

https://www.vnews.com/Woodstock-Inn-and-Resort-drops-Suicide-Six-off-roading-proposal-39855462

“So that you hear it from me first, we have heard the Pomfret residents, and are very much aligned with the concerns of our neighbors, friends and family. This morning, our senior management team met with the stakeholders and have taken active steps and advised Adventure ORX to withdraw their state and local permit applications,” Tim Reiter, general manager of Suicide Six, posted on the Pomfret Listserv on Tuesday afternoon.

:aside, Peter Vollers, quoted in the article, was the one who organized Vermont Overland Rally. That pic was us camping on his property.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Anyone know which Broncos are at Koons Fall Church today.
Sponsored