First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So what ended up being the solution for this? What part was replaced?

This has happened to me 3 times now in the past month and all while driving (have had my Badlands since February 2022). It's only the instrument cluster and NOT my Nav/Radio screen (never had the issue there). Ends up resetting itself after the car has been off for more than 10min and only happens randomly.
Good morning! If you send over a private message including your VIN and dealership info, I'd be happy to look into this for you.
Sponsored

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So what ended up being the solution for this? What part was replaced?

This has happened to me 3 times now in the past month and all while driving (have had my Badlands since February 2022). It's only the instrument cluster and NOT my Nav/Radio screen (never had the issue there). Ends up resetting itself after the car has been off for more than 10min and only happens randomly.
Just had this issue pop up. You end up finding out anything?

Soups818

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had this issue pop up. You end up finding out anything?
Ford reached out to me on here and escalated it to the support team. They said someone would reach out but I have not heard anything yet

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford reached out to me on here and escalated it to the support team. They said someone would reach out but I have not heard anything yet
Thanks. It started working after being off for a couple of hours. Hopefully it doesnā€™t turn into a recurring issue.

Soups818

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So, I'm finally getting this resolved. Dealer just let me know that the whole instrument cluster needs to be replaced. That's all the info I have at the moment. Waiting on the part and hopefully it gets done tomorrow.

So, for everyone having this issue. Make sure it is happening when you take it in as it most likely won't trip any codes. It finally completely stopped working last week for me, so they were able to see it.

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜04 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
My big bend is doing the same thing- was an intermittent problem, but I guess the screen hasnā€™t been on in a week now. Calling dealer in the amā€¦

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My big bend is doing the same thing- was an intermittent problem, but I guess the screen hasnā€™t been on in a week now. Calling dealer in the amā€¦
Hi there. Can you send us a DM with your VIN and dealership info? I can look into this for you.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜04 ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Friday to Tuesday afternoon: my blank gauge screen was diagnosed as needing to be replaced, brought Bronco back Monday and new screen/ module was overnighted (with required pre programmed odometer) from Ford and replaced on Tuesday. So big thanks to Kendall Ford for making magic happen! Thought I would be without my vehicle for weeks. One night only!

In other news, the bronco sport loaner had seat back rubber mats for the 2nd row- wish my Bronco had those!

Bitchwhitch

Outer Banks
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.projectmidge.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Edge, 2014 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just happened to me with my 2021 OBX. Drove it cross country this past weekend with no issues, and now - blank! Help!

IMG_6297.jpeg

Sponsored

TXDOZER

Base
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Basesquatch & 2020 Escalade
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just had this happen last night. Read the threads this morning and heard it reset as I loosened the negative cable. Tightened it down and all is well. Hope thatā€™s not a harbinger of a progressive issue.

Coastalcop

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok this is based on another thread here , but my instrument cluster went blank after a disconnect of the neg terminal while wiring aux switches. Checked all connections. Everything good , still no screen .

searched here and high and low and found a solution I tried, here it is.

1. pull down panel under steering wheel, itā€™s just clips and hinged at the bottom

2. Look on left side of now exposed area, this is another fuse box ( might be covered by a plastic card listing default door codes, odd because mine doesnā€™t have the didgital combo on the doors). Take this card out if present to expose fuses.

3. Pull number 13 fuse and examine it ( three prong fuse). Tested with multimeter all good.

4. reinstall fuse 13 if good and button it back up.

5. start truck

this fixed my instrument cluster and all is well, it did throw a check engine code about fuel and I reset with my scanner, though others have stated it reset on its own after a short drive.

I canā€™t take credit and my google-fu is weak right now so I canā€™t credit the guy that originally posted.

hope this works for you like it did for me.

bcl0404

Black Diamond
First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ok this is based on another thread here , but my instrument cluster went blank after a disconnect of the neg terminal while wiring aux switches. Checked all connections. Everything good , still no screen .

searched here and high and low and found a solution I tried, here it is.

1. pull down panel under steering wheel, itā€™s just clips and hinged at the bottom

2. Look on left side of now exposed area, this is another fuse box ( might be covered by a plastic card listing default door codes, odd because mine doesnā€™t have the didgital combo on the doors). Take this card out if present to expose fuses.

3. Pull number 13 fuse and examine it ( three prong fuse). Tested with multimeter all good.

4. reinstall fuse 13 if good and button it back up.

5. start truck

this fixed my instrument cluster and all is well, it did throw a check engine code about fuel and I reset with my scanner, though others have stated it reset on its own after a short drive.

I canā€™t take credit and my google-fu is weak right now so I canā€™t credit the guy that originally posted.

hope this works for you like it did for me.
Thanks so much for this post. This exact same occurrence happened to me. I followed this post and can attest that it worked and fixed my black dash. šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘
Sponsored