Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Some good points. Living in the N. Jersey, I need a hard top for the winter months. My plan was to purchase a soft top aftermarket and/or Bimini top for the summer months. I can certainly survive a year with a soft top if Ford was going to have the MIC top available later on, but without the plumbing included, I donā€™t see the point in switching to the soft top. I prob wonā€™t get mine until thereā€™s snow on the ground again.

Maybe itā€™s wine o clock again šŸ˜œ
I switched to a soft top and glad I did. I want both tops and will get a hard top when they are available from ford or aftermarket. I could give 2 shits about the hookups šŸ˜…. Don't need them for the small ass view out the back window anyway. When I switched I got my vin a week later. Once I saw the soft top in person I was happy with my choice. If I didn't want a soft top at all, like many don't, I would not have switched and just kept my order.
Sponsored

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I switched to a soft top and glad I did. I want both tops and will get a hard top when they are available from ford or aftermarket. I could give 2 shits about the hookups šŸ˜…. Don't need them for the small ass view out the back window anyway. When I switched I got my vin a week later. Once I saw the soft top in person I was happy with my choice. If I didn't want a soft top at all, like many don't, I would not have switched and just kept my order.
I hear ya, but the wiring seems to be too much of a pita to do it after the fact and I know Iā€™ll kick myself later for not getting it from the factory. Might be an issue for resale tooā€¦if I ever sell it.

Nu2Fordz

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, BMW M6, GMC Acadia
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This was posted in another thread. I know it's a different vehicle, but the hardware kit to convert a soft top Jeep to hard top is only $179.99, and it includes the new stalk (wiper control) and the new dash control panel (defroster control). I looked at the instructions, didn't look that bad, either for a DYI, or labor for a dealer or collision shop. I know its a different vehicle, but how bad could the Bronco kit be? I converted hard top BL to soft top BL and have my VIN and build date. I eventually will get a hard top. If they can fly a freakin drone on Mars I'm thinking I can get my hardtop wired and plumbed. I know the cost of the hardtop is a different issue, but I guess in this situation you gotta pick your poison.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hardtop-wiring-kit-late-wrangler-jk

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I hear ya, but the wiring seems to be too much of a pita to do it after the fact and I know Iā€™ll kick myself later for not getting it from the factory. Might be an issue for resale tooā€¦if I ever sell it.
Oh I'm it doing any kind of wiring. I have a rear view mirror that is hooked up to a camera so I can always see what's behind me. Far better than just looking out the back window. It's essentially a backup camera that is always on.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

This was posted in another thread. I know it's a different vehicle, but the hardware kit to convert a soft top Jeep to hard top is only $179.99, and it includes the new stalk (wiper control) and the new dash control panel (defroster control). I looked at the instructions, didn't look that bad, either for a DYI, or labor for a dealer or collision shop. I know its a different vehicle, but how bad could the Bronco kit be? I converted hard top BL to soft top BL and have my VIN and build date. I eventually will get a hard top. If they can fly a freakin drone on Mars I'm thinking I can get my hardtop wired and plumbed. I know the cost of the hardtop is a different issue, but I guess in this situation you gotta pick your poison.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/mopar/hardtop-wiring-kit-late-wrangler-jk
Sure the hook ups should be possible. What annoys me the most is the price of a new hard top.

Ford never thought to have this shit nailed down 2 years ago (they new the vehicle was coming) and now anyone who wants to try and jump the line will be staring down a $3000 price tag later on just to have the hard top that should've been good well before production.

And that's why I have no desire to go for the soft top. Because if I did, it'd stay a soft top.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am in no rush to get a hard top. As I see it I would be spending the money either way since I would eventually want both. By time I will be looking for a hard top I will be done with school and will buy that as a graduating gift to myself. Hell a few per diem shifts as an NP will pay for most of it šŸ¤£

AU98

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Best concert ever - Pink Floyd. Caught the Division Bell Tour in ā€˜94, about a week after graduating high school.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw Motley Crue at MSG, amazing show!

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Bet I've been going to concerts for longer than some of you have been alive!
First concert.... UK, a free show in Philly 1978. Then Electric Light Orchestra, Rush, Styx, Kansas, Boston, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath (with Dio), Ozzy (solo), Ted Nugunt, Scorpions, AC/DC (W/ Bon Scott), Cheap Trick, UFO, Judas Priest, Stones, and many, many more.
These days I visit the smaller venues (Sellersville, Keswick) and festivals (Musikfest, Briggs Farm, Crawfish). I've expanded my interests from Rock to Blues (BB King, Sonny Landreth, Samantha Fish), Celtic (Old Blind Dogs), some Folk (Richard Thompson, Chris Smither), and am even going to a Bluegrass Festival tomorrow in Wind Gap, Pa.
Favorites of all time? Probably Rush Hemispheres tour in 1979 and then the 2010 Time Machine tour when they performed 'Moving Pictures' in it's entirety.
Upcoming for this year include Blue Oyster Cult, Frank Marino, and the Brit Floyd tribute band.

Oh, and I drink beer. Preferably an IPA in a 22 oz Musikfest mug on a hot August night in Bethlehem Pa while taking in some great music. Shinedown will be at the fest this year and I'll be there!

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First concert.... UK, a free show in Philly 1978. Then Electric Light Orchestra, Rush, Styx, Kansas, Boston, Deep Purple, Black Sabbath (with Dio), Ozzy (solo), Ted Nugunt, Scorpions, AC/DC (W/ Bon Scott), Cheap Trick, UFO, Judas Priest, Stones, and many, many more.
These days I visit the smaller venues (Sellersville, Keswick) and festivals (Musikfest, Briggs Farm, Crawfish). I've expanded my interests from Rock to Blues (BB King, Sonny Landreth, Samantha Fish), Celtic (Old Blind Dogs), some Folk (Richard Thompson, Chris Smither), and am even going to a Bluegrass Festival tomorrow in Wind Gap, Pa.
Favorites of all time? Probably Rush Hemispheres tour in 1979 and then the 2010 Time Machine tour when they performed 'Moving Pictures' in it's entirety.
Upcoming for this year include Blue Oyster Cult, Frank Marino, and the Brit Floyd tribute band.

Oh, and I drink beer. Preferably an IPA in a 22 oz Musikfest mug on a hot August night in Bethlehem Pa while taking in some great music. Shinedown will be at the fest this year and I'll be there!
Hemispheres must have been a great Rush show to see...saw my first show on my 11th birthday - Rush P/G tour in 1984. My parents dropped me and my brothers out front of MSG and said we will see you in 3 hours. First row of the upper level, so you could just see the smoke rising as soon as the lights went down. Saw them a bunch of times after that including the same day as that first show at MSG again 26 years later. Time Machine tour was great, hard to say what was best. Going to see Primus do the full A Farewell To Kings record in September (postponed from last summer), that should be one hell of a show. September is turning out to be a huge concert month - lots of outdoor shows and festivals since the weather is still good and was hard to plan indoor shows until very recently.

Trying to get into more bluegrass because I do listen to a lot of Irish stuff, but have no idea where to start. Will have to just start listening.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Any of you guys with Brewster orders changing to the soft top or got word from your sales rep to do so if you want a bronco this year?

My only hesitation is not having the hardware set up for the rear wiper/defroster. Otherwise I would switch to a soft top.
Yeah - spoke to Brian about that along with the potential discontinuation of AMB - that would entail me changing from a Wildtrak and then just adds more complexity for me.

CCBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep GC
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yeah - spoke to Brian about that along with the potential discontinuation of AMB - that would entail me changing from a Wildtrak and then just adds more complexity for me.
AMB is my color too. Iā€™m just going to stay the course and hope for the best. If Ford makes any official changes/discontinuations, Iā€™ll make adjustments then. šŸ¤ž

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Definitely longer then Iā€™ve been alive šŸ˜‰

mrxg78

Badlands
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMB is my color too. Iā€™m just going to stay the course and hope for the best. If Ford makes any official changes/discontinuations, Iā€™ll make adjustments then. šŸ¤ž
I feel you man šŸ˜”
You know, if you take the black, 99% of the time you couldnā€™t tell the difference šŸ˜ˆšŸ˜œ
Sponsored