Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250 6.7l
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've been enjoying this nice Nashville weather without the doors and top for a couple months now. I decided to make a little trip yesterday and ended up on the interstate for a bit. As it turns out, those floor mats don't like 70+ MPH winds without some feet on them. I think the front passenger mat might stay in with that one button connector, but that small back passenger side mat was already up in the back seat when i caught it and the other back mat was lifting up also. Just a tip, you might need some something on them that wont blow away or roll out the doors. I had to "borrow" a piece of Rip Rap from TDOT to keep mine in place since i had nothing to hold them in.
Ford Bronco No Doors, No Top, maybe no floormats floor mat
Sponsored

kbBronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I've been enjoying this nice Nashville weather without the doors and top for a couple months now. I decided to make a little trip yesterday and ended up on the interstate for a bit. As it turns out, those floor mats don't like 70+ MPH winds without some feet on them. I think the front passenger mat might stay in with that one button connector, but that small back passenger side mat was already up in the back seat when i caught it and the other back mat was lifting up also. Just a tip, you might need some something on them that wont blow away or roll out the doors. I had to "borrow" a piece of Rip Rap from TDOT to keep mine in place since i had nothing to hold them in.
Ford Bronco No Doors, No Top, maybe no floormats floor mat
Had the same thing happen to me! Caught mine mid flight and added some weight for the trip. Need to find a more permanent solution for sure

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I take all the passenger side mats out of my Badlands if the doors are off and no passenger to hold them down! They want to go flying. I took the full top off my 2-door for the first time yesterday. I'd suggest buckling the back seats as those bastards flap around a ton!

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Someone just posted in the past few days about adding snap buttons to the mats but you also had to install them on the trim, which some won’t want to do.

Sponsored

stormshadow3800

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Bronco Badlands (SAS)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
YES! I Have the WeatherTech mats and had an oh Sh*t moment at about 65mph. Passenger side almost flew out. I now remove them whenever the doors are off. Or try to remember... Forgot today and had to put my backpack on top. Also not optimal as I was wondering if that was going to fly out with the cross wind.

Obviously not a Weathertech issue, but also OEM.

RaceRedBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 door Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I had the same experience first time I took the doors off... Was just rolling enjoying the open air and then heard some flapping.. Looked back and the rear floor liners were midair! Luckily I was able to stop them from flying out!