Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FJ Cruiser, 1990 Toyota pickup, 2021 Audi Q8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be my first time buying a Ford, as well as my first time buying from a dealer in New Mexico. I'm set up for my Bronco reservation with Capitol Ford in Santa Fe at the moment, but always open to changing if other dealers nearby (CO, AZ, TX) are offering much better deals.

Any advice from others in NM?
Sponsored

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update on Capitol Ford in Santa Fe for anyone interested:

I had a handful of email exchanges with the salesman that was assigned to me when I made my reservation. His interest level has always been just about getting by until it was time to make out my order. Once a week I got "touching base let me know if have any questions."

Yesterday, I asked about pricing and was told that management would need to be consulted. The answers confirm the existing info on the Bronco6G master list: They will honor X-Plan, and when I asked about ADMs and high-cost mystery accessories, he said "no addendums." Nothing more specific.

But then I asked about if they know how they would be pricing Broncos for non-X-Plan sales. I explained the online community's activity level and what was being offered by dealers out of state, including below-invoice pricing. Did not mention Granger or Laura by name but figured they could easily find that out if they want to. I mentioned that Ford allows one change of dealership and that I was hoping to stay local but would switch if necessary to get the best deal.

Answer: "way too early" for pricing info. And immediately after that: "we actually have a client list as long as the ordered product list waiting to purchase any that come in from clients who choose not to buy."

That says a lot. It's what I thought many dealers will say if folks with reservations get to the end of the process and balk when things like bogus accessories and huge delivery fees appear like roaches from the cellar. Funny, but it was never "way too early" for Granger to run with a great plan.

I'm thankful for the simplicity of X-Plan, but not everyone has that option. Based on their "whatever" attitude, I'm not planning to stay with Capitol. Hoping for better deals in ABQ or neighboring states.

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not sure if this is helpful, but I will be buying from Power Ford.

01CC8AD5-A798-4922-B54E-EB89FDE3C0F1.png

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco NM Dealerships 01CC8AD5-A798-4922-B54E-EB89FDE3C0F1
Thanks. Same offer as Capitol Ford. What might make the difference is if they have a decent attitude and don't treat me like Capitol did.

Sponsored

joeramirez

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I am down South and will be getting mine from Mike Holyoke at Sanderson Ford in Phoenix at X Plan pricing.

irv0735

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes Sprinter 4x4, 2021 Bronco Reserved
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco NM Dealerships 01CC8AD5-A798-4922-B54E-EB89FDE3C0F1
I have my reservation currently with Power Ford as well, but haven't even begun to talk to them about pricing.
Once the build and price is released I'll be building and then asking them what the price will be in relation to invoice. If they don't give me a number below invoice in writing before the end of October, I'll switch to someone who will. At the end of the day, I'm fortunate to be able to go pretty much anywhere in the country to pick it up... Kind of the dealer's worst nightmare since I can price shop a larger area than most.

ScottW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I trust Power Ford as far as I can spit. They are still adding $8000 to Raptor pricing. Hopefully with an X plan or similar they won't pull any BS but I did my reservation with Granger. I'll take the road trip.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's a real shame they won't "Accept" plan pricing. :p
Don't get me going. The sales guy at Capitol never used punctuation or capital letters. Never. I guess I'm just old.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I trust Power Ford as far as I can spit. They are still adding $8000 to Raptor pricing. Hopefully with an X plan or similar they won't pull any BS but I did my reservation with Granger. I'll take the road trip not to deal with salesman BS.
Frustrating. Seems like I am headed out of state one way or another. More power to you (pun intended) for taking that 15-hour road trip. In the old days, it would have been easy for me to hop on a plane. Stupid virus.

Sponsored

ScottW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Frustrating. Seems like I am headed out of state one way or another. More power to you (pun intended) for taking that 15-hour road trip. In the old days, it would have been easy for me to hop on a plane. Stupid virus.
I would be happy to buy local but don't think I could get as good of a price. I emailed Rich Ford and never got a response. I did the same thing buying an F150 a couple years ago. Went to Texas to buy it. Saved around $3000 and gave local dealerships a chance to at least match the price, they weren't interested.

OP
OP
elmystico

elmystico

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I would be happy to buy local but don't think I could get as good of a price. I emailed Rich Ford and never got a response. I did the same thing buying an F150 a couple years ago. Went to Texas to buy it. Saved around $3000 and gave local dealerships a chance to at least match the price, they weren't interested.
Mind if I ask where you went in Texas?

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thank you for sharing.
I trust Power Ford as far as I can spit. They are still adding $8000 to Raptor pricing. Hopefully with an X plan or similar they won't pull any BS but I did my reservation with Granger. I'll take the road trip.
Thank you for sharing, I’m really hoping they don’t pull that BS with the Bronco. Rich Ford wasn’t accepting reservations (anyone know why?) so I chose Power Ford. Possibly switching to Chalmers depending on how things go.