Sponsored

No.1 Reservation Dealer with 130 Total Orders and no Build Allocations to Date.

RubyRedGT

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco. Sold the 1968 and 2015 mustang GTs
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Email received on May 27th with a scheduled build date of July 26th as well as a VIN#. 4 Door, Outer Banks, 2.7L, Sasquatch, Automatic, High Lux, White.
To confirm, is yours a soft top? I think we've confirmed that is making a big difference on the chances of getting scheduled, even if you're a relatively late reservation.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Aubrishusband

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
To confirm, is yours a soft top? I think we've confirmed that is making a big difference on the changes of getting scheduled, even if you're a relatively late reservation.
It is not. Its a hard top.

cazimi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It could also be your dealer hasn't actually checked. My understanding is Ford is notifying customers of build dates but not sending an email to the dealer. The dealer must go in and check each order to see if it has moved to build scheduled.
Can confirm; my dealer emailed me about switching to a soft top after I had already gotten a build date from Ford; after I pointed this out to him, he checked the system and saw I was scheduled. Up to that point I don't think he realized anyone from his dealership had moved to production.

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I was just told tonight that there are problems already with the MIC on the 2-dr. I'm not at liberty to disclose who they are, but as a priority build they were not to have any constrained commodities. They just were notified that there were not enough MIC tops for the 2-dr.
Are you saying 2 door mic specifically have issues, or mic on the whole has issues? Not sure I understand why the 2 door would have problems and not the 4 door. I would think more panels, more problems.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you saying 2 door mic specifically have issues, or mic on the whole has issues? Not sure I understand why the 2 door would have problems and not the 4 door. I would think more panels, more problems.
You have to understand the context. My post was made on 4/23. At that given time, priority builds that were 2-dr (only option is the MIC) could not be built due to the "constrained" item. Since then, we have learned that Webasto has been unable to build MIC tops for both 2 or 4 door Broncos in sufficient quantity and quality. Ford has since used the 2 week shutdown in May to intervene at the Webasto facility.

Last edited:

Benji_Allgood

Black Diamond
First Name
Benji
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fam
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You have to understand the context. My post was made on 4/23. At that given time, priority builds that were 2-dr (only option is the MIC) could not be built due to the "constrained" item. Since then, we have learned that Webasto has been unable to build MIC tops for both 2 or 4 door Broncos in sufficient quantity and quality. Ford has since used the 2 week shutdown May to intervene at the Webasto facility.
Ahhh I didn't see the date on it. Good call. Makes sense now 😂

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good Afternoon All,

First time writer, long time reader and watcher. I have a 4Dr, Outer Banks, SAS, Lux on order with my local CA dealer. I am told that I am number one on their list out of 130. However they have stated that their dealership has not received any allocations for build from Ford. What are the criteria for Ford allocating builds to different dealerships? I read on here that one dealership only has 40 Broncos on order and received something like 10 allocations. Anybody have any thoughts?
Your wording is confusing. If they do have 130 allocations(units Ford said they could build and deliver this year) this dealer as indeed received there allocation total even if they have none scheduled so far.
Second Ford is not building them in order so time stamp and your #1 position mean little at this point. I heard of someone #4 for at his small dealer with 3 total allocations for 21, that his Bronco has a build date. Also heard from a dealer with 150 allocations for 21 that #242 in line at their dealer has a build date.
Are you stating this dealer has none of their ordered Broncos scheduled to build yet? Have they previewed any of their builds? Could they by not showing you the later builds knowing you are #1 timestamp at their dealer?

A number of 2 dr MIC Broncos are scheduled to build currently. Im not pleased that Ford is not updating saying they have 10k MIC 2dr ordered/allocated and only have the ability to produce 6k MIC tops.
Sponsored