Sponsored

No Garage - How to Store 2-Door Hardtop?

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've looked through several threads and haven't found an answer, so apologies if I've missed where this has already been discussed (and please redirect me to that thread). Basically, I bought a house in December and it has no garage. The driveway is gravel, so not even easy to roll any cart around. There is no readily accessible basement.

My 2-Door Basesquatch Bronco is scheduled to Blend tomorrow, so the clock is ticking on figure out a solution/place to store the hardtop as well as the doors. Has anyone found just a stationary stand to hold the hardtop and then perhaps a weatherproof cover to put over it? Or maybe one of those prefab plastic/rubber storage sheds you see at Home Depot or Costco to store the hardtop? I could see having that behind my driveway fence and just storing it there during the Spring and Summer when we take the hardtop off.

Separately, but relatedly, I was wondering what to do for a car cover since I don't have a garage. Are the CoverKing all-weather covers good? Has anyone used just the OEM Ford cabin-only cover for overnight stays when it's not going to rain? I was thinking an all-weather heavy duty cover for when I leave the car park for several days (as the Bronco will be since it's primarily a weekend beach car) and then the OEM Ford Cabin-only Cover for the weekends when it's not scheduled to rain. What I want to avoid is having to put the hardtop back on during the week when I'm not using it.
Sponsored

nwGTS

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche 911 GTS, BMW M3, VW Golf
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is your property zoned to allow a car port? If you can get a covered one it will solve both problems:

Ford Bronco No Garage - How to Store 2-Door Hardtop? H1-what-is-a-carport_1

If you can't get a car port, yes I suggest one of the plastic sheds that can lock so the top is at least somewhat secure and then get a coverking cover.

This sounds like a bug hassle just typing it, so I'd really suggest something like a carport.

You can build a standalone like the pic above or they have some that attach to the side of the house too:

Ford Bronco No Garage - How to Store 2-Door Hardtop? residential-aluminum-carport

I've never owned or built one personally, but they always seemed like a good idea to extend garage space to just a keep a car out of the sun and away from any rain/snow.

OP
OP
howardde

howardde

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is your property zoned to allow a car port? If you can get a covered one it will solve both problems:

Ford Bronco No Garage - How to Store 2-Door Hardtop? residential-aluminum-carport

If you can't get a car port, yes I suggest one of the plastic sheds that can lock so the top is at least somewhat secure and then get a coverking cover.

This sounds like a bug hassle just typing it, so I'd really suggest something like a carport.

You can build a standalone like the pic above or they have some that attach to the side of the house too:

I've never owned or built one personally, but they always seemed like a good idea to extend garage space to just a keep a car out of the sun and away from any rain/snow.
Unfortunately, no. I live in a Historic District in a quaint New York town on the water. So whatever I do will not be able to fit the car. I need to be able to discreetly cover the hardtop such that it is not visible from the street (hence the stationary stand with some type of weatherproof cover to go over it). I've got to think I'm not the only one out there with no garage or storage options --- this seems like a market to address.

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Stick it in your living room, use it as a coffee table.
I never wish I knew how to photoshop more than now :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Sponsored

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Maybe an unreasonable answer but perhaps find a cheap-ish outdoor 24/7 storage space where you could keep it?

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Also, there have been a bunch of posts about waterproof covers, most haven't said good things about the Ford one when it rains.
Just do a search for the covers and you'll likely get a ton of info.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Stick it in your living room, use it as a coffee table.
Damn it... I read the thread title and came here to post the same thing, but you beat me to it :cautious:

Uhh... use it as a... dining room table?!

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'd offer up my space, but you're a little far :ROFLMAO:.
I already am storing 2 motorcycles and a car for different people.
And a HUGE snap on tool box (luckily, I have permission to use it).

FleshTuxedo

Outer Banks
First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX 2dr.
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Damn it... I read the thread title and came here to post the same thing, but you beat me to it :cautious:

Uhh... use it as a... dining room table?!
Child's bed maybe? It can hold up to, what? 75 lbs?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If ever there were a case to be made for buying a soft top and storing that hard top someplace else long term .... this is it.

Storage unit
Brothers back yard
In-laws back yard
a buddy that has space

I can't believe I didn't take a pic, but I set my hard top on a little cart made for pulling behind a lawn tractor and wheel it around to the back of the house that way ... just short term though, like over the weekend.
Something like this... I think you had to put it on with the glass (heavy end) towards the hitch, otherwise it upends.

Ford Bronco No Garage - How to Store 2-Door Hardtop? 1679369774358

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build a storage shed with a shelf to get the hardtop off of the ground. Plans are available online….free if you look hard enough. Or find a local shed builder. Cheaper than paying someone for monthly storage in the long run.

Charlesbrown165

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2 Dr Cosmo Blue
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I just heard that there are business was that offer hardtop storage/ soft top storage as a service in NJ…….google it.

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
How about stack a few cinder blocks and run a 2x4 board across on the front and back to rest the top on. Cover the whole thing with a tarp. Not necessarily the most beautiful setup, but cheap and easy.
Sponsored