Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I am supposed to go Saturday to danbury to see the bronco. Hopefully I will have the motivation.
I would say Just go and get it over with. It should hopefully check all the boxes of things you already know.
Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I don't even care about the hookups. The view out of the back window looks to be crap anyway.
Can someone get a pic of the view out the rear window via the rear view mirror?
I recall it was near worthless......between the rear headrests and the spare tire, there wasn't much of a view.
The side mirrors were awesome tho, they're pretty big and gave a great view.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I recall it was near worthless......between the rear headrests and the spare tire, there wasn't much of a view.
Sure. If I end up going I will try

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just another number to me. I always tell people younger than me it's all down hill once you hit 25 😅
damn, I usually tell people 28/29... :LOL:

I think I read somewhere that by 28 your body literally starts dying. It's your job to try and hold that off for as long as you can. Something about cell regeneration or something that I don't understand or try to. Actually had a lot to do with why Covid hit the older generation harder than the younger. Their bodies just aren't in a position to fight it. Meanwhile every kid I heard of getting it barely had any symptoms. And in about 30yrs Covid-19 will literally be the common cold.

anyway. nothing to do with Broncos. LOL

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm sure someone can ask them to put the top in it's normal position.

The 2 times I saw them, they had the back of the top propped up how you would access when putting stuff in, and the tailgates were always open.

It won't be a great view out the back of course with the tire there, I've always been more bothered by the rear seat headrests. Those are usually the 1st things I remove. The rest will be similar to the wife's Jeep. I tend to use the side mirrors more than the rear view.

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So just got back from Shultz ford showing. So I think I'm sold on the soft top switch especially on a day like today, beautiful outside. I was like the 2nd person there after the dealership associates were done. Top operation is super simple; one person, two latches and the thing folds right back. I'm also liking the higher contrast black top with the cyber orange paint as opposed the MIC dark grey. Photo from awhile back for reference
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_0595.JPG

I checked out the rearview mirror (sorry didn't snap a photo) and was similar to my view on the Tacoma with my softtopper on the bed. Did notice the window plastic is pretty stout and very clear at least. Will want to be very careful cleaning them as they'll probably scratch easy. The view will be, most shorter cars are going to be lost with such a high tailgate and wheel in the way.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_0618

I got a shot of the MPG's again and it doesn't bode too well for anyone expecting 20mpg return. It's actually down from 16.6 a couple weeks ago from when I went to see them in Old Bridge.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_0616

Oh well, I'm still super stoked for it and wished I was driving away from the dealer in it with the soft top open on a super nice day like today.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? IMG_0621

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You kids and your cameras.... everything has to be on video... :(

Just out of curiosity, can any one of you do a k-turn? Or even parallel park? On your own of course, not where the car does it for you 🤣

Back in MY day, we used to walk to school..... in 3 feet of snow.... uphill both ways!! Oh wait, my parents used to say that 🤔
I do agree that all this technology will make people fat, lazy and actually stupid

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1620920731440

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So just got back from Shultz ford showing. So I think I'm sold on the soft top switch especially on a day like today, beautiful outside. I was like the 2nd person there after the dealership associates were done. Top operation is super simple; one person, two latches and the thing folds right back. I'm also liking the higher contrast black top with the cyber orange paint as opposed the MIC dark grey. Photo from awhile back for reference

I checked out the rearview mirror (sorry didn't snap a photo) and was similar to my view on the Tacoma with my softtopper on the bed. Did notice the window plastic is pretty stout and very clear at least. Will want to be very careful cleaning them as they'll probably scratch easy. The view will be, most shorter cars are going to be lost with such a high tailgate and wheel in the way.

I got a shot of the MPG's again and it doesn't bode too well for anyone expecting 20mpg return. It's actually down from 16.6 a couple weeks ago from when I went to see them in Old Bridge.

Oh well, I'm still super stoked for it and wished I was driving away from the dealer in it with the soft top open on a super nice day like today.
Nice. Can't wait till one of these sexy bitches are mine

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can barely see out the back window anyways so when I get a hard top I won't care about those hookups. The rearview mirror I am getting with cont. camera view of what's behind will give me a better field of view anyway.
I've been looking at these and trying to decide if I should get one. What brand are you planning on going with? Where does the rear camera mount? Inside the window or on top of the roof?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've been looking at these and trying to decide if I should get one. What brand are you planning on going with? Where does the rear camera mount? Inside the window or on top of the roof?
either a normal dash cam where I can always view the rear like this

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089SVXZRR/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3MN5UU6XF4ROY&psc=1

or a rearview mirror that acts as a front dash cam and can always see what's behind me like this one. I am leaning towards the rearview mirror since I am already use to looking up at it when looking behind me. Plus this one has a 2k resolution view for the back. Everything else I have seen is 1080p

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089SVCW1X/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=AZK59AYX46CBC&psc=1

can mount inside or outside I believe. I will see how it looks inside through the soft top first

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wait, when did they stop calling it a k-turn? Is that not what you call it anymore? I am only 47 so not like I am that much older...
always just called it a 3 point turn, which in reality is far more accurate 😅. Even during the driving test it was called a 3 point turn

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

always just called it a 3 point turn, which in reality is far more accurate 😅. Even during the driving test it was called a 3 point turn
That's cuz the damn Millennials didn't know the alphabet... figured numbers... go as high as 3... ok that'll work for them...

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model