Sponsored

No ADM Dealerships (No Price Markup For 2021 Bronco)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrPerez007

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Jeep TJ; 2015 Dodge Charger (work); 2016 Jeep JKU; 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat; 2019 Jeep JLU
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
And, ironically, here is a dealership that isn’t so honest and straightforward. It appears that the Wisconsin DMV had enough from the antics of a Madison dealership that last week it barred “Mad City Mitsubishi” from selling and buying vehicles for 45 days after violating rules and practices. Although DMV did not list the exact violations, the news story seems to suggest that at least one of the violations involved fraud. Glad to see the state step in when the dealership loses sight of right and wrong. Hoping other dealerships in the state take notice that defrauding the public will not be tolerated...

https://www.nbc15.com/content/news/Experts-urge-c-569400771.html
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Perhaps I am old-fashioned, but I still like to kick the tires and take them for a spin before I drop 30, 40, or $50,000. I really used to enjoy the banter with the car salesperson and walking the lot, although over half the vehicles I buy I order from the factory. Now I just want to get in and get out and, as you say, without the bullshit. Locally, there are a couple of dealers that have recognized their customers have better things to do than sit in a showroom for two or three hours to buy a car. I have now established solid relationships with particular salespeople and my business generally goes there (assuming they sell what I want; fortunately one of them is a Ford dealership, unfortunately they don’t sell what my wife wants). And as for social distancing, it has actually existed for years, it’s called the ‘smartphone’ (if there ever was an oxymoron this is it). We need a reasonable balance of social interaction in our society to ensure the hordes and tribes will continue to get along. Isolation will likely breed contempt, distrust, and a certain form of snobbery. Personally, I can’t wait to get back to Twins baseball and Badger football and sit among my fellow man and cheer together. Then drive home in my new Bronco...
They haven't figured out a way to get that new car smell through the internet yet. For me, part of the fun is looking at the cars in person before deciding to buy.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
ChrispyKC,
This is why I appreciate how you do business. My lat 21 years of car buying has been with Honda products, so this will be my first new Ford. My Honda purchasing experience has been with a fleet Mgr who opens the book in our pricing discussions and we can talk frankly and honestly about the cost of the vehicle and the options that can be purchased. I don’t play games and know the dealer needs to make something on the transaction and It’s not important to try and grind itt down to the last dollar like some do. I do my homework well enough to know where I should be and if I’m off a couple of hundred dollars or so....so be it. I find that an honest transaction gets done with no adversarial feelings and my time spent at the dealership is fine tuning what I want and knowing the cost of what I want rather than negotiating for hours. I also like trying to support business in my local community rather than take dollars out of town. If I feel like I am getting jacked, then all bets are off. I’m going to use the Ford site to designate my dealer in case I need to revoke that designation

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape '09 Mercury Mariner
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is why I stay with the same Ford dealer I've been with since 2003 and have bought 11 vehicles there, 8 from the same salesman until he retired due to health issues after 22 years at that dealer and 3 from another 17 year salesman. They don't pull any of that stuff and in fact, the salesman does everything now without needing to go to finance. I was looking at stock at a local Jeep dealer and their blurb says something about a required $899 prep fee and rather high doc fee's. I don't want to deal with any of that B S
New model intros with padded stickers are like strawberry season: it doesn't last long.
Back when I was selling at an F-L-M store, we could command 1200 1988 dollars of Rust & Dust over sticker for the all-new '88 Lincoln Continental. The '89's were hundred over lot queens.
A lot of those obviously outrageous listed ADM items are there to provide the customer room to negotiate, usually one of two ways or a combination of both: "Hey, I'm on your side, Pal. Lemme talk to the boss and see what I can do..." So the doc fee goes to $50 or less, fabric guard and pinstripe gets thrown in, etc.etc. and Joe and Jane Lawnedger are triumphant hard bargainers. The other thing that it can help with is trades that slide in on their roofs; upside down, or negative equity in other words, owing thousands more than the loan value of the trade. Magically, the trade gets paid off thanks in part to the profit in the "dealer installed accessories" i.e. loan value + manufacturer profit + ADM profit ≥ balance owed. Man, I wince when I see 84 moth financing offered on any make of vehicle, but especially on one with a lot of ADM fluff, which doesn't add 2¢ the vehicle's value at trade-in/sale.. Barring winning the lottery or an inheritance, that is the last vehicle that person will buy for next seven years, at least.
The last three new Fords I've bought or leased were through a ~one price dealer (we can talk a little bit) who I estimate is making 1-2% of MSRP on the new side, having been in new car sales in the past. They are the #1 Ford dealer in Wisconsin in a town of 15,000 people.

Free popcorn and cookies, too!

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New model intros with padded stickers are like strawberry season: it doesn't last long.
Back when I was selling at an F-L-M store, we could command 1200 1988 dollars of Rust & Dust over sticker for the all-new '88 Lincoln Continental. The '89's were hundred over lot queens.
A lot of those obviously outrageous listed ADM items are there to provide the customer room to negotiate, usually one of two ways or a combination of both: "Hey, I'm on your side, Pal. Lemme talk to the boss and see what I can do..." So the doc fee goes to $50 or less, fabric guard and pinstripe gets thrown in, etc.etc. and Joe and Jane Lawnedger are triumphant hard bargainers. The other thing that it can help with is trades that slide in on their roofs; upside down, or negative equity in other words, owing thousands more than the loan value of the trade. Magically, the trade gets paid off thanks in part to the profit in the "dealer installed accessories" i.e. loan value + manufacturer profit + ADM profit ≥ balance owed. Man, I wince when I see 84 moth financing offered on any make of vehicle, but especially on one with a lot of ADM fluff, which doesn't add 2¢ the vehicle's value at trade-in/sale.. Barring winning the lottery or an inheritance, that is the last vehicle that person will buy for next seven years, at least.
The last three new Fords I've bought or leased were through a ~one price dealer (we can talk a little bit) who I estimate is making 1-2% of MSRP on the new side, having been in new car sales in the past. They are the #1 Ford dealer in Wisconsin in a town of 15,000 people.

Free popcorn and cookies, too!
The population here is about 1.75 million people, but there are at least 10 Ford dealers within a half hour and more further out. They do have to compete for business here, so they have to be up front or the customer moves on to the next dealer up the street.

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
If I see a dealer slipping in etched windows....wheel locks....tint....hydrogen air...ungodly doc fees ....and on and on....I have always walked.....that is the lowest form of awd.....always another dealer somewhere .....if you are going to try to rob me....at least be honest at gun point....at least I can raise my hands and feel good about not getting shot

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If I see a dealer slipping in etched windows....wheel locks....tint....hydrogen air...ungodly doc fees ....and on and on....I have always walked.....that is the lowest form of awd.....always another dealer somewhere .....if you are going to try to rob me....at least be honest at gun point....at least I can raise my hands and feel good about not getting shot
I always tell the dealer when I order none of that and no pinstripping, no dealer stickers, etc., best to get it in writting.

Reactions: bek

MDH224

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F250, 2021 Bronco BD 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I spoke to my dealer yesterday. I was advised that any reserved Bronco will not be marked up. However, the dealerships will be allotted a certain amount of non reserved and those could and probably will be marked up due to supply and demand.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.