Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I haven't seen it yet. Those are from my sales guy.
Hey, did you see this Mr. G Wagon?

Well I scheduled a test drive to see what the six cylinder really felt like. everybody said you’ll be surprised at how much power in the has… Well I guess I should preface this by saying that I drove into the dealership in a supercharged V-8 with a tune and an replacement pulley that gained about 100 hp. Yeah, the six-cylinder was not that powerful. I’ve crawled around in a few of these but this was the first time I actually got to drive one. Punching it off the line had a little bit of turbo lag. Almost as if the six-cylinder didn’t have enough power on its own to get the turbos up fast enough. I locked up the rear inside wheel to see how tight the turning radius was. It felt like it was almost eating itself. In defense of the truck, I was on a paved road… The ride was exceptionally comfortable. I did inquire about bumping my reservation up to a raptor version, but apparently that still doesn’t save me from the dealerships unreasonable mark ups. All in all I am still a huge fan of the bronco and can’t wait to build one. My son has already placed his order. Here’s a few shots for comparison. Oh, and the interior color combination was awful.

E967F5F2-4FC2-49F7-844C-AC471250B2CF.jpeg

8EFEB819-C4B7-42CA-AFCB-119D81CF7119.jpeg

BC79E1D4-E7CC-4E87-B8D5-90520D612841.jpeg

9EFEB851-6BA5-45EC-AF26-24EBBDD5943D.jpeg

A4C3F81D-F38C-4C1B-8A20-96D5526E6057.jpeg

A05A5C62-601E-48C5-8D7B-7E56EFAF82D3.jpeg

1FAC3300-2749-4F63-94CC-1471B3F79928.jpeg
Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, did you see this Mr. G Wagon?
Thanks!
Was curious about how they'd compare; width and height. About what I was expecting.
Looks like Bronco Sasquatch needs a lift to match modded g-wagen clearance. Will be going 37's if there's a good lift that doesn't eat front cv joints.
Bronco Sasquatch still better than new stock g-wagen with IFS, which was my other choice for new off-roader. Glad Ford put the first $40k towards off road. I can (probably) deal with the missing $40k for luxury.
I wonder if a Lincoln fixed-roof 'Bronco' would sell enough at $80k-$100k to justify making one?

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks!
Was curious about how they'd compare width and height. About what I was expecting.
Looks like Bronco Sasquatch needs a lift to match modded g-wagen clearance. Will be going 37's if there's a good lift that doesn't eat front cv joints.
Bronco Sasquatch still better than new stock g-wagen with IFS, which was my other choice for new off-roader. Glad Ford put the first $40k towards off road. I can (probably) deal with the missing $40k for luxury.
I wonder if a Lincoln fixed-roof 'Bronco' would sell enough at $80k-$100k to justify making one?
I was just thinking about a Lincoln version of the Bronco with the amped up interior and hard top to break into the G-Wagen space... Time will tell...

I wonder if I'll get mine before the Raptor or Lincoln comes out? 😁

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was just thinking about a Lincoln version of the Bronco with the amped up interior and hard top to break into the G-Wagen space... Time will tell...

I wonder if I'll get mine before the Raptor or Lincoln comes out? 😁
I'm wondering if the Raptor will be a late '22 launch, as in summer.
Trail driving with cooled seats and AC is great.
I'm hoping the Bronco will change my unfounded bias against convertibles. If not, black mod top or equivalent will be going on, if it doesn't leak and makes the interior quieter.

Tomorrow can't come soon enough! Stupid work training/workshop keeping me from getting my Bronco!

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh, and my G550 engine is stock. 382HP 391TQ
No supercharger, that was on the later AMG G55.
It should compare fairly well to the Bronco 2.7, except for sound. The dual, side exiting exhaust on the 5.5L V8 sounds amazing! And the computer doesn't pull too much torque off the line. It's pretty quick!
Bittersweet replacing the G with a Bronco.

Bronc-OH

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep XK, Jeep WJ
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, and my G550 engine is stock. 382HP 391TQ
No supercharger, that was on the later AMG G55.
It should compare fairly well to the Bronco 2.7, except for sound. The dual, side exiting exhaust on the 5.5L V8 sounds amazing! And the computer doesn't pull too much torque off the line. It's pretty quick!
Bittersweet replacing the G with a Bronco.
And weight, Arent you heavier?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

And weight, Arent you heavier?
With almost all the options on my Bronco, the G is probably about 500lbs heavier.

I'm reading that thread now. So toxic.
I'm puking on all the posts. Hoping to pick up a stalker or two.
I'll have to start my own thread and see if I can start a wave of banning...

Sponsored