Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' F-250, 17' Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe they disconnected the plug to the transfer case selector motor when diag/fixing the front diff leak. šŸ¤· ...and forgot to plug it back in.
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just to clarify, I called the dealer the next morning after seeing the leak on the floor, and they said to drive it and see if it stops. So I did, and then 3 days later it hadnā€™t stopped , so I called and they said to bring it in. Just reread my original post and realized I had not clarified the timeline of those events very well lol.

Thanks for the replies.
That's hilarious, not to mention scary, that a dealer would suggest you drive something leaking to see if it stops. OF COURSE IT WILL STOP... When all the oils gone and then your diff blows up.

And so your dealer never noticed an oil puddle where they had it parked? Absolutely ridiculous. And the fact that you are so far away makes it worse.

There are lots of things that will keep your rig from going into 4x4 mode, having a neutral is not one of them, however you don't need to be in neutral until the vehicle tells you you need to be in neutral.

There have been many reports of loose wires, loose plugs, and wires hitting the drive shafts. It's probably something along those lines... But I wouldn't mess with anything and let the dealer fix their mess. Just make sure to check in before you bring it back home in case there shoddy work continues.

OP
OP
74Scoutii

74Scoutii

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Navigator, 2500 Ram, Scout ii, 1500 Ram
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update:

Right front axle shaft was not seated into differential. Thus the leak. The shaft didnā€™t push far enough in to engage, so thatā€™s why no 4x4 from the factory.
No parts available at this time.
Just another let down to get through till we can enjoy our Bronco

Thanks for the replies. Iā€™ll update again when we have a running Bronco!

Sponsored

greatlakes

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Buick Special
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope they are able to get it sorted quickly for you.

Side question: What type of bar is that on the front? Looks different then the Rough Country I've seen.

TIA

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Because that's how you used to have to do it. Some habits die hard.
As in the 74 scout the OP may have based on his username? And I thought having to get out of my 05 wrangler and manually lock my front hubs was a pain, but at least I can go from 2WD to 4HI while on the go.

OP
OP
74Scoutii

74Scoutii

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hope they are able to get it sorted quickly for you.

Side question: What type of bar is that on the front? Looks different then the Rough Country I've seen.

TIA
This is a bull bar I took off our Expedition, put on our Navigator, and then put on our Bronco. Made some brackets and bolted it on. Pretty good fit, prolly add some lights later on.
Originally made to bolt on to an Expedition. Bronco frame was about 5/8ā€ narrower where it bolts on behind the tow rings.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because that's overkill

You won't sign papers without tearing up Walmarts grass first? šŸ˜‚
Do you roll the windows down to see if they work? Do you try the ac to see if it works? Checking out the truck before leaving will push dealer to make things right to make the sale.

Guess you just sign and drive. Why not dealers are so honorable and honest. I will use the 4x4, I want them to work. If your a mall crawler then those things you buy are not important.
Ford Bronco No 4x4 from the factory 93BAA5ED-4674-4578-8A62-08BE7B51F0A3

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just to clarify, I called the dealer the next morning after seeing the leak on the floor, and they said to drive it and see if it stops. So I did, and then 3 days later it hadnā€™t stopped , so I called and they said to bring it in. Just reread my original post and realized I had not clarified the timeline of those events very well lol.

Thanks for the replies.

Drive it and see if it stops. Please tell me that was the salesman and not someone from service.
To be fair though, I've found if you ignore a leak long enough, it eventually does stop leaking.

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Update:

Right front axle shaft was not seated into differential. Thus the leak. The shaft didnā€™t push far enough in to engage, so thatā€™s why no 4x4 from the factory.
No parts available at this time.
Just another let down to get through till we can enjoy our Bronco

Thanks for the replies. Iā€™ll update again when we have a running Bronco!
what parts? Did some damage occur because the shaft wasn't fully seated?

You did not mention anything about strange noises, so no grinding gears are anything. Seems like they could just see the shaft refill the diff and you would be good?

Unless they're going to replace the entire front diff because they told you to drive it while I was running out of lubrication :)

OP
OP
74Scoutii

74Scoutii

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
As in the 74 scout the OP may have based on his username? And I thought having to get out of my 05 wrangler and manually lock my front hubs was a pain, but at least I can go from 2WD to 4HI while on the go.
Yup! Get out and lock them in.
what parts? Did some damage occur because the shaft wasn't fully seated?

You did not mention anything about strange noises, so no grinding gears are anything. Seems like they could just see the shaft refill the diff and you would be good?

Unless they're going to replace the entire front diff because they told you to drive it while I was running out of lubrication :)
axle shaft teeth were ground down on the last inch. Likely happened the first time it was put into 4 wheel drive. So waiting on an axle shaft right now.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

axle shaft teeth were ground down on the last inch. Likely happened the first time it was put into 4 wheel drive. So waiting on an axle shaft right now.
SOAB.... And they said just drive it ...sorry to hear. Hope they get it fixed quick.

Others have suggested you try to talk them into putting in those beefier replacements, Even if you cover the difference in price as long as the labor is the same.

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Because that's overkill

You won't sign papers without tearing up Walmarts grass first? šŸ˜‚
I wouldn't sign papers without testing every button, mode, 4x4, key fobs, cameras, open and close every door and window...why drive away with a faulty vehicle? I had a huge checklist of items to cover.

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hope you're motor don't suck a valve next .
Sponsored