Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

robtraut

Outer Banks
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I love "disconnecting". Which is crazy, bc I'm in the tech industry, and have a general love for technology. But I love living in the moments more. I can't stand going somewhere or doing something and everyone is recording it or taking pictures that they'll never look at ever again. Sure, occasional pic, but you don't need to record the whole damn game or concert you're at. Try enjoying it in person, vs through a screen. (god I sound so old)

My son is already asking me for a phone, and I cannot understand how friends of his already have them. (he's in 5th grade) But I will hold that line for as long as I can. Not till he starts driving. There is no reason to introduce that at such a young age. it's not the 'phone' being the problem. (first off, we should stop calling them phones... they're mini computers in our pockets that can make phone calls.) It's the socials. They are so damaging. (as I type this on a social network)
Iā€™m the same way. If Iā€™m at a concert I might take a couple pictures or a short video clip, but after that the phone stays in the pocket. I canā€™t stand watching people watch the whole thing on their little screen. I want to ask them ā€œyou realize itā€™s happening in real life right there?ā€

I donā€™t think of this as a social network, but I also donā€™t venture out into gen pop too often.
Sponsored

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When one of you fortunate soft-top Bronco owners gets a chance, could you get a measurement of the overall height with the top open in the roof position (not back position)? Just trying to gage how much Iā€™ll be screwed if I forget and pull in the garage like this. (I plan on adding a soft-top for the warmer half of the year). No rush, obviously - Thanks!

Edit - Iā€™m getting a Badlands, non-Sas

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

that's something right there. smart though. As I have (I think?) 2 sets of NJ plates in my garage as we speak for the cars we owned when moving out to PA. Never gonna make the time to go out of my way to return those plates to a DMV in NJ.

And yeah, NY is tough on their DMV stuff. When we moved to PA I went to get a PA license and found out that my license was apparently suspended in NY from some dumb shit I did during my college years, so PA wouldn't issue me a license. Which sucked, bc timing wise, my NJ license had just expired. And I wasn't an NJ resident anymore, so I pretty much drove around for a few weeks without a valid license. šŸ˜ Anyway, long story short I had to write a letter and send it to them asking to reinstate my license. Which they did.

But man, all those years of driving through NY up to VT & at any moment if someone ran my plates, I guess I would've gotten in some kinda trouble?
I honestly dont know the last time i turned in a set of plates!!!
Must have at least half a dozen in the garage!!!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sold my BMW Z3 last Friday night, took it off the insurance (via a mobile app) on the way home from exchanging the car with the buyer. Went to drop the plates Saturday at the local DMV (where they have a convenient drop-box) and found out that it is locked when DMV is open. Had to go in and stand in line with screaming babies and whining drivers just to drop the plates and get a receipt. I've never heard of the penalty for dropping insurance coverage before the plates...

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When one of you fortunate soft-top Bronco owners gets a chance, could you get a measurement of the overall height with the top open in the roof position (not back position)? Just trying to gage how much Iā€™ll be screwed if I forget and pull in the garage like this. (I plan on adding a soft-top for the warmer half of the year). No rush, obviously - Thanks!

I'll try to get you some tomorrow morning. I got the same build as you so it'll be pretty exact

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The battery life on my fold was poor first few days. Then it learned my usage behavior and improved. I further improved it by turning enhanced processing off, which the phone doesn't need as its fast already. I do turn it back on when I'm in the car and have it plugged in and I'm multitasking Spotify and waze (which works magnificent btw)

Now battery angst isn't a thing anymore. It says a full charge can last 15 more hours with how I use the phone during the day and I believe it. Mostly Outlook for work emails and the browser for messing around with you folks. And downloading pdf after pdf of my window sticker that doesn't exist yet

Screenshot_20210929-074837_Device care.jpg
Haha, I know what you mean about downloading the windows sticker. I think I'm at #10 on my phone and #3 on my laptop!

Your talking me into swapping out the Note for the Fold. (was waiting to see if the next Fold would get the stylus in the socket).

Sponsored

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is at 85" to 87" depending on how you have the clamps running (open/closed). It's about a foot higher then if the top was closed so yeah big difference.

Rob1135ny

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is at 85" to 87" depending on how you have the clamps running (open/closed). It's about a foot higher then if the top was closed so yeah big difference.
Thank you for measuring that! Unfortunately, I only have 84" of clearance, so maybe I can hope that the Bestop is lower, or they come out with a version of it that actually folds all the way down, otherwise I will just have to hope I don't forget and join the "oh sh!t" group...

OpenAir25

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you for measuring that! Unfortunately, I only have 84" of clearance, so maybe I can hope that the Bestop is lower, or they come out with a version of it that actually folds all the way down, otherwise I will just have to hope I don't forget and join the "oh sh!t" group...

I will double check with my garage ( my door should be 84ā€ as well) though I have a SAS
Sponsored