First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can't seem to find any pictures or info on a Bronco with dual exhaust. You would think surely the V-6 would have it, at least as an option. I did read, however, that no F-150's are getting duals either, even with a V-8...
Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't seem to find any pictures or info on a Bronco with dual exhaust. You would think surely the V-6 would have it, at least as an option. I did read, however, that no F-150's are getting duals either, even with a V-8...
No pictures or intel that there will be a dual exhaust. No F-150s are getting a dual exhaust. Seems safe to assume that the Bronco will not get one.
That said, you never know what the aftermarket is going to do. Lots of dual exhaust setups for Jeeps available in the aftermarket (though pretty much just for aesthetics... but there’s nothing wrong with that).

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Once the exhaust gasses flow through a turbo, there's little to be gained in the way of scavenging where you could pick up a few horsepower with an h or x-pipe on a traditional naturally aspirated engine. So you might as well run a single exhaust sized for the flow you need. Less weight, less mess under the chassis, less routing of pipes around everything under there.

Bayou_Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Once the exhaust gasses flow through a turbo, there's little to be gained in the way of scavenging where you could pick up a few horsepower with an h or x-pipe on a traditional naturally aspirated engine. So you might as well run a single exhaust sized for the flow you need. Less weight, less mess under the chassis, less routing of pipes around everything under there.
Definitely This. ???

Brick Vanderhuge

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge, Custom Softail, Flatside Shovelhead
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I totally get the idea of port scavenging not being a factor in a turbo charged application, but there might be an affect when it comes to back pressure. Lower being better. That being said, a true dual exhaust is probably not in the cards but I see dual cat back systems coming as they are there for the F150 and there are dyno results showing small bumps in power and torque for the F150.

Sponsored
OP
OP
HeritageRider

HeritageRider

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Xterra Pro-4X 2014 Focus SE 5MT 1994 H-D
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I totally get the idea of port scavenging not being a factor in a turbo charged application, but there might be an affect when it comes to back pressure. Lower being better. That being said, a true dual exhaust is probably not in the cards but I see dual cat back systems coming as they are there for the F150 and there are dyno results showing small bumps in power and torque for the F150.
It surely does sound better, and then there is - let's face it - the cool factor. If you're building a vehicle for enthusiasts, give them enthusiast options!

Indominus49er

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo, Honda
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
No exhaust tips for me. I plan on a turn down underneath

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While the biggest restriction is the turbo by far; For any application you want the smallest diameter exhaust (and fewest number of pipes) until the backpressure pumping losses exceed the gains from scavaging in your desired power band range. Just like camshaft selection, you tune both to get the power where you want it. Once the turbo waste-gate opens, the scavaging effect will be more pronounced (and it is not as critical as on an NA engine), but it is there. As the gasses have cooled by the exhaust exit, it is not as critical on parity sized piping. I suspect any gains from going to a dual outlet exhaust are from less restrictive muffler or (more likely) from dyno measurement error. Even if you gain peak power, you might shift the curve such that do not get an overall improvement in acceleration.. This assumes the factory properly sized the exhaust from the git go. Add that up with generally more weight from a dual outlet system, you are probably slower than before.

For 270 horses, I would expect a single 2.5", for 310; 2.75" (and if the 2.7 gets to 325 horse; maybe a 3". For a possible future 400 bronco's under the hood; 3.25")

-Drex

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Raptor and The F150 Limited (with HO 3.5L EB) has dual exhaust

No pictures or intel that there will be a dual exhaust. No F-150s are getting a dual exhaust. Seems safe to assume that the Bronco will not get one.
That said, you never know what the aftermarket is going to do. Lots of dual exhaust setups for Jeeps available in the aftermarket (though pretty much just for aesthetics... but there’s nothing wrong with that).

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

Pretty sure Fords thinking on this was to get as much stuff out of the way of ground clearance as possible. That’s why the current tip is tucked back almost up behind the bumper.

broncobobby

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
84 Jeep CJ7, 74 F100, 14 Explorer, 18 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can get dual exhausts for F150 and Ranger over at FordPerformanceParts.com, assuming Bronco's will be there too, in time. https://performanceparts.ford.com/
Sponsored

Last edited: