Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters
OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I guess I am missing something.. I was expecting some nice trails in the Pinelands or something, but seems like just it follows regular roads? Feel free to call me a douche if needed.
Guess we are both missing something then. Now I'll have to Google it to see if any of it is actually off road.
Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess I am missing something.. I was expecting some nice trails in the Pinelands or something, but seems like just it follows regular roads? Feel free to call me a douche if needed.
No, most of the northern part is on back roads. Mid to southern part is dirt roads and trails through the pinelands. I've done the part from six flags to Wharton and it is mostly all dirt.

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

njcoach24

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I got the cargo mat and it is a rubber like weather tech. Not floppy at all like a cheap mat. I plan on doing a TNJT run next spring. Hopefully some others will have they're Bronco by then to do a group ride?
Im hoping to have mine by the spring/summer so I’d be down for a fall group ride.

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nah nah @teevan . I was just going to be "improper" WRT trans.

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Nice air horn idea. I've got an ARB single already, transferring from my taco. Fantastic unit. Had it underhood but might try the rear floor cubby if it fits. Then do a remote chuck and filter so I can still do a drawer system above it. Also no worries of heat or dirt.
Yeah just depends how quiet that air compressor will be when it starts pumping especially after you lay on the horn for a little bit. But I do like this idea of it being inside protected from the elements.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK Auto did a story on it
Even has a video

https://ok4wd.com/blog/traveling-the-trans-new-jersey-trial/

Might be interesting, I'm going to go watch the video now.
I'd like to check out the Brendan Byrne State Park in the Pine Barrens sometime..... it's across the street (Rt 72) from where I used to go dirt bike riding in the 80-90's. Spent countless weekends down there camping out and riding. Would be a blast to do it again.
https://www.njparksandforests.org/maps/trailguides/btb_brochure_text.pdf

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back on the portable air - I'm going on-board, the ARB setup seems like it mounts nicely on the passenger side firewall - which oddly enough is where I had mounted my Hadley compressor in my Expedition back in 02. Gonna do tank, with a line for air/air tool and mainly for my air horn.
I'm thinking about the same thing. When I looked at the 2.3L engine bay (in getting MT) there was a bunch of room on that passenger side firewall. I'm not sure how much it shrinks with the 2.7L engine bay though. I'm finally test driving a 4D Badlands tomorrow morning. If I think of it I'll kook at that spot to see how it looks.

I posted a picture somewhere in here before, but I'm too lazy after a long week of work to search for it. Lol

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whats the deal with the trans NJ trail? I have the map downloaded from some user on here, but a lot of it doesn't make sense to me? Seems like its just a lot of regular roads? What am I missing?
It is a route created by the dual-sport motorcycle crowd the goes from one end of the state to the other, staying on dirt roads for the most amount of time. You're not going to find much in the way of trails in NJ.
There are other states with similarly mapped routes, like the trans-NH trail. Those pics I posted a couple pages ago are from there.
There is also the trans-america-trail (TAT) that goes coast-to-coast.
Legal 'off-roading' in the NE is on public roads. VT and NH have a pretty good collection of un-maintained roads (class 4 in VT, class 6 in NH) that have turned to trails, but you still need a registered and road legal vehicle to drive on them.
My avatar is a Class 4 road in VT.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1627736606738

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Paradise Rd, part of the 'north-east' extension of the TNJT (so you won't find it in vids that start at High Point) is the closest in NJ I've found to a trail. Not sure if it's still open, most good finds in NJ have been locked away behinds gates.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If they can get a handle on it then it's a good idea because you can build out your vehicle how you want it for the most part instead of using fords car search engine where they only return stuff that matches which is never exactly what you want. If they continue with how they did the bronco then there is no hope.
Completely agree. I think it's the way it should be done going forward.

I was just poking fun at Ford and how this Bronco release has been going. 😉

OP
OP

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Completely agree. I think it's the way it should be done going forward.

I was just poking fun at Ford and how this Bronco release has been going. 😉
And now that Ford knows you were poking fun at them, your shit ain't being built til 2024 :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored