Sponsored

NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers?

How likely are you to Order/Buy when the order banks open in December?

• Total voters

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 F-150 Nite, 2001 Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I did a different kind of hunting yesterday just outside of Hancock, NY. Went to a junkyard in Starlight, Pa. Amazing place, lots of old stuff from the 30's-50's and into the mid 60's. It was a brisk day with some fantastic views.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1637416111794

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1637416172668

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1637416262936

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1637416299439

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1637416349015

I'm restoring a 66 Skylark GS convertible. I got some stainless trim parts off of this one:
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 1637416864069

1637416304411.png

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

OK, that's disappointing, but still worth the $2k savings....
I'd say your window weatherstrip 'sweepers' aren't keeping the water out of your door. How do they look? Any water entering should escape from those drain slots at the bottom.... we can see that in your pics. But water should not be leaking to the interior.
While I haven't seen the Bronco setup, there should be plastic water shields behind the inside door panel. They should divert any water back to the inside of the door so it can drain out. My older cars have slots in the inside sheetmetal, the watershield fits in those slots so any water drains to the inside of the door and out those drain holes.
Did you install new speakers and remove the door panels?

Fly by Nite

Base
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If you want to avoid the dealer visit, pull the door panels and take a look. Maybe it's a simple fix.
Yeah, it should've been right in the first place....

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Good day wheelin at AOAA with @Merc4x4 and his brother. Both real good guys!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20211120_103601

Was a little chilly but other wise beautiful day!!!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20211120_112149

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 110202

@Merc4x4 lead in the begininng and we switched half way through the day.
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20211120_153939

Both broncos did great! Some tight trails but we both fit!!!!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20211120_164353

After airing up, didnt get too dirty!!!
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? 20211120_165417

And a beautiful end of the day!!!

This was our route
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? Screenshot_20211120-212207

It was great to be just us broncos on the trails. Cant wait untill we can all get together for a run!.

Last edited:

BroncoPA65

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Fords & VW's
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ok, so I went and got some quotes today.

$650 from Carstar!
$324 from Maaco.

Or I can buy this $60 kit: https://drcolorchip.com/product/squirt-n-squeegee-kit/

here are my thoughts. Both places want to sand it down and repaint the panel and blend so it matches the current paint the best it can. No one guarantees a 100% paint match. Maaco said the only way to get the closest possible would be to blend it into the hood, but that would cost another few hundred... probably included in Carstar's quote.

Now, the picture makes the scratch look much bigger than it really is. I measured it, and it's about 3/4 of an inch long. Honestly barely noticeable. But it is down to the metal, so I need to get it taken care of.

Do I risk an imperfect paint match & pay over $300?
Or do I figure, it's really not that large. I can buy a $60 kit that will at least fill the hole, and if it doesn't match exactly, it's only a small area, and will still look better than it does now, and prevent rust.

I know which way I'm leaning. but am curious to your guys thoughts. As no one really understands what waiting for a car for 15 months is like and then finally getting it. To only have this happen. So I know you guys truly feel my pain. or at least relate to the pain.

also to provide more context... here's it's location:
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? Screenshot_20211120-212207

hard to see, right?!?! right!?

PowPow, I vote for the $60 kit. Either way (knowing you the way I think you are... kind of like me) you'll think about it either way anyway.

I know someone that has a few of these things, on a Porsche no less, but you really don't see them unless you're really getting close to it.

Also, if you really hate it, no harm no foul because you can go the next step and spend the extra cash to blend, etc.

I've got one final idea, distract someone else with Cactus Gray on the 18th and swap out with theirs without them knowing! Problem solved!

P.S. Just don't swap that quarter panel with mine, or I'll have to swap it back without you knowing! Haha

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

SOOOOO this Forscan tool option of adding Sport mode to a BL got me thinking. With AMB I was ok with the black/sandalwood interior. But with Carbonized Gray - not so much - let's face it- it doesn't go. But now that I can get Sport mode enabled - the whole picture changes. I go BL, get the capable bumper, bash plates, sta-bar disco, black interior with gray trim that matches my Carbon outside...and my ONLY real give is the orange stitching and chicklets.

I've heard from a reliable source that I promised not to hold accountable, that this would not void warranty since it is a factory "tune" - I gotta tell ya boys - I'm leaning on making the switch from WT to BL Sas. Add on the fact that I am probably selling less than a year out anyway when my Braptor shows up...this sounds like a slam dunk.

Did I miss anything? Am I being crazy about this - yeah nevermind that question.
These were my thoughts. I figured there was a good possibility of forscan unlocking goat modes, just figured there were a max of 7 and I'd have to disable an existing one to enable Sport.
Sta-bar disco was more important, so I took the chance.
Also, the Badlands interior accent goes well with the Carbon Grey.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good day wheelin at AOAA with @Merc4x4 and his brother. Both real good guys!

Was a little chilly but other wise beautiful day!!!

@Merc4x4 lead in the begininng and we switched half way through the day.

Both broncos did great! Some tight trails but we both fit!!!!

After airing up, didnt get too dirty!!!

And a beautiful end of the day!!!

This was our route

It was great to be just us broncos on the trails. Cant wait untill we can all get together for a run!.
It was a great day! and we had a lot of fun hanging out.
The Bronco was way more nimble than I was expecting.
Clearance is what I was hoping for.
An awesome upgrade over the g-wagen.

Unfortunately my dreams of a Bronco Raptor are crushed. It's too wide for what I want to do. :(

I'm off to LI to find a car wash. The Clinton one closes at 7PM. On Saturdays.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? PXL_20211120_200003894
Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? PXL_20211120_181611016

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It was a great day! and we had a lot of fun hanging out.
The Bronco was way more nimble than I was expecting.
Clearance is what I was hoping for.
An awesome upgrade over the g-wagen.

Unfortunately my dreams of a Bronco Raptor are crushed. It's too wide for what I want to do. :(

I'm off to LI to find a car wash. The Clinton one closes at 7PM. On Saturdays.

Ford Bronco NJ/NY/Delaware/Eastern Pa./MD/Ct Volume Buyers? PXL_20211120_181611016
watch out for those self service car wash wands! hahaha

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

where are you guys spending your fordpass points? Brewster is taking awhile to get back to me on putting the cart together from the ford accessories site...looking for another option

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
where are you guys spending your fordpass points? Brewster is taking awhile to get back to me on putting the cart together from the ford accessories site...looking for another option
MIC 2023.
Sponsored