Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

GiddyUpā€™21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander (2nd car while waiting 4 Bronco)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can live with those times. What I did NOT want was a fuckin Prius in the shape of a Bronco. And yes I will bitch about these P.O.S. turbo engines until Ford wises up and drops a V8 in a Bronco again... hopefully available in all trims, because I'm not going to pay $70k+ for that.

Thanks for doing a little drag racing this morning, hopefully you didn't get busted by the cops ;)
I test drove an A51 4dr Wildtrak at Rye Ford yesterday.

I found Normal mode to be adequate power and steady acceleration from a standstill and although I didnā€™t time it about 7-8 seconds 0-60 sounds about right. Accelerating on the highway it hit the power band faster and so no problem passing, merging, etc.

I also tried Sport mode extensively because I had heard good things and wonā€™t get it if I stick with my Badlands order. It was nothing short of awesome. Throw you back in your seat immediate power and just felt straight up nasty with the pedal to the floor from a stop and on the highway. I would not want more power than that on the highway and around town with curves, etc you could actually get into trouble given the high center of gravity and body roll. I didnā€™t try Baja in 2 High because it literally said on the dash Off-road Use Only after switching modes and I didnā€™t want to destroy the transmission and end up buying the demo model at MSRP plus markup. But Sport modeā€¦HFS! After the test drive I was more stoked about getting my Bronco than I have been in months.

Now hereā€™s the question: Iā€™m not going to use rock crawl or Baja modes any time soon so should I switch? Is there any chance to get that performance from Baja mode or a software update? I really donā€™t want to do a tune on a brand new engine that already has twin turbos as it feels like playing with fire. I am very seriously considering switching to an Outer Banks to get Sport mode and loading it up with all the other goodies including Sasquatch to make it close to my Badlands build minus the MGV and washout floors.

Has anyone else considered a change for sport mode? Curious to hear thoughts from this group.
Sponsored

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I found Normal mode to be adequate power and steady acceleration from a standstill and although I didnā€™t time it about 7-8 seconds 0-60 sounds about right. Accelerating on the highway it hit the power band faster and so no problem passing, merging, etc.

I also tried Sport mode extensively because I had heard good things and wonā€™t get it if I stick with my Badlands order. It was nothing short of awesome. Throw you back in your seat immediate power and just felt straight up nasty with the pedal to the floor from a stop and on the highway. I would not want more power than that on the highway and around town with curves, etc you could actually get into trouble given the high center of gravity and body roll. I didnā€™t try Baja in 2 High because it literally said on the dash Off-road Use Only after switching modes and I didnā€™t want to destroy the transmission and end up buying the demo model at MSRP plus markup. But Sport modeā€¦HFS! After the test drive I was more stoked about getting my Bronco than I have been in months.

Now hereā€™s the question: Iā€™m not going to use rock crawl or Baja modes any time soon so should I switch? Is there any chance to get that performance from Baja mode or a software update? I really donā€™t want to do a tune on a brand new engine that already has twin turbos as it feels like playing with fire. I am very seriously considering switching to an Outer Banks to get Sport mode and loading it up with all the other goodies including Sasquatch to make it close to my Badlands build minus the MGV and washout floors.

Has anyone else considered a change for sport mode? Curious to hear thoughts from this group.
Ha ha... sure ask the "cheap" guys such as myself.

I'm already a Base or BB build. If you want the MGV, why not drop to BD? Can toss Squatch on there and get your Sport Mode right? I assume it's on there. Or go OBX. I'm sure most people could get away without Baja or Rock Crawl mode. But that's just my guess.

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back on the portable air - I'm going on-board, the ARB setup seems like it mounts nicely on the passenger side firewall - which oddly enough is where I had mounted my Hadley compressor in my Expedition back in 02. Gonna do tank, with a line for air/air tool and mainly for my air horn.
Nice air horn idea. I've got an ARB single already, transferring from my taco. Fantastic unit. Had it underhood but might try the rear floor cubby if it fits. Then do a remote chuck and filter so I can still do a drawer system above it. Also no worries of heat or dirt.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Yes absolutely.

The badlands is one of the best all around Broncos but it's not for me for many reasons. I won't crawl, won't use features, and I wouldn't have sport mode with it. Obx and wildtrak just made sense for my uses. I tried the sport mode out when I test drove and it almost felt like too much power around town

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes absolutely.

The badlands is one of the best all around Broncos but it's not for me for many reasons. I won't crawl, won't use features, and I wouldn't have sport mode with it. Obx and wildtrak just made sense for my uses. I tried the sport mode out when I test drove and it almost felt like too much power around town
I'm a basemansquatch but there should've been a way to get manual+ Baja +Sport

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Itā€™s happening today!

C52A19BC-EA3B-4346-BAE1-32C8E67CF840.jpeg
Nice. I am hoping that my bronco will be delivered this week on one of my days off. Going by the est. days it should be around next Monday

Last edited:

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Ha ha... sure ask the "cheap" guys such as myself.

I'm already a Base or BB build. If you want the MGV, why not drop to BD? Can toss Squatch on there and get your Sport Mode right? I assume it's on there. Or go OBX. I'm sure most people could get away without Baja or Rock Crawl mode. But that's just my guess.
BD has sport. But no access to higher package options. If that's your thing. But then you get MGV & washout floors.

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are the add on floor liners and cargo area protectors rubber mats like weather tech? Has anybody ordered these?

And whoā€™s doing the Trans NJ Trail when they get their Bronco??

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

ARB air is solid, had a few buddies with them but man does that thing get HOT..like...VERY HOT.

Sponsored

teevan

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Are the add on floor liners and cargo area protectors rubber mats like weather tech? Has anybody ordered these?

Whats the deal with the trans NJ trail? I have the map downloaded from some user on here, but a lot of it doesn't make sense to me? Seems like its just a lot of regular roads? What am I missing?

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I got the cargo mat and it is a rubber like weather tech. Not floppy at all like a cheap mat. I plan on doing a TNJT run next spring. Hopefully some others will have they're Bronco by then to do a group ride?

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

From what I've seen, yeah they look equivalent to weather tech liners. But I can't say 100% because well... I don't have my Bronco yet.

Never heard of the Trans NJ trail. But sound interesting. Where is it? Down in the Pinelands?