Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Brewster is suggesting a $2700 72 month/150k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Sounds good but I'm 2 states away should anything go wrong. Does it make sense to get that ?
Sponsored

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Brewster is suggesting a $2700 72 month/150k mile bumper to bumper warranty. Sounds good but I'm 2 states away should anything go wrong. Does it make sense to get that ?
Nah. I wouldn't worry about an extended warranty till your warranty is up...

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

And just a standard Big Bend gets leather wheel.
The plastic steering wheel sucks ass! There's NO grip to it. I mean hell, give us a rubber wheel... IDIOTS! 🤬 🤬 🤬 🤬
Well, Big Bend is another $5k.....Leather st wheel, tinted rear windows, and ambient lighting..... is that worth $5k??
Glad you got your rig. How do you like the V6 vs the 4 banger you had for a week?
Is your Mustang gone now?
I'd expect some aftermarket options for the steering wheel cover in the near future.

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lovely idea on the 6 pack and growler but I do have to drive my Bronco safely home 🙂
Pick up Bronco, drink lots of beer to celebrate, spend night in Bronco hammock at the reservoir, then drive home the next day...... perfect experience!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, '21 Toyota RAV4 Prime
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I'm curious.

With this launch as pathetic as it has been, can someone tell me why the fuck Ford insisted on putting a plastic steering wheel in a $45k BaseSquatch? What garbage is that? Was I aware it was cheap? Well assumed because it's not like they paraded any Base models or even cloth models during their tours! But still, that's cheap of Ford.

Next complaint... The visor... 3/4" gap between A pillar and visor... Perfect to be blinded by the sun 🤬 🤬 🤬

And lastly, sync4.... Listening to siriusxm, Octane... Little bitch song comes on want to switch to Ozzy's Boneyard... Rather than reach for the screen, I use the steering wheel controls... Do you think it worked? Of course not, it switched to AM radio. Figure OK, let's set some favorite channels to Sirius. Try again... Again goes to AM radio

Why the fuck has Ford become so stupid with some of this shit? my God.... Simple things like this that are stupid... Pisses me off!

How's that @PowPow ?
Before you go and get angry again, you can program any mix of stations (XM, FM or AM) into your favorites. If you "find" (direct tune) the station you want, then simply press on the station position (on top of whatever is there now) and it will reprogram that to your next one for that position.

In terms of the steering wheel, I have a lux Badlands, and the wheel is pretty basic. I'd look at some of the leather wraps out there. I put a great one on my old Z3 that I liked a lot better than what BMW had on it from the factory - you can choose your color for both the leather and the stitching. Does require some patience and nimble fingers (of which I have neither in abundance) but was worth the couple of hours I spent. Not sure if the Bronco shares a steering wheel with any existing Ford so that somebody might have a stock shape for it, though.

Last edited:

Sponsored

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cheers to your new ride!!
What a great day! This vehicle is really amazing and I'm certainly impressed (as well as everyone that has seen it so far).

Thanks the entire Bronco team for your hard work. I appreciate the challenges that were overcome to this point and I know you'll continue to work hard to keep on moving forward!

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just locked my doors from the safety of my bed 😁

And saw this 2 days after I picked her up!
SmartSelect_20211105-212604_FordPass.jpg

Now who said us early res guys were supposed to get more? :unsure:
What!? I was an earlier res and picked mine up a half hour before you, and I still have ZERO points. Goose Egg - Nada - Zilch. I'm gonna have to go punch somebody :p

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Before you go and get angry again, you can program any mix of stations (XM, FM or AM) into your favorites. If you "find" (direct tune) the station you want, then simply press on the station position (on top of whatever is there now) and it will reprogram that to your next one for that position.

In terms of the steering wheel, I have a lux Badlands, and the wheel is pretty basic. I'd look at some of the leather wraps out there. I put a great one on my old Z3 that I liked a lot better than what BMW had on it from the factory - you can choose your color for both the leather and the stitching. Does require some patience and nimble fingers (of which I have neither in abundance) but was worth the couple of hours I spent. Not sure if the Bronco shares a steering wheel with any existing Ford so that somebody might have a stock shape for it, though.
Yeah I thought katzkin were doing upholstered wheels for the Bronco but it looks to only be seats. There are good options out there. It's if you want to drop the dough
Real quick cuz I'm watching a movie.
Still have the Stang.
And go with a Ford Flood Protect plan. Peeps on here were saying (over a year ago) its the Ford ESP.
Depending on coverage you want, you can get protection for half what dealers charge, I'll find the links for it later.
Good shit 🍻
BTW, I'm doing my hitch today..... So everyone might want to avoid me later :rolleyes:
Let me know how long it takes you. Mines been collecting dust waiting for the day

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is anyone considering the “360 Shield Molecular Paint Protection” add on that Brewster is offering for $695? This is the first time I’ve heard of this product and I also can’t find much info/reviews online.

10AB69C4-F5A3-48F6-A46E-33AE4A2B87DF.jpeg
Never heard of it. Not something I'll do. I've purchased stuff like that in the past only to see it not cover anything, so my take it don't bother. But to each his own.

On a side note wondering why my salesman STILL hasn't fixed my order. Everyone else seems to be getting theirs through. This is starting to get a tad annoying.
It depends what you’re going to do with her, if you plan on taking her off road and getting scratches on her, not sure that is covered.
Also I would check the factory warranty on the paint, Ford has a paint protection package for 265 or 295$. You should check the difference between them.
Finally, I would add if you are interested in paint protection (which is totally reasonable) I would take her to a specialized detailer. At least you would be sure they actually know what they’re doing. ?

My 2 scents
So the consensus is, skip the 360shield right?

shua7

Outer Banks
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Explorer Sport-Trac, 2021 OBX Lux MIC 2.0
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Should get another 20k or something like that.
From the 12/15/2020 Bronco Timing Update email:

"As a thank‑you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. That’s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.**"

**Requires modem to be activated within 60 days of purchase and remain active for 180 days.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From the 12/15/2020 Bronco Timing Update email:

"As a thank‑you for your patience and interest in Bronco, we are adding an additional 20,000 FordPass Rewards Points when you take delivery of your Ford Bronco. That’s 62,000 FordPass Rewards Points (over $300 value) to use toward accessories, maintenance and service at your local Ford Dealer.**"

**Requires modem to be activated within 60 days of purchase and remain active for 180 days.
I was told I had to activate the FordPass app to get my 42k. Wonder if the extra 20k will show up after 180 days?
I'll probably have to bug Brewster :(

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Okay - just took the new Bronco down below DC to see the new grandson - 370 mile trip that I took on 95, so ran in Eco mode and mostly with adaptive cruise doing 65-75 down and a bit slower back in heavy traffic.

Trip computer showed 22.3 but my fill up calculated at just over 22. It’s a Badlands (2.3 AT) so we’ll more than they published!

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? B1BAC9FC-1708-4E6A-8CFE-92AB7111255B

mds5917

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I posted in the FORScan and Fog light thread, but wanted to share here...some great tips helped me get my BD fogs programmed through the switch I replaced on the Badlands so I did not take up an upfitter for it, and I was also able to kill that annoying 'double-honk' that almost gave me a heart attack this morning when I got out of the Bronco at a Wawa to run in for coffee while I left it running with my wife and son inside (and the fob in my pocket). Man that was loud, but not any more ;)
Sponsored