Sponsored

No 1 pedal trail control on the 2.3L still...?

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Does anyone have any reasoning why this would only be offered on the V6 with auto and not the I4? Or has this been remedied.....
Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Guessing that it is the same reasoning as a manual not having a remote start. However, some models have "crank in gear"?

OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
Guessing that it is the same reasoning as a manual not having a remote start. However, some models have "crank in gear"?
I think the 7 speed has crank in gear? Maybe with just the 4.7's though.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does anyone have any reasoning why this would only be offered on the V6 with auto and not the I4? Or has this been remedied.....
I don't see it being "remedied"...it has been that way since day one on the spec sheet and comparison PDF. No idea the reasoning...but it's not changing this year, and never with the stick. The 2.3 with auto really is a terrible deal on most trims with all you lose and a very minimal upcharge to get the better engine with extra features like this. Maybe they just thought it wasn't worth it to design with the 2.3 auto, since so few people will actually order that combo who would care about it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
WuNgUn

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

• Banned
I don't see it being "remedied"...it has been that way since day one on the spec sheet and comparison PDF. No idea the reasoning...but it's not changing this year, and never with the stick. The 2.3 with auto really is a terrible deal on most trims with all you lose and a very minimal upcharge to get the better engine with extra features like this. Maybe they just thought it wasn't worth it to design with the 2.3 auto, since so few people will actually order that combo who would care about it.
With a 2 door, and it's small gas tank, I just can't see going to a V6... With Squatch, your fuel range would be shit...
But like you said.... Who knows the reasoning.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With a 2 door, and it's small gas tank, I just can't see going to a V6... With Squatch, your fuel range would be shit...
But like you said.... Who knows the reasoning.
Oh, good point...I hadn't considered the small gas tank on the 2dr in my comments. It is too small, so I can see that as a factor.
Sponsored