Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Sponsored

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Nice! Hoping to hear from my sales guy soon.

bcd

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Any theories on how Ford sets up the line(s)? I would assume they'd do the highest margin products w/ the most amount of vehicles to be built first - total margin $'s per line run. I'd assume that would be FE, WT, BL w/ more packages etc (LUX, SAS, etc.) - until you hit commodity constraints etc.

To be clear, I'm just a guy typing on a forum during a zoom call. I assume some of you actually know how this stuff works.

Sponsored

Drunken Wisdom (END)

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Any theories on how Ford sets up the line(s)? I would assume they'd do the highest margin products w/ the most amount of vehicles to be built first - total margin $'s per line run. I'd assume that would be FE, WT, BL w/ more packages etc (LUX, SAS, etc.) - until you hit commodity constraints etc.

To be clear, I'm just a guy typing on a forum during a zoom call. I assume some of you actually know how this stuff works.
Well you got most of us all pegged wrong, because we don't know shit! 😁
Most everything out there is speculation. It was stated awhile back that a BB, 2.3l soft top, was the most likely to be built (first??? who knows). I've also seen rumors that the Squatch constraint may or may not have to do with CAFE requirements (that right there pushes out less FE, WT & Squatch builds).

So just based on the BB build being the "possible" leader in all this (and I don't think the take was all that big on BB's), that throws the profit margin theory out of the water.

So basically, yeah we don't know shit, sorry.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Official Update from Brewster:

[40 allocations, 7 slotted for first build cycle]
I read that as 17% of allocations, so I guess somewhere between 8 and 13. Also, 17% of allocations makes sense because there are only 6 months to build '21's (17*6=102).
30% of 157 is 47, 17% of 47 is 8
40% of 197 is 78, 17% of 78 is 13
Hmm, guess I was a little optimistic... 🤷‍♂️ ;):p

So, my new guess for my build with 2.7/sasquatch/lux, #11 at Brewster, ~10:30PM timestamp.
Without constraint I would be in month 2 (7/mo * 6months = 42 broncos)
I'm thinking with constraint, I'll be lucky to get month 4 build.

Ford just shut down Bronco Sport Badlands orders for the rest of '21. That indicates to me CAFE constraint is real. I'm sure if it was a parts issue, they could get the supplier to deliver some more in the next 4-6 months. Maybe they're opening up more Bronco 2.7 builds? Or there just won't be many WT's or 2.7/Sasquatch build slots because they're mostly taken by FE's. I wonder if Ford will build even 1/2 of the first 24hr reservations with 2.7/Sasquatch that aren't FE's.

All speculation, and I'm a bit biased, but Ford advertising an awesome off road truck with unheard of tire option knowing they would only build a small number of them feels like bait and switch. They should have charged double for Sasquatch and 2.7 if they knew they would only build a handful. Let the price reflect the limited availability.

I hope I'm wrong about all this.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well you got most of us all pegged wrong, because we don't know shit! 😁
Most everything out there is speculation. It was stated awhile back that a BB, 2.3l soft top, was the most likely to be built (first??? who knows). I've also seen rumors that the Squatch constraint may or may not have to do with CAFE requirements (that right there pushes out less FE, WT & Squatch builds).

So just based on the BB build being the "possible" leader in all this (and I don't think the take was all that big on BB's), that throws the profit margin theory out of the water.

So basically, yeah we don't know shit, sorry.
I just want to reiterate, I'm in the 'we don't know shit' group. Please take this into account when reading my posts!

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Im getting really excited. So happy to see that update Mo posted.

Im told Im number 28 and to see they confirmed 40 allocation makes me happy.

Only 7 in the first batch puts me on the other side of mid MY21 deliveries but I'm okay with that.

So September/October.

You get what you get and you don't complain.
Sponsored